A WalMart gripe...grrrrrrrrr

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A WalMart gripe...grrrrrrrrr

There ya go Ken, their thinking spot on. IMO.

D

DJ

Can you ring that cowbell in front of Target? :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> I won't darken Targets door because of:<br /><br />1. They banned the Salvation Army for political correctness reasons. The SA has been ringing bells in front of stores as long as I can remember.<br />
Ditto..... Scumbags.... At least Walmart allows them, and also contributes to them.<br /><br />Did i mention Angelina Jolie!!! :D :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I have friends who own small businesses in my little 6800 person town who snivel about Wal-mart all the time. They rag on me about shopping there, but I also shop at their stores, it all depends on what I need. <br /><br />The thing they never understand is that this area is economically depressed. You have the rich summer/ski folks, and the rest of us. Wal-mart provides employment to a considerable amount of people here. Coldwater Creek, the rich peoples clothes store, used to employ a vast amount of people and moved the bulk of their operations to West Virginia to Save Money. How is that for local business taking care of the local people. When they did that, we no longer had a reason to support local business. They are just out for their buck just like Wal-Mart. In fact, and I hate to say this, I get the worst service at the local stores. They don't even want to talk to a customer unless they are there to drop 4 figures on some crap that isn't worth it. <br /><br />We will be having a Home Depot opening in January, and they are starting all their emloyees at 10-12 dollars an hour, which has forced our Wal-Mart to raise their wages to keep their employees. All of this is helping our community much more than the mom-and-pop store that only employes two people. I don't know about other areas, but the big companies that are moving into our town is increasing our economy, getting people off of welfare, and allowing for a higher standard of living overall.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Might as well throw in my gripe regarding the Pik-N-Save food chain. They recently mandated an ID check for ANYONE purchasing alcohol or tobacco in my SE Wisconsin region. Anyone, regardless if a suspected underage or white haired geriatric.<br /><br />Their official statement of policy is that this action is done to ensure that zero under-agers purchase booze or butts. Also, this removes the responsibility of the cashier having to judge who to and not to card.<br /><br />OK, I don't care about buying booze, I don't anymore. But the butts, why inconvenience an obviously over the age person due to policy.<br /><br />Simple I was told by a store clerk. The real reason for the policy is that on occasion a store will be stung by undercover cops trying to make an illegal buy. <br /><br />Also, And get this, the chains management is fearful of a minority playing the race card. Yep, they are scared of a minority claiming he/she was discriminated against because he/she was carded and not the white guy in front of him/her. <br /><br />So, because P&S is willing to inconvenience ME for the sake of their PC and legal fears, I choose to purchase butts and foodstuff elsewhere, like a Wally World super store!<br /><br />Thank You for your time and consideration.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Yea FB, but that is what they will tell you if you ask.(read:company policy)
Yeah, I was just being sarcastic!! :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This just in from another place I visit.<br />"Today I witnessed one of the most shocking things of my lifetime. <br /> <br />As I do every year around this time, I clean my closets and take several bags of barely used clothes down to the Salvation Army. For those of you unfamiliar, the Salvation Army has small stores on their property where they sell articles of clothing and other items to needy people that others have donated. <br /> <br />Well, today I load up the back of my pickup almost to the point of overflowing and set off for the Salvation Army to make my annual donation of goods. I arrive in the parking lot and pop open the back of the pickup and start gathering bags. I happen to notice three women walking across the parking lot heading toward the door of the Salvation Army building. I casually mention to the women, "Hi Ladies ... I'm taking this stuff inside ... If you want to go through this and take anything you may want, feel free..." They were very grateful for the offer and rummaged through my bags for about 5 minutes, each taking perhaps 10 garments. <br /> <br />I gather up the remaining bags of clothes and head inside. I am greeted by the woman at the counter who immediately asked me, "Was that you who was giving clothes to those three black ladies in the parking lot?" I answered in the affirmative at which point she immediately told me that she would not accept any of my items as it is 'against Salvation Army policy' to take items from someone WHO GAVE items to Salvation Army customers in the parking lot. <br /> <br />I JUST ABOUT CRAPPED! <br /> <br />Needless to say, I went ballistic right there in the shop. I ordered her to call the Captain (guy that runs the show at each local Salvation Army location) and get him out to meet me ASAP. <br /> <br />The Captain was an arrogant SOB who reaffirmed what the clerk in the store had already told me. I informed him that I felt it was outrageous that I could not give my own items to needy individuals. All the Salvation Army would do with the items is hang them in the store and SELL THEM to needy individuals when they came in. I told the Captain that I would be calling every last media outlet I can get my hands on in the morning to see who would be interested in carrying the story ... considering Christmas is right around the corner, I bet the newspapers will be all over this. <br /> <br />I gathered up my belongings and left, vowing to NEVER donate another single dime to the Salvation Army. Tomorrow I'm making my calls to all the newspapers in the area. <br /> <br />Tonight I read in the paper that Target Stores has said that Salvation Army bell ringers are no longer allowed to solicit at the front door of any of their stores. <br /> <br />Time to find another place to donate my no longer used clothes and money. <br /> <br />Shame on the Salvation Army for having such a policy that further disadvantages poor people with no money."<br /><br />_____________________________________________<br />And this from the same person.<br />"Here's the latest Salvation Army shocker... <br /> <br />They had just over THREE BILLION in income last fiscal year. <br /> <br />THEY SPENT OVER TWO AND A HALF BILLION of that money just to run the organization for that same period of time. <br /> <br />They operate as a FOR PROFIT tax exempt corporation and currently own approximately THREE BILLION dollars worth of property. <br /> <br />It is quite interesting to note that their 2003 financial report shows their revenues and expenses, but not one line is devoted to how much of their enormous cashpile went to help people. <br /> <br />Personally, I applaud Target Stores for thowing the bell ringers off their property. <br /> <br />Salvation Army will never see another dime from me."

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Flatbottoms,<br /><br />Congrats on your objective self reflection and decision to apologize to that manager. This is a powerful trait, but too rare in many people. <br /><br />Very often people tend to blame retail personnel for store policies they have no control over. Then they have to deal with the truely dishonest people trying to rip the store off through a variety of measures (I've heard of people trying to return obviously used items that are years old, people who take electronics out of the box, put in something heavy to make it seem intact, and then return for a refund, etc.)<br /><br />Combine that with customers short tempers and the frazzled nerves that come with tryihg to get everything done for the holidays and it's gotta be a rough time of year for retail employees.<br /><br />I bet your apology makes that womans day! (If she's not too scared of you to give you the opportunity to apologize in private, lol).

bassman283m

Seaman Apprentice

Just for a little perspective, a lot of the things being said here about Walmart re: destroying local businesses was being said about 50 years ago about Osco Drug when they opened a store in my hometown. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LakeLivin:<br /> Flatbottoms,<br /><br />Congrats on your objective self reflection and decision to apologize to that manager. This is a powerful trait, but too rare in many people. <br /><br />Very often people tend to blame retail personnel for store policies they have no control over. Then they have to deal with the truely dishonest people trying to rip the store off through a variety of measures (I've heard of people trying to return obviously used items that are years old, people who take electronics out of the box, put in something heavy to make it seem intact, and then return for a refund, etc.)<br /><br />Combine that with customers short tempers and the frazzled nerves that come with tryihg to get everything done for the holidays and it's gotta be a rough time of year for retail employees.<br /><br />I bet your apology makes that womans day! (If she's not too scared of you to give you the opportunity to apologize in private, lol).
Thanks Lake, for the uplifting post...this has now been taken care of...I told her that I felt I had jumped on her before hearing her side of the situation , and that I felt I had made a terrible mistake for being provocative and protesting beofre other coustomers, that I wanted to apologize. She accepted very nicely, made her won apology, and I can guarantee that when in that store again, I will probably never have another problem concerning price matches ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

Just to let you know, I am the type of person who will, even if after getting home and discovering it, find that I was given too much change in a store, will turn around and go back and return the overage...I honestly have had clerks and/or managers nearly fall off their perch when I do it...man I love it, it makes my day to do what is totally opposite of what society thinks is right...after all, it wasn't my money, and why shoudl I steal it?

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Why would you involve yourself in something so nefarious and platonic as corporate *****dom for the ages? Why not read a good comic book? Monday will be the new eclipse for Murdock.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

What gil said.
emthup.gif
<br /><br />
sucks.gif