Arkansas Get Together

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Arkansas Get Together

Okay, I was paddling on the Spring River last weekend and kinda forgot about boats with motors, then I read something about Ouachita being the second cleanest lake in the country according to the EPA and returned to boat thoughts. How does anyone/everyone feel about August 10-12?

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Okay, I was paddling on the Spring River last weekend and kinda forgot about boats with motors, then I read something about Ouachita being the second cleanest lake in the country according to the EPA and returned to boat thoughts. How does anyone/everyone feel about August 10-12?

Looks good in my book!

Lorie

Cadet

John actually asked me the other day if I ever found out when you guys were planning this. He may actually be thinking of making the trip. I will give him the dates tomorrow. Would be lots of fun!!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Sweet! So let's see. So far we have two Arkies, a coon ask, and a couple from Kan-Tuh-Kee. I like it! That really would be cool if you guys could make it.

ninjamatt

Seaman Apprentice

Hey everyone, and Incoop! I am from Little Rock and new to the forum. I started out doing a search for a particular boat I am looking at, (95 celebrity 180br), led me to this site, and been reading it about 4 hours now! Anyway, I did stumble across your Arkansas thread and thought I would chime in.

I have one buddy with a ski boat who goes to the sand bar at the Arkansas River a lot. On saturdays there can be a decent little crowd. Typically friendly drinkers just trying to make new boat friends. The time I went there was volleyball going, I'm guessing 60 to 70 folk, maybe 15 boats total in the 2 hours I was there. I don't know if you are familiar with it, just throwing it out there if you get bored. I told my buddy I wanna go back with him.

My other buddy has a bass boat. We went to lake hamilton Memorial day and had a blast particularly at skinny dip cove. different people told me the typical saturday is a lot better than memorial day, and the logic made sense. I'm sure we'll be back there soon too.

Anyway, I'm 32 but new to boating, only been on the water in 3 or 4 boats a couple times the last couple years. I'm stressing over, do I go ahead and buy me a boat, or just ride with my friends. I put an ad up to sell my ninja bike, and could come up with the cash pretty easy, but it's a stressful decision due to all I've heard and even read about on here.

I got a couple things in mind, just giving it a lot of thought. maybe we can all meet up somewhere some time.

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll be at heber tomorrow, if my boat doesn't let me down. I am at the braking point trying to find a prop to work with it. I was hoping my laser tach would come in but it hasn't. So we'll see.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

So guys, I expect to see you BOTH at the get together. If you're not water ready by then you can hop in with me or someone else. No excuses!:p

lncoop

Vice Admiral

BTW Matt, if you're talking about the sand bar by Burns Park I've killed a few hours there. Great place to go after work and throw a few dogs and burgers on the boat grill and enjoy a brew or two.:cool:

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

So guys, I expect to see you BOTH at the get together. If you're not water ready by then you can hop in with me or someone else. No excuses!:p

You guys planning on camping out on an island. Famiky or.man time?

lncoop

Vice Admiral

You guys planning on camping out on an island. Famiky or.man time?

I'll probably do the island thing, but I'm sure some will stay at Brady, Shangri La, et al. There will be admirals and vice admirals in attendance. It will be a pretty loosely managed affair though.

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We will try to make it !! Ninjamatt sell the bike you'll be safer in a boat !!

ninjamatt

Seaman Apprentice

We will try to make it !! Ninjamatt sell the bike you'll be safer in a boat !!

yea I realize that. just 2 totally different types of things. a bike I can get on and go, the boat it's a little different. plus there's not as much upkeep on the bike and i'm the original owner. Anyway, Incoop, yea the sandbar is a couple hundred yards from the murray park launch. I need to get back out there soon. One guy I am in communication with has a 91 eliminator. interior in very average shape. It's got a 350 merc he says was recently rebuilt. Does anyone have an opinion on this he says he'll take 4800...http://fortsmith.craigslist.org/boa/3047968788.html

By the way, do we have anyone on here looking to get out to one of the lakes and chase some quality mid 20's bikini's

lncoop

Vice Admiral

By the way, do we have anyone on here looking to get out to one of the lakes and chase some quality mid 20's bikini's

Check with Piece715. Think he's still a hot blooded young turk.:p

Piece715

A gentleman would never openly admit to this :rolleyes: but the view is quite lovely!...
(highlight here ->) yes please

Check with Piece715. Think he's still a hot blooded young turk.:p

Touche sir, Touche :cool:

lncoop

Vice Admiral

A gentleman would never openly admit to this :rolleyes: but the view is quite lovely!

Touche sir, Touche :cool:

Just to clarify, that was intended as a compliment, and yes, I concur on the view.;)

Piece715

Just to clarify, that was intended as a compliment, and yes, I concur on the view.;)

No harm incoop as i took it as one, tip of the hat to ya!:D

On a side note... boat is at Art's right now... found it was only firing on one cylinder.. Imuss watched my video and alerted me to the problem... pretty for certain its a carb problem but hopefully i dont need a new powerplant :facepalm:

lncoop

Vice Admiral

They'll get it sorted out for you in plenty of time. I used to take my rigs to Art's, but not any more since they don't work on black motors. Next time you need something done take it to Riverside. Nothing against Art's, they're fine, but Riverside is the shiznippity.

Piece715

They'll get it sorted out for you in plenty of time. I used to take my rigs to Art's, but not any more since they don't work on black motors. Next time you need something done take it to Riverside. Nothing against Art's, they're fine, but Riverside is the shiznippity.

Well Riverside was the place I wanted to go because you had mentioned them to me in a previous thread, but to my surprise... they aren't open on Saturdays. So Art's won out... due to it being Saturday, both shops were sitting at two weeks... Ohhh and if ya every hear of anyone needing work on an Evinrude.... the shop guy at Art's, when he was working on my primer solenoid a couple of weeks ago, said the best Evinrude mechanic is at Degray One Stop & Marine, in Bismarck