A WalMart gripe...grrrrrrrrr

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer
Re: A WalMart gripe...grrrrrrrrr

hey spratt, chk the dig camera at circuit city, i took the 4 i bought at wally world back , and i get a discount

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

Not exactly , but it does cover the college nicely.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

hey...the little yellow smiley face wearing a cowboy hat doing the price slashing reminds me of a friend of mine....Crack up everytime I see it :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Yeah, I will definitely be checking, I was basically using that as an example...thanks though for the thought!!! I don't blame you for the wife working at WalMart at all, and I really think NY was just being himself joker with the post, but it did touch a nerve...that rogue!!! He best scraighten out!!! Out here in Wa., they just send the cashiers to slow school, and then only hire the ones who are not beautiful and sexy...but I guess that keeps one's mind on the shopping experience and not the clerks!!!!! Probably different in NJ...and I am just teasin too, they are not ALL ugly...some are cute and you can tell they is jest trying to make money till someone comes along and marries them...maybe...

spratt

Lieutenant

OH, yeah, BTW...JB said that if I were to cahnge my name, I might fit my shoes better...I always thought the foot size made the difference, but well, I try!!<br /><br />spratt now = flatbottoms

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Posted by SBN:"If anyone has ever seen that thing that the Discovery Chanel done on Wal-Mart, you would have a better sense of what they are about, now.<br />Not when John Walton started it, but now.<br /><br />They have this meetings and it's almost like a cult or something.<br /><br />Everyone standing up and singing and stuff, really weird. IMO"<br />----------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br /><br />I saw that documentary,and it was indeed shameful and a downright disgrace,to think that an American company would act in such an unamerican way and be allowed to get away with it<br /><br /> :mad:

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

correction and apology to NYMIN, I MIS CREDITED THE STATEMENT BOUGHT AT BEST BUY AND RETURNED TO WALMART TO YOU, <br /><br />IT IS MRBSCOTT19 WHO IS A THIEF!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

wajajaja - one thing I have learned about wallyworld is that the service varies greatly by the location. Here in baytown, the service is the worst ever. Greeters dont even acknoledge you, much less even pull a basket out for you.<br /><br />Other more rural Walmarts have much better service and people.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea even in their overseas stores, they sing and dance just like over here.<br />Next time you get a chance, go in the back or close as you can and listen around lunch time. They will sing and stuff, really weird to me.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> Posted by SBN:"If anyone has ever seen that thing that the Discovery Chanel done on Wal-Mart, you would have a better sense of what they are about, now.<br />Not when John Walton started it, but now.<br /><br />They have this meetings and it's almost like a cult or something.<br /><br />Everyone standing up and singing and stuff, really weird. IMO"<br />----------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br /><br />I saw that documentary,and it was indeed shameful and a downright disgrace,to think that an American company would act in such an unamerican way and be allowed to get away with it<br /><br /> :mad:
The thing is, WalMart is run like a Religion, which I suppose it is. It is like being in AmWay, I suppose. People need something to put their faith in, and it is easy to put it into those organizations, for they have saved a lot of folks, just not from sin. Gee, I NEVER meant to put a religious undertone in this thread!!!!!<br /><br />But I have witnessed teh pre-shift meetings, and yes they do sing, testify, exercise, and generally try to get their people into a certain mindset...and it works, at least for teh first 20 seconds after they leave the meeting :D :D :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> wajajaja - one thing I have learned about wallyworld is that the service varies greatly by the location. Here in baytown, the service is the worst ever. Greeters dont even acknoledge you, much less even pull a basket out for you.<br /><br />Other more rural Walmarts have much better service and people.<br /><br />Ken
Aha, KEN, there you have it!!!! Good ol' rural country folk are more in tune with their neighbors than the city folk!!!!! Port Orchard is like that, with only about 10000 people here, but when I moved here in 1985, there were less than 5000 people...them blasted city folk keep moving in here and making us take up their citified ways...it is enuff to make your pumpkin blow!!! To make your hay stack!!!!!

D

DJ

They have this meetings and it's almost like a cult or something.<br /><br />Everyone standing up and singing and stuff, really weird. IMO"<br />
Hmmmm! That's sounds strangely like what the Japanese do in their plants.<br /><br />We all know that only American companies are evil. Foreign ones are good and wonderful. Well, at least that's what we've had shoved down our throat for the last 20 years.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

It's nothing to do with religion nor God, it's all about walmart screwing the american workers out of their manufacturing jobs.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

PORT ORCHARD SOUNDS MUCH LIKE Lafayette, since '85 we've doubled the housing units, we had two hardware stores,a one supermarket, now we have a walmart, h depot,sears hardware, mom and pop hardware are gone. and we even have a rush hour in the center of town,

spratt

Lieutenant

Sorry, Elmer, didn't hear any screwin' songs...but I know what you mean!!! Actually, I think it is all about Sam's sons taking over the world, at least the retail world, and making more money than Bill Gates!!!!! See, I don't think Bill shops there...

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

PORT ORCHARD SOUNDS MUCH LIKE Lafayette, since '85 we've doubled the housing units, we had two hardware stores,a one supermarket, now we have a walmart, h depot,sears hardware, mom and pop hardware are gone. and we even have a rush hour in the center of town,

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

I just wish i had a choice about buying american. Even if you try you might be disapointted by the small print , made here,assembled there, or the lable is apple pie,but the parent co, components, "apples are forign.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> It's nothing to do with religion nor God, it's all about walmart screwing the american workers out of their manufacturing jobs.
You're not suggesting that this new 'world order' needs some fine tuning are you? ;) Must be an over 50's thing.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by wajajaja:<br /> PORT ORCHARD SOUNDS MUCH LIKE Lafayette, since '85 we've doubled the housing units, we had two hardware stores,a one supermarket, now we have a walmart, h depot,sears hardware, mom and pop hardware are gone. and we even have a rush hour in the center of town,
YEP!!! Identical...we gonna get HD soon, the Wally is gonna be a Sooper Wally, we have TWO (count 'em, TWO) Albertson's grocers within 5 miles of one another...plus a Fred Meyer, A QFC, A Saars, and some Mom and Pop grocers (for now), an outta business KMart (thank you Wally), the largest High School in the State, yep a rush hour or two, with TWO roads leading to the freeway, a Ferry depot and a new Roller Skate rink opening soon, but there ain't no Rail Road in town anywhere!!!!!!! (look at Port Orchard, WA on the map)

D

DJ

Yep, the Walton family is loaded. They make Bill Gates look like a pauper.<br /><br />Notice how they don't flaunt it though?<br /><br />In my city, many small businesses flourish inspite of a three Walmarts, two Home Depots, and a Lowes, all within 8 miles of my house.<br /><br />I think we have the best Ace Hardware in the country. Those guys cannot be stumped. Because of that, they get whatever business I can send their way. I WILL pay for knowledge and expertise. Most will not and will pay more than once.