Re: Attn Ezmobee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL COOLBIKEGUY, whats the verdict????

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

WELL COOLBIKEGUY, whats the verdict????

Yeah maaaaaan...ya make what 46 post without a boat..then buy one and go AWOL??lol

Hey Andy..WE can always call Liz ourselves! lol

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL I still have Liz's email addy I could email her and see if Cool picked it up tonight :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

maybe the dog got him:eek:

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

easy does it guys .... im not AWOL... lol. this evening just got away from me. so heres the scoop. went down around 615 to check out the boat. i was there earlier today but only looked at it from the car since there was a big ole rottweiler there. sitting in the car i thought ... its not to bad, deff a project boat. now back to 615 this eve ... got a close up look and although it is a project boat on the inside all in all i was pretty pleased. the hull is in great shape. not dented up at all. the interior ... well its a mess lol but i expected that at this price range. the engine .. a big old chrysler and i was told it ran 3 years ago when it was parked. it doesnt look to terrible but i sure would like to have a merc hanging off the back. so the deal is ... i put a deposit on it beause they are still looking for the title. if they dont have it tomorrow he will go to the notary with the registration and apply for a lost title .. no biggie. just sucks that i have to wait ..lol the price ... well its was 300 bucks but then he said he had a brand new 12 gallon tank and a sea to shore radio that he bought from cabelas and i gave another 100 those items. im not sure he told EZ he had those or if this was part of his sales plot. either way... im only out 400 bucks .. FOR NOW .. lol it ended up the i know who the guy is thats selling the boat. not on a friendly level but i have dealt with him before at a local mower shop when i was buying parts there. small world. oh yea... i was told the boat was stored in the barn for the last 3 yrs and was just recently set out when they decided to sell. floor feels solid transom looks good but i may end up replacing both ( the floor for sure )ok ... any questions ? ill try to answer. sorry for the delay .. scott

Rickairmedic

Commander

Naaaaaa ROts dont eat bikers they like bikers :eek: unless he is the spandex type of bikers rots like how they taste :D.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL well Scott I guess since we already have pictures ( although technically Kev provided them ) :D . Welcome to the Starcraft club cant wait to see more pics of her and your resto thread start in the resto forum :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Good news for you on the boat title situation in PA. Even if he has NO paperwork whatsoever you'll be fine. When I got my boat, the guy I bought it from had bought it on ebay and never registered it. He had less than no paperwork. I went to the Fish & Game office in Harrisburg (it was actually 1/4 mile from my work) and they were EXTREMELY helpful. They issued me a temp registration immediately and said all they needed to do was send a letter to the last registered owner. Which in your case will be the seller. In my case, if they didn't hear back in 30 days, the boat got registered to me.

You will want to eventually replace the floor and transom because he didn't seal any of it when he did it but they are solid for now and you could certinaly use it as is.

I'm drop dead serious that you better invite me over when you try to start that beast of a Chrysler (not that I'll have too much mechanical ability to lend). And I would honestly enjoy helping you with the project if you'd be interested.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

thanks for the offer EZ. id be more than happy to have some extra help especially from someone who has already been where im starting.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

YEAH!
Good job...I feel,,,well..I feel so proud of ya man!
lol

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

i know i have to start a resto thread but ill wait till i get the boat haome and start working on it. in the mean time what area few of the " get right away " things that i should order ? i cant remember the name of the stuff thats used for sealing up the rivets and joints but i guess that stuff woul be at the top of the list. ay other must haves to have on hand when i start in on this thing ?

quick question on the floor ... did you guys use the old pieces as your template for the new floor pieces ?? if not how did you go about getting your floor right ?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Awakening a sleeping outboard
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158086

I used my old floor as a template. You should be able to on that one. For the open bow section you'll need to make one. I'd use cardboard or sheet pink/blue construction foam from Lowes. Gluvit is the sealer. That's a step I wish I'd done on mine.

I think we should see if we can run it first. If he didn't let gas sit in the carbs it just might not be gummed up too bad. The rollers and bunks on that trailer will need work pretty quick. I don't know your water access situation but my family has a cabin on the Susquehanna down in Delta, PA with a ramp at the end of the street. If you needed to float the boat and have a place to tie it up and a place to work on the trailer we could certainly utilize that. See how I've shoved my way right into your project? :)

Rickairmedic

Commander

I used my old floor as a template. You should be able to on that one. For the open bow section you'll need to make one. I'd use cardboard or sheet pink/blue construction foam from Lowes. Gluvit is the sealer. That's a step I wish I'd done on mine.

I think we should see if we can run it first. If he didn't let gas sit in the carbs it just might not be gummed up too bad. The rollers and bunks on that trailer will need work pretty quick. I don't know your water access situation but my family has a cabin on the Susquehanna down in Delta, PA with a ramp at the end of the street. If you needed to float the boat and have a place to tie it up and a place to work on the trailer we could certainly utilize that. See how I've shoved my way right into your project? :)

LOL EZ it looks like you may get to resto that SS afterall you'll just be spending Scotts money instead of yours :D. Scott when EZ tells you no carpet in the boat take his word for it and dont put carpet in it :D. I got my Gluvit locally pretty cheap so if you have a marine dealer nearby check there otherwise I wouldnt worry about stocking up on much till you get her home and get to work on her .

Rick

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

well let me officially welcome you aboard lol. i do have a few acre lake at my parents place to that could be used. thats where my little mirrocraft is right now. i doubt that i will keep that trailer. im gonna keep my eye open for a nice used galvanized trailer. but for all the more rollers cost i may go ahead and replace them to make sure i dont dmage the hull.oh and thanks for that offer in delta. once i get her home and do and investigation ( just nosing around ) ill deff get in touch with you.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

LOL EZ it looks like you may get to resto that SS afterall you'll just be spending Scotts money instead of yours :D. Scott when EZ tells you no carpet in the boat take his word for it and dont put carpet in it :D. I got my Gluvit locally pretty cheap so if you have a marine dealer nearby check there otherwise I wouldnt worry about stocking up on much till you get her home and get to work on her .

Rick

lets be alittle easy on the spending thing ... LOL i have all winter to get this done..:D no carpet ? duraback ? ( is that whats its called )

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Scott I am sure EZ will take it EZ on your wallett :D. He actually did an awesome job on his Jupiter including that killer windshield and did it on a frugal budget :D. Granted he may be more willing to spend yours to do thing he woulda done on his :eek:.

Rick

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

LOL I launch my 22 holiday every day in the Skagit river ( big River) Most times a good thing sometimes not fun at all when there are lots of people waiting to come out of the water I have loaded sideways -short - crooked -and more. Then had to refloat it and do it over. Big long and a lot of boat for the current to push around. HOWEVER I love it , tons of room and a real head turner. besides I like speed and I have no one pass me on the river. I have been approached several times to sell the boat. Not a chance. If I did it would sound like I expected a fortune for what I woud ask. No less than 9k and I am sure I could find a buyer. Big is better Ed

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I've been very impressed with the results I've seen on here of people using Durabak although I think it is pretty pricey. North Beach's marine vinyl floor is also bad@ss. I would definitely go 3/4" ply on the floor. That's what I have in mine and it's rock solid. I believe your boat has 1/2" in it now and the difference is noticeable. It's a little springy.

As I said, I believe that trailer is solid as heck and definitely usable as is. However, that boat has a pretty good V to it and I personally don't like how high it sits on that trailer. When shopping for another one, definitely try to find one where the boat would sit down in between the wheels a bit instead of perched up on top like that. My Jupiter sits higher on the trailer than I'd like and that SS is even worse. I've found http://www.wholesalemarine.com is fantastic for all those misc trailer parts like rollers and brackets.

Also, if you want some more ideas....in addition to Joeyplumley's great restore....this is the one that I first saw that made me want and SS http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=212191

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

i saved both of those links in my favs aswell as a couple others to refer back to. yea, im deff gonna go with 3/4 inch ply. i want a nice solid floor. you know the boat had pedastal seats in except for the driver seat. im not sure i want pedastals im thinking about the back to back lounging seats and maybe do a front pedastal for fishing. the seats should be an easy swap right ? ill have to check into the flooring options. i was thinking durabak aswell but i have not priced it yet .. LOL i wonder how the durabak is in the hot sun ... does it get hot on the feet ? also, with the durabak.. i guess you can hose that floor off and let the bilge pump get rid of the water right ??

still havent heard from liz or jason but i think she said he works till 3 or 3:30 today. its hard to be patient .... i want her home ...lol im ready to give her a good look over and start making my list of wants/needs lol