Arkansas Get Together

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Arkansas Get Together

Incoop, I ain't too sure yet. We are still trying to figure out when the kids are free to go on some type of vacation. We are leaning towards going back to Destin, just not sure when. Throw a date out there and let me see what I can come up with.

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well the electrical has been tested and the boat should be good to go once I do seasonal maintainence to the motor. Just posted a test fire video with me at the ready with the fire extinguisher. I should be good for any weekend after this next one incoop. Just start throwing some dates out and lets see if we can get something ironed out!

cjboudreaux502

Recruit

I am going to Lake Hamilton with my wife and kids on the 17th to the 21st of this month....what to fish and how? I would love to see my kids catch!!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I am going to Lake Hamilton with my wife and kids on the 17th to the 21st of this month....what to fish and how? I would love to see my kids catch!!

Whoa noose! Couple things. First, posting a question like this on page five of a not really related thread is a good way to get exactly no answers. Not fussing, just trying to help you get the info you're looking for (We'll get to that in a minute):). Second, where are you from? Given your username I'd assume the Sportsman's Paradise, but enlighten us. If you're close enough we'd love for you to join us at the get together once we quit playing around and figure out when it will happen. Third, I know nothing about Hamilton except that it's a party lake and is on the other side of the dam from Ouachita, but I understand it has decent crappie and bass (including striper) fishing, and I imagine the kiddos' best bet at hooking up is right off the dock of your condo (worms under a floater can't be beat for kid fishing). That's the best I can do for you, but these guys should be able to help you out. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/arkansas/ Good luck.:cool:

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I always have good luck with a Super Fluke for topwater, and usually get a few good fish with a chartruese(?) spinner bait. Kids involved? Stop at the local bait shop and get some minnows and worms, you can't fail there. You staying in a condo?

Piece715

Canned corn also works well for the kiddos... just my .02. But i agree with incoop... where ya from? and if not from here then welcome to the Natural State in 7 days.

Well back to the thread topic..... We making any progress incoop?!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Glad you guys were able to help boudreaux out. Boudreaux, I hope your family can make it back to the Natural State for our get together. Okay guys, this is gonna seem a little odd, but what about August 17-19? I know it's late in the summer, but that's to our advantage. Lake traffic will have thinned out a little and lodging will hopefully be easier to secure. The only potential problem I see is school schedules. Here they start back on the 20th, so this would be a great last hurrah. Let me know what you think.

The Rooster

Ensign

Unfortunately, got to work that weekend, but don't let that stop you guys !!!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

What !!! Did I kill the thread ???

Yep. Threadkiller!!!!!:mad::p Nah. I've found that if I reply right after others I'm more likely to hear from them again that day, so I'm waiting for some more replies. Unless you are the only one who can't make it then we'll pick another date. I just threw that one out there to get the ball rolling.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Or heck, for that matter, you've got the longest drive by many miles, so let's say that date is already out. Care to throw out another?

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm 45 minutes from greers ferry and 1:30 from ouachita. Just waitin' to see a solid date because were at the lake every weekend anyway !!

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am still trying to figure out when the kids are gonna be back from summer camps.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Well, everyone just keep a close eye on the thread and we'll get it together. The good news is most of the reprobates involved are within two hours of Ouachita, so hopefully an inordinate amount of advanced planning won't be required. My lodging will most likely be an island, and maybe I can get Scoyt to bring me some pie from Shangri La. I think I'll PM everyone who expressed interest so we can start dialing it in.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Well, everyone just keep a close eye on the thread and we'll get it together. The good news is most of the reprobates involved are within two hours of Ouachita, so hopefully an inordinate amount of advanced planning won't be required. My lodging will most likely be an island, and maybe I can get Scoyt to bring me some pie from Shangri La. I think I'll PM everyone who expressed interest so we can start dialing it in.
I'm watching it. Probably can't do anything, but I'll watch it in case a miracle on my end happens.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Okay peeps, how 'bout the last weekend in July (27-29) or August 10th to 12th. My guess is August would be easier with regard to lodging and logistics, but I'm good with either I think. Double checking the July weekend right now for conflicts.

Piece715

Okay peeps, how 'bout the last weekend in July (27-29) or August 10th to 12th. My guess is August would be easier with regard to lodging and logistics, but I'm good with either I think. Double checking the July weekend right now for conflicts.

I'm working the weekend of July 27-29 (1 of 2 weekends for the year... good goin incoop :facepalm: LOL just playing!)
but August 10th -12th is good! But its gonna be hard to plan to meet everyone's needs so just go with the masses. Ill be following!

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

"My lodging will most likely be an island, and maybe I can get Scoyt to bring me some pie from Shangri La."

And what gives you the impression this pie is going to make it ALL the way to an island?:p