Arkansas Get Together

BigLee324

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Arkansas Get Together

Alright guys, not to be too presumptuous, but we've already booked a cabin for 8/10-8/12 at Brady Mt. The first mate was getting nervous about the lodging availability. Will be bringing the "Baby Rooster"- jet flea for any and all to use. Since "Coop" is too busy to call me back, I'm forced to air my ignorant questions here on an open forum. What the heck is a "Dry County", and do I need to be concerned about it. This is a foreign concept to us down here and we could use some guidance. Thanks !!!

IT only means you can't buy alkyhol there , so bring it with ya and look at a map so you can get the best route to the next county should a beer run be needed

Lorie

Cadet

I am very sad to say that John has a business trip that has come up and we won't be able to make it. We were beginning to get excited thinking about it and I was hoping he could change the dates of his trip, but no go. You guys have fun and I think I'm glad what happens in Arkansas stays in Arkansas, cause we may be jealous hearing some of the stories that will be coming out of this trip!!

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well me and my friends went down to the river today by broadway. we were out tubing and and wakeboarding, wind pushed us into a cove but we were still 20-30 feet from shore and some old barges. went to take off and found a sunken barge with my prop. Destroyed the prop and spun the hub lol. Had a spare prop but no extra hub on me. so had to idle back to the ramp, took us an hour and a half to get there. Of course all day we were dodging other boats but when needing a tow didn't see one boat lol.

Well me and the family will be going back out to the river hanging out by the sand bar if any of the other little rockers wanna say hi. We'll be in a 17 ft blue and white glasstron with a big 4 person tube.

ninjamatt

Seaman Apprentice

Well me and my friends went down to the river today by broadway. we were out tubing and and wakeboarding, wind pushed us into a cove but we were still 20-30 feet from shore and some old barges. went to take off and found a sunken barge with my prop. Destroyed the prop and spun the hub lol. Had a spare prop but no extra hub on me. so had to idle back to the ramp, took us an hour and a half to get there. Of course all day we were dodging other boats but when needing a tow didn't see one boat lol.

Well me and the family will be going back out to the river hanging out by the sand bar if any of the other little rockers wanna say hi. We'll be in a 17 ft blue and white glasstron with a big 4 person tube.

was very many people on the sandbar by murray launch? I've been there a couple times. I went to lake hamilton today. pretty good time. skinny dip cove was the spot, we ventured down to the sandbar just south of 270 but wasn't really our crowd

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

didn't make it to the sand bar today, we stayed more east, between 440 and the airport. Didn't wanna mess with the sandbar, seeing how it was the 4th and im sure it would have been packed with idiots and drunks.

The Rooster

Ensign

Hey "ninjamatt", I was thinking maybe you could " hook me up " when I come up there to the lake. I might be convinced to trade in a low mileage, 40 something cougar for a pair of those 20 somethings you know of in bikinis. I would make you a really good deal :D. Hopefully, she won't read this and "Team Lorie" won't rat me out !!!

ninjamatt

Seaman Apprentice

Hey "ninjamatt", I was thinking maybe you could " hook me up " when I come up there to the lake. I might be convinced to trade in a low mileage, 40 something cougar for a pair of those 20 somethings you know of in bikinis. I would make you a really good deal :D. Hopefully, she won't read this and "Team Lorie" won't rat me out !!!

haha! I don't know if you are joking but we can get up together and cruise the lake. what do you look like? what kind of boat you got? I was born and raised in the night club scene and I do a lot of swimming pool hopping so going out to the lake at my age 32, It's extremely easy to rake in the hottest chicks out there there's just a simple method how I do it. I'm definitely still learning the lake scene though. for instance I convinced the guys to go a 10 mile one way trip to a spot that was no where near as good as the first we got lost several times and by the time we got back (it was close to launch) it was pretty dead.

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I may be able to get ya hooked up with some "fine" Arky women...........As long as having all their teeth is NOT a requirement...... :)

The Rooster

Ensign

I may be able to get ya hooked up with some "fine" Arky women...........As long as having all their teeth is NOT a requirement...... :)

Well, I appreciate the thought "scoyt", but I am kinda partial to teeth. Back to CL I guess. ;)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Well, I appreciate the thought "scoyt", but I am kinda partial to teeth. Back to CL I guess. ;)

Best be careful big guy. Purty sure Cougars have plenty of teeth, and sharp ones at that, even in Louisiana! I know one in Arkansas what does!:p

BigLee324

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok , The wife and I are in, we're staying in the same area as Rooster and his other half; Brady Mtn

tilen

Cadet

bring this event to cow creek on table rock lake MO and we are in which goes into Arkansas we enjoy a good flotilla in Missouri.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

bring this event to cow creek on table rock lake MO and we are in which goes into Arkansas we enjoy a good flotilla in Missouri.

Now we went up there last week, so it's your turn to come down here.:p

ninjamatt

Seaman Apprentice

yea now it's your turn to come down here . just tell me where your gonna launch from and I'll have mountain valley water in hand

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmmm...reading through this thread finally..sounds like a great time!! Incoop, let me know when your coming up to WV to pick me up! Lol! Don't think my tow rig would like that trip. Hope you all have a great time and great weather!

spyder9179

Seaman Apprentice

Hey Incoop, thanks for the heads up! Let me get with wifey and see what we can do. Sounds like a lot of fun--we like to camp and fish, this sounds like a good chance to do both.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Hmmmm...reading through this thread finally..sounds like a great time!! Incoop, let me know when your coming up to WV to pick me up! Lol! Don't think my tow rig would like that trip. Hope you all have a great time and great weather!

C'mon, it's not that far! Might be a mountain or two between here and there though.:p Sorry you can't join us.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Hey Incoop, thanks for the heads up! Let me get with wifey and see what we can do. Sounds like a lot of fun--we like to camp and fish, this sounds like a good chance to do both.

Cool! Hope you guys can make it. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you or the admiral.

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

C'mon, it's not that far! Might be a mountain or two between here and there though.:p Sorry you can't join us.

Yeah, i just checked, it's only 965 miles for me! lol By my estimates, IF my tow rig would make it, I would use approx. 70 gallons of fuel each way just for the truck.. haha I do love my 'old' dodge, but she's a thirsty bugger! lol So between that, and the bathroom stops every 50 miles for the wife and kids, We're leaving in the morning and MIGHT get there by the August date. lmao

bwachob

Cadet

I would love to make this get together. Is it kid friendly, have a 7good yo son that would come with me.