A WalMart gripe...grrrrrrrrr

D

DJ

Re: A WalMart gripe...grrrrrrrrr

NYMINUTE,<br /><br />Obviously WalMart DID train that person. They were following policy. Maybe they were too new to let certain things slide by in the name of customer satisfaction. That knowledge comes with experience. A years experience takes a year to get. Something Americans no longer understand.<br /><br />It's never a good idea to stretch the rules when you are a newbie.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I don't split hairs over a couple bucks.. If an item is cheaper somewhere else within a reasonable distance, then that's where I go.. <br /><br />Figure my time standing in line at the customer dis-service desk and questioning "store policy" with an "associate" over a $1.98 is'nt worth it..<br /><br />My reasons for only going to wal-mart as a last resort.. The stores are usually very crowded here.. The patrons are rude.. The store employees are about worthless and they're nowhere to be found when i need something out of the tool cabinet or the DVD cabinet..(they keep everything under lock and key.. Considering the local dirt bag clientele, I can see why)

spratt

Lieutenant

Well, guys, after taking all your posts into consideration, I think that I was partly wrong for the whols situation, and when I go back in I will look that night manager up and apologize to h er, but in private. Why privately? Because I have another gripe with WalMart policy also...they have this loud dinging and voice which proclaims to everyone in the store when someone walks out with something the cashier "forgot" to demagnetize, asking the person to please come back and let their merchandise be checked. If they are going to embarrass someone for teh cashier's error, then they should also then ANNOUNCE to the store that the person did not steal but their cashier simply forgot to demagnetise their purchase. (Now, let's see what everyone has to say about THAT!!).<br /><br />However, I feel that a MANAGER who has been with a store for EIGHT years, and who has TRANSFERRED into this area should at least KNOW WHICH STORES ARE IN THE REGION WITHIN 20 MILES, IF THAT IS GONNA BE THEIR POLICY...back to some training issues there...think they would transfer someone to a foreign store without first training them in the language? Learning what competitors are within 20 miles should be pretty simple!!!<br /><br />There should never have been any discussion...she should have responded to the cashiers request for help, then calmly took care of the purchase...if their concern was that they were gonna lose $6 by worrying about how far the competitor was located then they have more major concerns than my little rant...<br /><br />A local lumber store (a small local store I like to use instead of the BIG Home Depot or Lowes...they will match teh big guys without a question, no radius involved, and Albertsons will take ANY other competitors couplons, and KMart/Sears will match without any argument!! Wallyworld just wants to not lose .50 cents if they can get by without...<br /><br />YES I RANT ABOUT WALMART, BUT AS KEN SAID I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO SHOP WHERE I WANT, IT IS MY MONEY, THEY SERVE THE CUSTOMER AND SHOULD BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO MAKE THINGS BETTER SO AS NOT TO LOSE THE ONES WHO PAY THEIR SALARY...there...now I am going to lunch...you guys and gals have a wonderful day whereever you may be!!! Be back in a couple hours...

D

DJ

Spratt,<br /><br />Staying mad is never a good policy. I have to hand it to you for your willingness to concede that there may have been two sides to the issue and that you may have been PART (not all) of the issue. Good Show.<br /><br />They say that one of the top five things that people find hardest to do is apologize. They fear it more than death. :confused: <br /><br />I have apologized for some things that were not my fault, to irrational people, and have found that it never hurt. Most times I was the benefactor, in the long run.<br /><br />Merry Christmas-Spratt. Ain't Christmas shopping fun. :rolleyes: See my Rude Rant. ;)

KaGee

Admiral

I was at WALMART last night... last I checked there wasn't anyone holding a gun to my head, and making me spend my hard earned cash there. I'm gonna get flamed for this one for sure... but... I don't care.... American consumers ARE CHEAP! They wanna buy cheap. The only thing better than cheap is cheaper!<br /><br />Mr. Spratt, I love ya to death, but this thread is a prime example.<br /><br />Like 'em or not, WALMART is simply the result of greed... not by them.... by the public that shops there.

D

DJ

KaGee,<br /><br />I agree.<br /><br />Why does one think that we can buy very few truly American mass produceed goods any longer? <br /><br />Everyone wants it cheap, be damned if it puts their next door neighbor out of work. We want high wages, yet we won't pay for goods to be manufactured here. You can't have both-for long.<br /><br />It's the WIIFM syndrome. (What's In It For Me)

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> It's the WIIFM syndrome. (What's In It For Me)
Yep. You hit the nail on the head. <br /><br />I live in a county that's a blue dot on the red map. It is populated with a heavily unionized workforce, most of them UAW. And I can tell you from my own personal, professional experience, that they are the worst offenders.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Spratt, I do know what you mean. The manager did not handle it correctly, she should have looked at the ad, and checked it out in private before she said anything to you.<br /><br />*****************************************<br />DJ, that is what makes America stong. The WIIFM is what we are based on. The other side is communism.<br /><br />Isnt it amazing that despite all these jobs lost to other parts of the world that the whole economy has not collapsed?<br /><br />People seem to forget that the money didnt disappear, it just changed which hands it went to.<br /><br />For Example, because I shop there, I am able to afford a higher priced car. That higher priced car means more profit for the makers, which means more money in the car workers pocket.<br /><br />I took it out of the "made in USA cabinet makers" hands and some went to the "made in China cabinet makers hands, importers, shipping companys" hands and a little bit in the "auto workers" hands.<br /><br />Ken

ob

Admiral

Wal-Mart sells 'cheap' goods cheaper.When I need a quality product I don't shop at Wal-Mart.That's the scary part of it.Many people don't know the difference.So Wal-Mart cashes in on it.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

"Like 'em or not, WALMART is simply the result of greed... not by them.... by the public that shops there"<br />------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Well i for one will not aid and abet in the decline of America, sorry fellas but that's how i see it.

Cadet

its good to see they have SOME of you brainwashed. W's marketing technique is to give well known names at low prices. this way those "penny pinchers" who do do not do their homework get screwed on many other products that you purchase that are not well known. as a matter of fact a study was just completed that showed walmart was higher on electronics than best buy and at least 2 other competitors. me, i buy my products from local stores who do not announce to return because their buzzer went off, dont reduce the payroll of the laborforce, dont con me into buying products because i think the entire store is cheaper, and dont have a goal to run everyone out of business so they can crank up the prices (profits). if i pay a few bucks more for this-fine its well worth it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If anyone has ever seen that thing that the Discovery Chanel done on Wal-Mart, you would have a better sense of what they are about, now.<br />Not when John Walton started it, but now.<br /><br />They have this meetings and it's almost like a cult or something.<br /><br />Everyone standing up and singing and stuff, really weird. IMO

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

SPRAT policies need to change to adcress the times , too many thieves will try to get over in any way they can, an example is nymins idea of using wal mart as a rental,disposal center for unwanted merchandise. <br /><br /> nyminute, You bought in Best Buy and returned to Wal Mart, YOU ARE A THIEF.

D

DJ

Ken,<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I shop there too. Not for everything though.<br /><br />The WIIFM can be taken too far. It is frequrently accompanied by the NIMBY (Not In My Backyard). When we don't give a damn about our neighbors and just stay inside and play video games all day, we lose touch.<br /><br />This country cannot afford to transfer every bit of its industrial base to third world and emerging countries. When there are no hard assets to back up a stock or bond, the result is another another dot com bubble scenario.<br /><br />But, I digress, many Americans don't get it nor do they care to.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

karma I agree with you, Walmart isnt always the cheapest.<br /><br />99% of my purchases there are groceries and household products. I have not ever seen anyone cheaper than them on these items.<br /><br />For other stuff, I prefer Target. Nicer store and less idiots.<br /><br />I personally hate going to Walmart. But I have seen some really funny scenes there.<br /><br />I am only defending WalMart cause so many attack them when all WalMart does is provide the lowest prices. If they dont treat the employees correctly, there will be consequences. If they dont treat their suppliers correctly there will be consequences. If they did all the naughty things that every stupid news story says they did, trust me, there would be consequences.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

DJ I agree, but people need to realize that just because something is made in china does not mean that all the money goes to china.<br /><br />Has anyone considered that the money that goes to china, just might be used to buy goods and services that are made in the USA.<br /><br />I am afraid we are in a global economy now, and good or bad, there is no turning back.<br /><br />Ken

spratt

Lieutenant

I go to garage sales a LOT looking for the best deals I can buy for things that just don't matter to me if it is used or not!!! I ****er there, and people enjoy ****ering...I have even ****ered MANY times in stores, and they will do it, believe it or not!!! I have bought items way less thatn the requested price in many stores...<br /><br />Greed is not exactly what I call it. I believe that EVERYTHING has an asking price, and a selling price...it is what America has been about for more than a year or two. Ever buy a NEW car and just walk in and pay the sticker price? How about a USED car??? How about your boat? Yet people think that because it is a shopping store, they just have to walk in, plunk down their cash or credit, and pay whatever the price is the store wants...not so!!!!! I believe it is good economics to haggle, ****er, and try to save every penny I can, so shopping where the price is lowest is my kind of shopping. Yet, just as was mentioned, if I want a quality Craftsman or Proto or Mac tool, I have to go to the source and pay tehir price...not too many times can ya ****er, but even Sears will match or beat prices on like / same items at competitors...though not many competitors have Craftsman tools!!!<br /><br />OK, there are many valid points here, and everyone has an opinion...and KaGee, I don't think it is actually that people want "cheap" they want to pay less!!!!! Here in Kitsap County, the School Districts beg the public every couple years for some school levies, and people just plain ol' HATE to haft put out more money all the time for another tax!!!!! The Districts have a devil of a time getting the levies approved. I was IT Director at the local District for two years, and finally quit after lkevy failures and having to lay folks off, cut budgets, do all that stuff.....but even I hated to have to pay the taxes!!!!!<br /><br />WalMart sells GOOD goods cheaper, OB...you can still buy hte same name brand electronics that most other stores sell, the same hygiene items, the same baby goods, the same clothes brands, and on and on...but you cannot buy Marshall electronics there, nor can you get designer clothing, nor designer cookware...yet, for most Americans, Wearever will work, and RevereWare will work...also Wrangler and ****ies jeans are just fine. Johnson and Johnson baby lotions are great, Huggies diapers work wonderful...the thing is, they cost LESS at WalMart, and with gas and grocery prices going up continually one MUST cut corners SOMEWHERE...<br /><br />So, as evil as WalMArt is, I still will shop there. However, I do INternet pricing on most everything I buy, because Schucks Auto Parts beats everyone elses prices by 10%...NAPA beats prices so why not let them court me for my business...banks do it every day with mortgage rates, etc...I want the most BANG out of every $$ I spend. I price one place and then call other places to get the best price, then go buy it. Staples Office Supply beats even WalMart's prices, by 110% of the difference!!! YOu bet I will price WalMart and then have Staples beat them!!!<br /><br />Call me waht you want, but if you want to go purchase things at TOP prices just to see if you can save someone's job, then more power to ya!!! Believe me, it isn't the shopper who decides who stays in business, it is usually the Unions who price the wages out of sight that causes the companies to have to finally put people out of work. I can argue that because I worked 3.5 years for the Boeing Aircraft <br />company, and went through two strikes, for more benefits, then had to work a long time to make up what was lost DURING the strike...<br /><br />Didn't mean to get off on a tangent, but anyway, I will be going back to Wallyworld to make it right with the manager, and I will probably spend money while I am there...they have this nice digital camera on sale...and if Staples will beat their price, I will buy it there!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

spratt

Lieutenant

How funny!!! They don't asterisk out the word d@mn, yet the block out the nickmname for Richard!!!!!

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

NYMIN does 4 cars newer than 2k,2 kid is private college, 4ksqft custom ranch on 8 acre's in a premier NJ town, that has no crime,average sat score of 1100 in the seventh grade sound like a<br />Beast. <br />qoute Consider the beasts they hire to check you out. This keeps them off the streets, and from scarring little children and small animals. Incidently they are real helpful in consuming expired Twinkees, and Ho Ho's, thus reducing the abundant supply of nutricion for the rodents at the dump. Thirdly these HOG's drive Plymouth Volaries, Pintos, and Vega's that are well below the necessary safety standards in most Metro areas. These POS cars are now parked in their spacious lots for 8 hours a day instead of being driven on our highways and residential streets.<br />All in all Walmart serves the community. <br /> My lawn mower cost more than your boat. and is almost as big.<br /> Glad my wife got out of the house to work at wal mart.

spratt

Lieutenant

Touche'...WalMart did all that for you, wajajaja???