Best music artist ever?

Pony

Rear Admiral
I am Interested to see what music people hear listen to. So why not post your favorite group/ band.<br /><br /><br />Mine is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I have seen them live, and they are great.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Best music artist ever?

The very best male vocalist ever was Freddy Mercury.<br /><br />Best pianist was Liberacci.<br /><br />Best metal artist; well it's a toss up between Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Judas Priest, and Dio.<br /><br />I reckon John Denver and Jim Croche deserve a place in there somewhere.<br /><br />Best femal metal is between Kat and the chick from "Close my eyes for ever." <br /><br />Best pop maybe Pat Benatar for female vocalist.<br /><br />For pure country, for me nothing beats David Allan Coe.<br /><br />For classical I prefer Chopin, but Amadeus is a close secend. <br /><br />For Punk, The Exploited rule!<br /><br />For New Wave nothing trups Devo, or Soft Cell, or the Human League.<br /><br />I also have favs in zydeco, swing, big band, etc.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Favourire groups; Marillion and Runrig<br />Favourite female singer: Kate Bush<br />Favourite male singer: Johnny Cash <br />Favourite male singer (2nd); Fish<br />Favourite male singer (3rd); Gary Numan<br /><br />Classical singer: Maria Callas<br />Metal: Iron Maiden

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Pony.:<br />Mine is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I have seen them live, and they are great.
Agree 100%. :D

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

Wow i have so many theres no room to write them down. John R. Cash tops my list, but in my own wacky world i feel that John Prine is the greatest song writer in the world to me. Rock and roll well i just love it all. :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Hey, hey, another John Prine fan. Good writer, unique voice.

one more cast

Captain

I really have no favorites anymore but years ago it was none other then Lynyrd Skynyrd.

rwise

Captain

Wow to many types of music to have just one favorite! I like rock, blues, country, hip hop, rap etc etc etc.........

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

to many for one, but if all I could save was one CD collection I would grab my Pink Floyd collection :)

ziggy

Admiral

i just listen to the blues now a days, electric blues if possible. other genres too for that matter. guess i've opened my mind to other musics now that i'm gettin older(excludeing rap and opera, just can't get into that for some reason). as far as best though. to me the best music artist would be the colaboration of john & paul. aka the beatles. they wrote and played their own music. they changed the world with their music too(my opinion and perhaps others too)...i'm thinking they were at the right place at the right time. i think paul has even said that too....

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm.<br /><br />Folk: Burl Ives, ______ Ten Boom<br />Country: Johnny Cash, Patsy Kline<br />Pop: Perry Como, Rosemary Clooney <br />Rock: The King<br />Classical: Luciano Pavarotti, Maria Callas <br />Violin: Ytzak Perlman<br />Piano: Van Cliburn<br />Pop composer: Irving Berlin, Richard Rogers<br />Classical composer: Ludwig Van Beethoven<br />Opera composer: Giacomo Rossini

Ron G

Commander

Ilove all kinds of music.<br />ottis reading,Robert johnson,Metalica,Motley crue,snoop dog,C.D.B.,too many country artist name.I dont know alot of the artists i just like the music :D

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a hard question for me. I like so many different kinds of music. I think Led Zepplin would have to be my top. Great voice, great lyrics, great music composition -- they don't make 'em like they used to. Music these days is too pre-packaged and planned compared to the classic rock n' roll.<br /><br />However, on a Friday afternoon when I get out of work, nothing beats Tom Petty's Wildflowers. The beginning of that CD just puts me in one heckuva feelin' good, feelin' happy kinda mood.<br /><br />Right now, I'm listening to a Cuban salsa band that is very cool -- Buena Vista Social Club. I highly recommend checking them out.

Pony

Rear Admiral

lol fireman.....<br /><br /><br />For me, the best song writer has to be Neil Diamond. The man wrote some crazy good lyrics

gonefishie

Commander

<br />to many for one, but if all I could save was one CD collection I would grab my Pink Floyd collection<br /><br />
Yeah! that's what I'm talking about, I never have seen the original band but got the pleasure of seeing Roger Waters in In The Flesh tour. Best concert I've ever been to. Zepellin, The Door, Tom Petty, Chili Peppers, Pearl Jams, Alice In Chain and OMG how can I forget the God of the guitar Jimi Hendrix!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Screen name ziggystardust.....and no mention of David Bowie (sp) just don't seem right???<br />As for me Pink Floyd would be at the top along with Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band......Yah!! way too many to list them all…….. but ZZ's a got’a be there, along with Epic recording artist……….The Michael Stanley Band......BTW 16+ post and no mention of The Stones???

LadyFish

Admiral

I love Tom Petty but I would add Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Clapton to the mix for their great guitar.