Any Rush listeners in the house?

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Any Rush listeners in the house?

Boomyal, I do not think that you got my meaning.I think that Limbough is an empty windbag.I myself am not liberal.Compassionate Libertarian would describe my political views better.Progressive yes. If you do not like progress you should go live in a cave dressed in a bearskin with a bone through your nose.I have quite a few very conservative friends. Every single one thinks that Limbough is an affront to their intelligence and besides they think that he is a talkshow host who is driven by ratings and his super ego.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br /> Those who critize him don't listen to him.<br /><br />Spud
Damn Straight!!!!<br />I don't listent to the pompous self-righteous blow-hard. Wehn I hear nim my blood boils. My biggest, and probably ONLY problem with this rectum is his attitude of "If you don't agree with me, YOU'RE [/b]WRONG![/b]" Accorfing to him, he is right, 100% of the time. This is physically impossible as a human being. Also, this is America, where we are entitled to our own beliefs and and opinions. But according to Rush, this shoudl be the Republican States of America, where the only right way to think is the republican way. I have listened to him, in great disgust, interrupt callers, call them idiots on the air, and experience "technical difficulty" when he hung-up on a caller who wouldn't let him walk all over them. Pathetic little man, truly pathetic. And you all complain about the "liberal media." Compared to rush, any media that presents a non-biased, just the facts story is liberal. And of course there are many examples of truly liberal media.<br />As for polling the people from the Astrodome, where else should they interview people from? Wisconsin? Utah? Texas? Grow up people, get real, of course the media should interview people from the devastated area. As for the positive attitude, right after baby bush's speech, they would be upbeat. Now, if only baby bush will own up to his obligation as president to protect and care for his citizens. I am not supposing he won't, but only time will tell.<br /><br />Rush is a rectum. Unless you agree with him, you are wrong! What a perfect republican puppet.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> Boomyal, I do not think that you got my meaning.I think that Limbough is an empty windbag.I myself am not liberal.Compassionate Libertarian would describe my political views better.Progressive yes. If you do not like progress you should go live in a cave dressed in a bearskin with a bone through your nose.I have quite a few very conservative friends. Every single one thinks that Limbough is an affront to their intelligence and besides they think that he is a talkshow host who is driven by ratings and his super ego.
My gain, your loss rolmops. Better political analysis you'd be hard pressed to find.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br /> Damn Straight!!!!<br />I don't listent to the pompous self-righteous blow-hard.
Hmmm? Should I be surprised? :p

PW2

Commander

The absolute best "liberal" talk show host is Bernie Ward of Radio KGO is San Francisco. And he is doing just fine. It is a powerful station, and I could pick it up most nites in SW Washington<br /><br />He openly encourages people with opposing viewpoints to call in, and other than a decorum of reasonable civility, he appears not to do a whole lot of screening.<br /><br />While I think a good share of the reason that liberal radio doesn't thrive is that they have tried to promote amateur radio people from other mediums, and it doesn't work. Garaffalo, and others simply don't know radio, and there is a skill to it.<br /><br />The other reason is that often liberal ideas require some thought.<br /><br />But listen sometime to Bernie. He is great (And he gets good ratings as well)<br /><br />So Rush liked Bush's speech??? I'm amazed.<br /><br />Most of the criticism that I've heard is coming from the right. Rita Cosby on MSNBC watched it with a bunch of law enforcement people and they, like me, were wildly skeptical.

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you like rush, you'll really get a hoot from Mark Levin (known to avid Rush fans as " F. Lee Levin").<br /><br />If you don't get his show on the radio, goto the WABC Radio website & get it on the 'net 6pm EST.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I like Rush's message, but I just dont like the delivery.<br /><br />Too much blow hard, self promoting, BS, but I guess that keeps the controversy, and thus the listeners.<br /><br />He also tows the republican line too much, as if they make no mistakes.<br /><br />And I am a guy who has always voted 100% republican.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

Oooooh, the Liberal hate is building.<br /><br />I thought y'all were such nice and caring souls. (oops, can't use "soul", that assumes a higher being and a potential afterlife.)<br /><br />Been a Rush listener since '88'. You have to listen, for a while, to understand his personality.<br /><br />Personaly, I like Hannity better, a Rush protege'.<br /><br />For you liberals, consider me a "moron" at your own peril.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm with DJ and 12 footer, been listening since 88. The morons are the ones that don't agree with him. If you would pull your heads out of the liberal playbook and actually listen to the message you would probably convert. I love his humor. I am constantly laughing out loud as he makes his points, as he says, he illistrates obsurdity with obsurdity. He does not claim to be 100% correct only 98.7% correct, so he is human after all. Best 3 hours on the radio. Rush fan and proud of it. m.

SoulWinner

Commander

I have to agree with David Moore on this. Take note, this is probably the only instance in which we will ever agree on anything, but I too think Rush is somewhat of a Republican puppet. I prefer Michael Savage, Mark Levin and Walter Williams. Shawn Hannity is too whinny and shrill, and he and Rush both spend too much time carrying water for the republicans.<br /><br />Another reason I like Savage is that he points out problems within our socio-political system, and then offers solutions that make sense.<br /><br />I also agree that part of the reason liberal radio, IE Air America failed is that they don't use merit when choosing hosts. Just as quota systems do not supply colleges and employers with the best, most qualified person for the job or enrollment, as based based on merit, their method for hiring hosts is equally flawed. I am not sorry about that.

oddjob

Commander

SW..He is critical of Bush and republicans often. But you have to be a ditto-head to hear him. Puppet?...I dont think so...he makes his own money. Most of the guys you listen to ^ host Rushes show when hes out. I would think Walter Williams would bug people more. I think hes very funny also...<br /><br /><br />Rush is the show prep for the rest of the media (conservative or liberal)IMO. Yeah....he told me that first!... :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I was a big Rush fan for a long time, but kind of lost interest after Moving Pictures

rottenray6402

Ensign

David Moore, any relation to Michael Moore? I have listened to Rush for a number of years and have never heard him tell anyone to shut up or belittle anyone. There are times when some jackass wants to call him names instead of discussing the topic so he shuts them down. I think it is funny how rabid some of these responses are from the liberals who have no ideas or plan so are scared to death of someone like Rush who speaks his mind and makes sense. When I first started listening I thought he was a blowhard egomaniac but if you listen a while you discover that is his sense of humor. One thing is a fact: Like him or hate him it is his radio show that he brought from nothing to now making millions, I admire anyone that could do that.

Ralph 123

Captain

Ah ha! I see the light now. Limbaugh does not engage the critical thinking skills that would elevate one, in the greater continuum, to the level of Progressive! <br /><br />For all you conservatives out there, that was a very Progressive way to say that you and your mores are dumb. <br />
LOL! Way to go Boom!

txswinner

Banned

Oh my gosh, some people really believe what he thinks? The only radio host worse is the Michael Savage guy. What a ranter. But as is said "That's showbiz" and really folks that is all it is.

Skinnywater

Commander

Theres folks here who hold conservative beliefs but hate him
I don't hate him. But I think he does more good for the Republican cause than he does the Conservative cause. He's done a fine job of convincing people into thinking the Republican party is a Conservative party. In the process it has hurt the true Conservative position.<br />For that he's done the whole country a dis-service.<br /><br />His support of "the lessor of two evils" makes him a hypocrite. And his opinion on the Earths environment rivals the mentality of a complete idiot.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br />
Theres folks here who hold conservative beliefs but hate him
I don't hate him. But I think he does more good for the Republican cause than he does the Conservative cause. He's done a fine job of convincing people into thinking the Republican party is a Conservative party. In the process it has hurt the true Conservative position.<br />For that he's done the whole country a dis-service.<br /><br />His support of "the lessor of two evils" makes him a hypocrite. And his opinion on the Earths environment rivals the mentality of a complete idiot.
Republicans hurt themselve by not aligning as a whole....thats the message I get. <br /><br />Environmental idiot?....<br /><br />How would you know? are you another expert?....please splain it to me specifically if you can..

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> <br />So Rush liked Bush's speech??? I'm amazed.<br /><br />Most of the criticism that I've heard is coming from the right. Rita Cosby on MSNBC watched it with a bunch of law enforcement people and they, like me, were wildly skeptical.
He has a transcript of his take....I'll go get a piece of it...<br /><br />RUSH: I want to warn you, some of you people out there are loaded for bear. I've been reading the e-mail today, and I just want to warn you, I'm in a fabulous mood today. I'm in a good mood, so don't expect me to be fit to be tied and angry and all that sort of stuff. I understand a lot of you are. A lot of you think, "Well, whatever, what's the difference now between conservatives and liberals, Rush? I mean big spending, big spending, what the hell, it's over with." I mean, I've just got reams of e-mail here. I don't know how many of you in the listening audience have the same view that this speech last night was a disaster when it comes to the future, and of conservatism or government spending, the size of government and so forth. But I do have a plan to deal with this. <br /><br /> Remember, the president made a proposal last night. It's going to go through the legislative process. But one of the things that, again, I want to emphasize, is don't get caught up in the moment. There are far deeper currents that are taking place here, and you know, you talk about the Roberts hearings and the reshaping of the judiciary that is taking place, I can't tell you how crucial that is, as you well know. And the Democrats, folks, are just wandering aimlessly in the desert. They don't have a Moses. They are in deep trouble. What the president did last night, I think a lot of you have a view that this was, "Okay, the president said to hell with conservatism and it's over with." He didn't do that. If you just look at the total amount of money being spent and you listen to the ways you hear it being spent, you might think, "Oh, God, we're just chucking it," but we're not. I think a subtitle of what the president's speech last night was could be this: Okay, libs, we've tried it your way for 60 years and now we're going to try it our way. He was talking about enterprise zones, school vouchers, turning renters into owners, rebuilding this place without rebuilding slums. They're not going to rebuild it the way it was with the same architecture and the same structure politically and everything else. It is a pretty decent opportunity here.