Arkansas Get Together

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Arkansas Get Together

I see you've had the pie at Shangri La too. Better get a couple just to be sure. Would August be less likely to conflict with the kids' summer camps?

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hehe...they do have some good pie!! August......I don't know yet. I believe they are going to Houston on a mission trip, but I am not sure when that is. I think we are all going to Destin sometime in June, but that is still in the air as well. So.....me.....heck, just shoot a date out there that will be good for you.

The Rooster

Ensign

:D
Okay peeps, how 'bout the last weekend in July (27-29) or August 10th to 12th. My guess is August would be easier with regard to lodging and logistics, but I'm good with either I think. Double checking the July weekend right now for conflicts.

Either weekend works for us !!! :)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

That's so funny. I was pondering whether to bump and decided to wait until after the long weekend.

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am still watching this thread, Incoop. We could use some rain down my way!!

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Send it on brother! My yard is already turning brown!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Yeah, there's a serious H20 defficiency around here. Makes me sad cause I can't go to the Buffalo. But, I can go to Ouachita, which I did today. Just got home.:cool:

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I went to Hot Springs today. As we were crossing the 2 bridges, I was looking at all the boats going everywhere. I bet I saw 25 boats just from 1 bridge!! Still looked like fun though!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Yeah, there was definitely more than one boat at Spillway. Sure was nice though. I didn't want to come home.

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just got home from Hot Springs, I had a guy pulling a boat come VERY close to rear-ending me. I turned on the next available road to get behind him, and WOW, it was a AGFC truck and boat!!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I just got home from Hot Springs, I had a guy pulling a boat come VERY close to rear-ending me. I turned on the next available road to get behind him, and WOW, it was a AGFC truck and boat!!

D'oh! I'm just glad you didn't say it was a blue Expedition towing a Suntracker party barge.:eek:

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Lol. Nope, it wasn't you. That guy got CLOSE to my bumper though. I couldn't believe it when I saw the Game and Fish symbol on the truck. We did see alot of boats on the road and on the water, but I think we saw more motorcycles!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Yeah, the bikes are all over down there. Riding has exploded in popularity. We stopped at Fisherman's Wharf a week ago on our way home from Catherine and half the customers on the deck were in riding gear. Don't think any of them was under fifty. It was a trip. Good for them I say though.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Oh no. This is the first I've heard of it. Now several people will never be the same. So tragic. I know last Saturday when Gracie fell off the tube I waved my arms and pointed at her for any boat that got within a hundred yards LOL. They all waved, smiled and nodded their heads in acknowledgement. I just can't imagine losing someone like that.

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I couldn't imagine how they feel now. Just goes to show, it can happen. I am the same way when pulling a tube. I try to get away from people when I am pulling someone, just doesn't always work out that way.

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Very sad indeed. I am still trying to find out who it was.