Attn Ezmobee!! I mean CoolBikeGuy!!!!!

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Attn Ezmobee!! I mean CoolBikeGuy!!!!!

sooooo..... i took another 28 pics ...lol i have to go into photobucket and resize them then ill post some more. i have a couple pics that i have questions about. ill try to get it done tonight. i was outside looking at her today and i have decided im gonna go all out on this boat. im gonna make her as nice as i can without breaking the bank. the motor is gonna be the toughest and biggest $ item. im just worried about picking up parts for that chrysler. atleast a merc or " johnnyrude " ( isnt that what you called it ) i can go to the local shop and either get or order parts with no issues.

are you sure you want to get involved EZ ?? lol

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yeah I'm sure. And we at least owe it to that old Chrysler to try to get her fired. If nothing else we can take video of it running so you can get top dollar when you sell it!

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

id deff like to play around with her a little before i jump full on into this project. wouldnt mind hearing and seeing her run and a vid wouldnt be a bad idea.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Think about what a current video of the motor running in an ad would make you feel when you're looking at motors. It would certainly raise the confidence level a good bit. Much more so than "it ran fine last time I used it"

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

whats this dished area infront of the motor called ?

100_3881.jpg

these next few pics will show the front of the area i was asking about where it mounts to the sides ...

100_3868.jpg

100_3869.jpg

port side is cracked too ..

100_3870.jpg

does look broke or worn out .. or both ...lol

100_3886.jpg

is it common to use wood as a spacer for the engine mount like this

100_3888.jpg

Andy in NY

Commander

whats this dished area infront of the motor called ?

100_3881.jpg

splashwell

these next few pics will show the front of the area i was asking about where it mounts to the sides ...

100_3868.jpg

100_3869.jpg

port side is cracked too ..

100_3870.jpg

any fabrication shop should be able to make you some new aluminum brackets, just rivet them in place.

does look broke or worn out .. or both ...lol

100_3886.jpg

broke

is it common to use wood as a spacer for the engine mount like this

100_3888.jpg

ya, thats how they came stock. Jeremy and I both opted NOT to replace.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

why is the splashwell area soooo BIG ? is it when you shut the throttle off to give the wake thats catching you a place to go ? i guess if i add a swim platform we'll just have to climb over the splashwell :confused:

Rickairmedic

Commander

Scott I would guess the Splashwell is that big so that you have a storage area for your gas tank/s and battery :D. I would also say I would rather have water splash back up in there when I slaam on the brakes then have it splash up into the boat and possibly capsize me :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Scott I would guess the Splashwell is that big so that you have a storage area for your gas tank/s and battery :D. I would also say I would rather have water splash back up in there when I slaam on the brakes then have it splash up into the boat and possibly capsize me :D.

Rick

your boat has brakes??? :eek:

mine just breaks. :D

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

Rick

makes sense guess ill keep it in there .. LOL

Rickairmedic

Commander

your boat has brakes??? :eek:

mine just breaks. :D

LOL Andy my boat has great brakes its been stopped in my driveway for 2 months now :D. Heck it stopped so quick last time it actually flipped over ROFLMAO.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

LOL Andy my boat has great brakes its been stopped in my driveway for 2 months now :D. Heck it stopped so quick last time it actually flipped over ROFLMAO.

Rick

:eek:

You just made my night rick!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Those brackets could easily be replaced with some aluminum angle. That lower unit looks rough but actually my own is fairly shabby as well. Doesn't necessarily mean it's bad or leaky. And yes, that boat has a gi-huge-ic spashwell. Fair amount of storage under it though at least.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

im gonna need to find a wiring guru at some point. someone that understands marine wiring, undersands the use of proper heat shrink, connectors, fuse and grounding blocks etc .. im also thinking about doing a 2 batt set up so ill need the batt switch and all that kinda stuff hooked up aswell.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Forgive me if you already told me, but where in Lancaster are you? Pretty much my whole family lives over there. Most of my mom's side of the family seems to have congregated within about a 2 miles radius off the Oregon Pike/Landis Valley Rd. area and my dad's side is in Millersville.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

do you know where the rockvale outlets are ? or dutch wonderland ? im like 10 min east of the outlets. if you look up http://www.reveretavern.com/ im like a 1/4 mile west of revere. my driveway goes right off of rte 30.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Ah ok. That's easy to find. And I did see that tavern in my 2 trips out that way in the past week :)

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

yep you drove right past my place on your way to look at the boat .. lol maybe after this weekend we can get to geather and you can check her out a little closer and go over some ideas. looks like the weather is gonna cool off some for next week too. gonna pm you ...

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

well ... i was just sitting here looking out the window at the SS and remebered, there are 2 boats in md at my grandparents place. im 99% sure that 1 of the 2 is a big johnson .. 100 + hp. the other may be aswell and they would be free IF they are still there.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Well Johnson's at least I know something about. As long as they aren't the dreaded electric shift models.....

You know I was thinking yesterday, say that Chrysler ran. If we got video of it running and maybe even one of it on the water pushing the boat.....how much you want to bet you'd be able to get someone who doesn't know any better on CL to pay $500 for it??

I sent you a PM. Let me know when you want to starting playing boat.