Any Rush listeners in the house?

PW2

Commander
Re: Any Rush listeners in the house?

I'm curious. Do all you "Ditto Heads" out there ever get tired of playing victims?<br /><br />If it isn't the dreaded "media" that is out to victimize you all, it is some percieved "liberal" out there that needs to be constantly ridiculed. <br /><br />And one thing I have learned over the years--people that think they need to ridicule their opponents tend to believe themselves inferior to those opponents.<br /><br />Kind of sad, really.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by NoelMG:<br /> There is unrest in the forest. <br />There is trouble with the trees.<br /><br />For The Maples want more sunlight, and the oaks ignore their plees.
Sounds like the Maples need a union.

NOSLEEP

Commander

NICE! NoelMG<br /><br />The trouble with the Maples<br />(And they're quite convinced they're right)<br />They say the Oaks are just too lofty<br />And they grab up all the light.<br />But the Oaks can't help their feelings<br />If they like the way they're made<br />And they wonder why the Maples<br />Can't be happy in their shade.<br /><br />There is trouble in the forest.....

Realgun

Commander

I want to give a Forum abortion to DJ, Txswhinner, SoulWhinner, and David L Moore. :D <br /><br />A true Rush Fan will understand.<br /><br />Those 4 will never get it. :(

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Realgun:<br /> I want to give a Forum abortion to DJ, Txswhinner, SoulWhinner, and David L Moore. :D
LMAO --- Thats great!!! RealGun - good one!

txswinner

Banned

Rush LImbaugh, the worldest greatest American and foremost authority on everything. Let's see what positive thing has he done. How much has it done for Katrina victims. He has donated ???? to help even the middle class WASP, can't be true. Guys it is just show buz.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> Rush LImbaugh, the worldest greatest American and foremost authority on everything. Let's see what positive thing has he done. How much has it done for Katrina victims. He has donated ???? to help even the middle class WASP, can't be true. Guys it is just show buz.
You really dont know do you?....just ask JasonJ...hes always tuning in..lol :D ...<br /><br />INCOMING!..he,he

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was listening to the RL show shortly after the Oklahoma City bombing. He was taking listener calls, and someone called in and accused Rush of having a powerful enough effect among his listeners that his staunch and extreme 'right wing' opinions contributed to an environment that fostered enough division and hatred so as to have possibly contributed to the motivation of the (unknown at that time I believe) bombers.<br /><br />Rush sounded pretty shaken, and responded something along the line that even he didn't agree with some of the opinions he espoused over the radio, rather that it was 'entertainment', geared for a specific audience that wanted to hear that type of rhetoric. <br /><br />I'm paraphrasing; I tried to find a transcript of the actual question and answer, but didn't have any luck. Still, that was the gist of it, and in my mind that position has been strengthened by occasional Rush statments that violate logic yet deliver messages that his core constituancy want to hear (symbolic logic, a discipline within mathematics that studies formal systems in relation to the way they encode intuitive concepts of proof and computation as part of the foundations of mathematics. It is a purely objective discipline comprised of those parts of logic that can be modelled mathematically).<br /><br />Rush is obviously an extremely bright guy and I've long wondered what type of positive influence he might make towards US politics if he were to give up 'politainment' (I think I just invented a word) in favor of honest commentary and analysis. Of course, I'm sure the money Rush makes in his current role would be a big disincentive for him to change gears.<br /><br />Not an automatic attack against a conservative pundit. I'd put Al Franken in the same category on the left side. <br /><br />I'd classify Bill OReilly and Jon Stewert as much more objective. Although they are on diametrically opposite sides philosophically, I've at least seen both of them call their 'side' out on issues when it was clear they felt they were in the wrong, and can't recall examples where they clearly violated the principles of logic (again, symbolic logic) to make a point.<br /><br />Just my humble opinion.

oddjob

Commander

Rush sounded pretty shaken, and responded something along the line that even he didn't agree with some of the opinions he espoused over the radio, rather that it was 'entertainment', geared for a specific audience that wanted to hear that type of rhetoric. <br /><br />I'm paraphrasing; I tried to find a transcript of the actual question and answer, but didn't have any luck.
I dont recall that happening.....Rush saying that about himself and his show.....and I was a more frequent listener then. Pretty sure about the fact that Clinton did make a statement(s) like that about Rush Limbaugh or conservative talk radio (Rush was the only national game in town at time BTW). <br /><br />Anyway...Rush does insist that hes an entertainer...And I cant stop pointy headed people(elitists) from gravitating to that fact in an attempt to discredit what Rush has done for the consevative cause. <br /><br />Al Franken?<br /><br />Hey if that works for ya you should check out Jerry Springer also.

txswinner

Banned

Yeah and he was framed on the dope charge also.

txswinner

Banned

He was one of the hard hitters on his favorite target President Clinton on the whole Marijuana thing and it turns out he was an addict the whole time. Tell me again is it just show biz.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> Yeah and he was framed on the dope charge also.
What Charge dope! I mean what dope charge?<br /><br />Post it if it exists.....dare ya ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by oddjob:<br />What Charge dope! I mean what dope charge?
LOL @ OJ :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Obviously Rush had a problem, and may still have for all we know...<br /><br /> Why did he confess his addiction to his audience, and why would he admit himself into rehab (more than once, btw) if he was not addicted?....<br /><br />Rush obviously obtained his drugs by illegal means, be it "doctor shopping", or?.. If the state has the evidence, Rush should be formally charged and brought to trial.. If not, let it be.... <br /><br />Barry Krisher.... :rolleyes: .. what a waste of skin...

oddjob

Commander

I'm not denying his problem or how he approipriated the drugs. <br /><br />The issue there is that they didnt have enough to charge him for Doctor shopping so they( palm bch) Illegaly seized his medical records to find anything they could. Its all about privacy rights in which Palm Bch is saying does not exist for its citizens.<br /><br />I can think of alot of high profile folks who recieve a pass and sometimes a standing ovation when they become addicted to drugs not because of pain but due to self-indulgement.

Link

Rear Admiral

EE<br />Used to love the Rush Limbaugh TV show.<br />Don't exactly know why but I never really got into his radio program.<br />Besides, just listen Medvet, Hannity etc and you will hear what Rush said earlier in the day ;) <br />So I guess one could say I still listen to Rush :D :D :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> He was one of the hard hitters on his favorite target President Clinton on the whole Marijuana thing and it turns out he was an addict the whole time. Tell me again is it just show biz.
He hits Clinton hard any time he can (which is every time Clinton does something). And IMHO, go for it, Rush!<br />U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya 1999<br />Mogadishu 1999<br />USS Cole 1999<br />First world trade center bombing, 1993<br />Clinton has a lot of of blood on his hands, followed by total inaction.<br />Hit'em hard, Rush!!<br /><br />Rush is an addict. He is addicted to prescription pain killers. Turns out he has been for a long time. This seems to be all the left is interested in,as regards Rush Limbaugh. But that is to be expected, i guess, as it is all the mud with any truth they have to chuck at him. A little side-note: did you know the WPB DA's are attempting to rewrite the law ,and have the law enforced retroactively to make it ilegal to "doctor shop" (what they want to burn Rush with)?<br /><br />Cute tactic, but it wont werk. Rush has lots of cash, and the rule of law on his side. Let's just say, it will take all the state's atourney's recources to even make a showing not laughed-out of a courtroom.<br />I just thought you should know that for some reason. Oh well, i digress:<br /><br /> I will tell you he claims he is an entertainer. I claim he has had much to do with the ongoing unvieling of liberal tactics, which has contributed greatly to the demise of the liberal majority in America. He has exposed what he calls the "liberal playbook"..Not an actual document, but a well-oiled set of planned plays liberals attempt to deploy against conservatism. The light he has shed on this "playbook", has given conservatives the ability to often PREDICT a liberal politian's next "play". It is amazingly productive to learn this "playbook", and use it to counter the left's efforts.<br /><br />Also, he has given hope to those Americans fed-up to the gills with political correctness, social dependancy, and exposed the deciet of the left. Not to say there is no deceit on the right, but he is not s stupid man, either.<br /><br />He has exposed the liberal alphabet media as the biased tool of the left that it is, and has many times prooven (sometimes using their very own documentation), what it's goals are, and the trickery used in the process.<br /><br />All but the blindest of lemmings have been given the opertunity to get the other side of the story that the left wing media operatives have slyly choose to exclude from their reporting....And Rush often exposes WHY!<br /><br />Today, as the New York Times is announcing layoffs (500 employees so far) due to declining readership, Rush's program continues to gain market share -- And all that while being addicted tgo pain killers!!<br />Imagine that!<br /><br /> <br />I do not admire his, or anyone else's drug habit.<br />I find it humorous that so much is made of it, in these times where illicit drugs such as crack, heroin, and the latest killer, crystal meth ravage our own youth!<br /><br />What i DO admire his clarity, wit, honesty, professionalism, optimism in both himself, and his fellow man -- and werk ethic.<br />The talent he is temporailly-borrowing from God is quite nice too.<br /><br />As i've stated earlier, even tho i cannot listen live, i listen every day. I subscribe to "Rush24/7" so i can get the daily podcasts. I have access to the "stack of stuff".<br />Nobody here can claim Rush is something he is, or is not, without getting any needed corrections and fills from someone who actually knows the truth from the source, as soon as i see it ;) <br />God Bless america.<br /><br /><br />Any questions?

Realgun

Commander

I know a positive he did.<br /><br />Snapple.<br /><br />The best stuff on earth. <br /><br />Probabbly never would had 1 if Rush had not been a spokesman. :D <br /><br />Drugs? I don't do them but do I really care if Rush does? Not really.<br /><br />I do care if a cigar is not smoked however. :)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

originally posted by 12Footer:<br />Any Questions?
Finally, a Rush Limbaugh supporter who uses his own brain (no offense to all you other RLS's).<br /><br />Just one question, maybe you'll know the answer to this one: when Rush broadcasts things like "Liberals hate America," and you hear some of his loyal listeners repeating it as if they actually believe it, why they do that?<br /><br />Don't they recognize hyperbole and sarcasm when they hear it?<br /><br /><br />thanks,