Any Rush listeners in the house?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Any Rush listeners in the house?

They're not going to rebuild it the way it was with the same architecture and the same structure politically and everything else.
Rush believes the federal government can alter the political structure of south Louisiana? If so, I say "go for it!" But if it's just by buying their loyalty with $200 billion of government hand-outs, in the words of Roger Daltry, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I listen to him on occasion, for entertainment purposes. His show is generally humorous, although it is about as credible as The Daily Show on Comedy Central. As far as I am concerned he is living the American Dream as an entertainer and more power to him. He found a market for his unique slant and is making a mint. If people want to actually base their lives and beliefs on his words, well, that's their choice.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I love the standard answer the left has for Rush.<br /><br />a) It's hate speech.<br />b) He's stupid.<br />c) His listeners can't come up with their own ideas so the just parrot Rush.<br /><br />In other words, marginalize him and marginalize his listeners. Don't debate the content of his message.<br /><br />Can you say elitists?<br /><br />Well those solid americans over at air america are looking for handouts to keep their little ship afloat. No message, no listeners.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

It's not just the left that thinks Rush's broadcasts are full of stupid hate speech. Rush is on the margin by choice. <br /><br />Of course people who don't like him don't listen to him - duh! How'd they find out they don't like him? By listening to him. <br /><br />Is there any broadcaster you don't like? That make you an elitist?<br /><br />Want to debate his content? Try debating his content instead of marginalizing his detractors.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

jtexas,<br /><br />You really don't get it and thats ok. Want to debate. Post something. Lots of examples of the marginalization of his message right here. How many people have called him a hipocritical drug user, but never debate his thoughts or message. <br /><br />There are lots of fine "JOURNALISTS" (Al Franken, author of the masterpiece "RUSH LIMBAUGH IS A BIG FAT IDIOTIC LYING LIAR or something equally as enlightened) who put forth books trying to marginalize the man, but seem to forget that it's the message that rings a bell with his listeners. You will very rarely see him quoted, just personal attacks like, stupid, mean spirited, racist, bigot, self centered, hippocrit, drug user, fat, but never attacking the actual content of his message.<br /><br />I have been listening to him for 13 years and never once heard him belittle or cut off a caller intentionally. Ever. How is it that there are so many that claim he has?<br /><br />Please share with the group some of Rush's views you don't like. Here's some notable starting points.<br /><br /><br />Rush: The 35 Undeniable Truths<br />As read by Rush Limbaugh on his radio show, Friday, February 18, 1994:<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />(All equally truthful: number 1 is not more or less important than 35.) <br /><br /><br />There is a distinct singular American culture - rugged individualism and self-reliance - which made America great. <br />The vast majority of the rich in this country did not inherit their wealth; they earned it. They are the country's achievers, producers, and job creators. <br />No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity. <br />Evidence refutes liberalism. <br />There is no such thing as a New Democrat. <br />The Earth's eco-system is not fragile. <br />Character matters; leadership decends from character. <br />The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. <br />Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the twentieth century. <br />The 1980s was not a decade of greed but a decade of prosperity; it was the longest period of peacetime growth in American history. <br />Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy -every time it's tried. <br />Condoms only work during the school year. <br />Poverty is not the root ("rut") cause of crime. <br />There's a simple way to solve the crime problem: obey the law; punish those who do not. <br />If you commit a crime, you are guilty. <br />Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud. <br />The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and spiritual values, as well as the four "R's": reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, and Rush. <br />I am not arrogant. <br />My first 35 Undeniable Truths are still undeniably true. <br />There is a God. <br />There is something wrong when critics say the problem with America is too much religion. <br />Morality is not defined by individual choice. <br />The only way liberals win national elections is by pretending they're not liberals. <br />Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society. <br />Follow the money. When somebody says, "It's not the money," it's always the money. <br />Liberals attempt through judicial activism what they cannot win at the ballot box. <br />Using federal dollars as a measure, our cities have not been neglected, but poisoned with welfare dependency funds. <br />Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth. <br />Liberals measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives measure compassion by how many people no longer need it. <br />Compassion is no substitute for justice. <br />The culture war is between the winners and those who think they're losers who want to become winners. The losers think the only way they can become winners is by banding together all the losers and then empowering a leader of the losers to make things right for them. <br />The Los Angeles riots were not caused by the Rodney King verdict. The Los Angeles riots were caused by rioters. <br />You could afford your house without your government - if it weren't for your government. <br />Words mean things. <br />Too many Americans can't laugh at themselves anymore.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

FWIW,<br /><br />I would listen to Michael Medved over Rush anytime.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have said this before,<br />Medved is great,<br />Savage is unrealistic,<br />Hannity is very annoying,<br />Williams is a hoot, I I like him a lot,<br />I like Tony Snow,<br />On the Liberal side, I do like Alan Colmes, he is the only liberal on the air whom I respect.<br />BUT<br />RUSH IS RIGHT<br /><br />Spud

txswinner

Banned

Again it is just showbiz, they do this for money. Guess you believed Archie was a conservative and meathead was a liberal, come on folks, these people say whatever they need to say to stay on the air, no different than the phony TV preachers.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br /> (Walter E) Williams is a hoot, I I like him a lot
Definitely amongst the best Spud. The black community would do a lot better listening to him as opposed to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Liberal whites as well.

Skinnywater

Commander

Republicans hurt themselve by not aligning as a whole....thats the message I get.
Conservatives are perfectly capable of aligning as a whole. It's the departure of the Republican party that is the problem.<br />
Environmental idiot?....<br />How would you know? are you another expert?....please splain it to me specifically if you can..
No, I'm not an expert. And niether is Rush.<br />However, Rush has a clealy defined political agenda. I don't, so I'm more apt to base my opinions on fact and common-sense. <br />Specifically Rush's environmental opinion, although opposite, is as extreme as an Earth Firsters. Both extremes lack adequet common-sense or workable honesty.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by rottenray6402:<br /> David Moore, any relation to Michael Moore? I have listened to Rush for a number of years and have never heard him tell anyone to shut up or belittle anyone. There are times when some jackass wants to call him names instead of discussing the topic so he shuts them down. I think it is funny how rabid some of these responses are from the liberals who have no ideas or plan so are scared to death of someone like Rush who speaks his mind and makes sense. When I first started listening I thought he was a blowhard egomaniac but if you listen a while you discover that is his sense of humor. One thing is a fact: Like him or hate him it is his radio show that he brought from nothing to now making millions, I admire anyone that could do that.
I was waiting to that slur. No, to my knowledge I am not related to Michael Moore. I know nothing about him beyond he is a documantary film maker who is credited with Farhenheit 9/11, and was the main name organizer of the recent acclaimed Traverse City Film Festival. People on both sides of the political spectrum supported him on that one and volunteered.<br />As for having to listen to lush for a long time to get him, I worked for an avid listener for some 11 months and had to suffer through the windbag's towing the republican party line everyday. SO I had plenty of time to get him. I have plenty of experience on which to form my opinion. And it is just that, my opinion. I THINK therefore I do not listen to rush. I want the facts, not his blind support of the republican party. Just listen to him with an OPEN MIND. If you have a mind at all, you are superior to him, evidently. If you listen with an open mind, you will quickly realize one underlying reality. That is, if it is a "liberal" idea, even if it is the same in principle as a republicna idea, the liberal idea is WRONG! Strictly because it is a liberal idea, regardless of the fact that it is the same in principlee as the republican idea. And as for him not cutting people off or telling them they are wrong, you obviously don't want to hear it, you are too busy nodding your head to hear and think.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br />
Republicans hurt themselve by not aligning as a whole....thats the message I get.
Conservatives are perfectly capable of aligning as a whole. It's the departure of the Republican party that is the problem.<br />
Environmental idiot?....<br />How would you know? are you another expert?....please splain it to me specifically if you can..
No, I'm not an expert. And niether is Rush.<br />However, Rush has a clealy defined political agenda. I don't, so I'm more apt to base my opinions on fact and common-sense. <br />Specifically Rush's environmental opinion, although opposite, is as extreme as an Earth Firsters. Both extremes lack adequet common-sense or workable honesty.
AMEN!!!!<br /><br />As for the 35 undeniable truths, they read more like opinion than fact, and I agreed with many of them. But that does not make them fact, or truths either, merely opinions. Here is where he is arrogant. Putting his opinions off as facts. "I said and it is so." <br />When the republican party followers dig their heads out and clean their eyes free of the cr*p, they will see and rush will (hopefully) end, or at least be forced to realign himself with reality.

D

DJ

I like the listen foir "entertainment purposes".<br /><br />Yea right, you're more "dialed in" to politics today that he is? Give me a break.<br /><br />When we don't agree, we can just call him a name (entertainer) and go on.<br /><br />It seems we listen to entertainers too much in this country.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Yeah, I listen to him for "entertainment purposes", what do you think you can possibly do about it? He is no more dialed into anything than anyone else is. He has a predetermined idea of what he views, and anything that does not fit into his predetermined viewpoint is wrong. <br /><br />This just drives you nuts doesn't it? How can it be possible someone doesn't believe every word of Rush? Oh My God. You know what, he is on the radio everyday, providing a talk show for his dedicated listeners. He is paid a salary to provide this service. The majority of his listeners are entertained by his unique way of providing his service. Guess what, that makes him an entertainer. Get over it, he is not God, he is just another dude earning a living.<br /><br />The saddest thing of all, is that I wasn't even insulting him or calling him names, yet you still had to fire back with a rabid response like I just kicked your puppy. I was as respectful of Rush as is appropriate. I can't help it if you don't agree with me, but do you honestly think I needed that sort of response? How credible do you think that makes Rush, if you are the example of his core audience. Like a wise man once said, "Give ME a break"......

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />
Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br /> Those who critize him don't listen to him.<br /><br />Spud
Damn Straight!!!!<br />I don't listent to the pompous self-righteous blow-hard. Wehn I hear nim my blood boils. .
I am always amazed by those who hate Rush. They all have two things in common. They are extreme left-wing politically, and they "never listen to the ponpous self- righteous blow-hard".When they hear him, their blood boils and such. :D :D

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Q: What's the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?<br />A: One is a Nazi gasbag and the other is a dirigible.<br /><br />No, I'm neither left wing nor liberal, I just know a phony blowhard when I see one.

ndemge

Commander

There is unrest in the forest. <br />There is trouble with the trees.<br /><br />For The Maples want more sunlight, and the oaks ignore their plees.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> <br /><br />There are lots of fine "JOURNALISTS" (Al Franken, author of the masterpiece "RUSH LIMBAUGH IS A BIG FAT IDIOTIC LYING LIAR or something equally as enlightened) who put forth books...<br /><br />Please share with the group some of Rush's views you don't like. Here's some notable starting points.<br /><br /><br />Rush: The 35 Undeniable Truths<br />As read by Rush Limbaugh on his radio show, Friday, February 18, 1994:<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />(All equally truthful: number 1 is not more or less important than 35.) <br />
Like Rush Limbaugh, Al Franken is an entertainer. Franken is a comedy writer, a satirist, a comedian. The book title you mis-quoted, Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations was co-written with his former partner in comedy, Tom Davis. Surely you haven't forgotten his Saturday Night Live character Stuart Smalley?<br /><br />Or were you refering to Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right? Fox News unsuccessfully sued Franken over the use of their trademark phrase "Fair and Balanced"; in an interview, Franken said that Fox's case against him was "literally laughed out of court." I don't think he takes himself seriously.<br /><br />Al Franken is to liberal journalism as Dana Carvey is to conservative journalism. <br /><br />My guess is that Limbaugh's label for his "undeniable truths" is tongue-in-cheek (as any entertainer might); a more literally accurate label would be "indefensable truths." <br /><br />But since you insist on taking them seriously, I've included below the ones that are either false or opinion. I'm including the opinions regardless of whether I agree with them.<br /><br />A journalist who presents an opinion as fact has failed as a journalist, in my opinion.<br /><br />I'm excluding those which depend on words with ambiguous definitions, such as "wealthy" or "rich."<br /><br /><br />There is a distinct singular American culture - rugged individualism and self-reliance - which made America great. opinion<br />Evidence refutes liberalism. false show me this evidence.<br />The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. opinion<br />Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the twentieth century. opinion<br />Condoms only work during the school year. false - condom effectiveness is independent of time of year <br />Poverty is not the root ("rut") cause of crime. opinion<br />Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud. opinion<br />The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and spiritual values, as well as the four "R's": reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, and Rush. opinion<br />There is a God. opinion<br />There is something wrong when critics say the problem with America is too much religion. opinion<br />The only way liberals win national elections is by pretending they're not liberals. false - they also win elections by putting up better candidates<br />Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society. false - babes also want access<br />Using federal dollars as a measure, our cities have not been neglected, but poisoned with welfare dependency funds. opinion<br />Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth. opinion<br />Liberals measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives measure compassion by how many people no longer need it. false - cite your source<br />You could afford your house without your government - if it weren't for your government. false - I can afford my house with or without my government<br />Too many Americans can't laugh at themselves anymore. opinion