A few thoughts about the latest scandal.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: A few thoughts about the latest scandal.

this is pretty sick one bigfun<br />" Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick. "

Carphunter

Commander

Very well said Popuptarget.<br /><br />Heres a fella who was over there, and knows much more than any of us about whats going on. He is against what has happened. That is not how he was trained. Thats not how these uniformed people were trained.<br /><br />Thanks popuptarget for giving your much more experienced opinion.<br /><br />.......and ditto what Mellow said, thanks for serving. :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

This is a copy of a message I sent to a radio guy....<br /><br /><br />I'm not the real person, but wouldn't it be great if I were actually her (the female cigarette smoking girl in the Britney Spears photo shoot)?<br />So I ask your indulgence, and pretend I am her ;<br /> <br />This is an open apology to the Iraqi and American citizens.<br />By now, most of you saw my photo shoot with the fabrically-challenged prisoners, with a cigarette and an imaginary gun.<br />How could I have been so blind to your sensitivities!? I humbly ask for your forgiveness. I gave you the impression that I was smoking, I do not smoke, and yet, I flagrantly flashed an un-cuffed cigarette for all the world to see. I never gave a thought for all the young minds I was polluting by appearing with it. Of course, everyone is up in arms about the naked guys. well, we were too---that is, until we arrested ,interrogated and confined them. I am sorry this photo was released in the United States. It was meant to be only released locally, for it's perceived effect on the Iraqi male combatants who viewed it.<br />The cigarette was a prop...The obvious smile of glee , fake gun (hand gesture), and the fact that I am female however, were completely intentional. See, us military types do not like our enemy,and would kill them without hesitation....if only we were allowed to. After 9/11/01, many of us would strap-on our own versions of belt-bombs, and self-detonate in the middle of a pack of " insurgents" (Insurgents being the term you guys like to use--we call them "the enemy"), or other terms I cannot convey here without censorship.<br />I just thought that since my Commander in Chief gave an apology, I should also express my own for that cigarette..By the way, you will note that it wasn't really lit...we wouldn't want the mutants in the photo to end up with cancer or anything. A well-placed electrode maybe.<br /> <br /> Regards, <br /> The "Cigarette Smoking Woman"

Fly Rod

Commander

:) It was herendous what happened at the prison!!! Shouldn't have happened!!!<br /><br /> <br /> "BUT!!!!!" <br /><br /><br />Where is the Arab out cry when the Americans were killed and mutilated???? :confused: <br /><br />There wasn't this much fuss about the "Four Americans!!!!" that were mutilated and hung from the bridge and dragged!!!!! :confused: :confused: <br /><br />You hit the nail on the head Gaugeguy!!!!<br /><br />And why are we apoligizing????<br /><br />Why haven't they apoligized?????

18rabbit

Captain

After viewing the newly released photos of this Iraqi prisoner debacle, I’ve changed my mind. The people involved should not be tried here. They need to be imprisoned until the newly formed Iraqi government is in place, then handed over to that government to be tried on charges as they see fit, and punished per their sense of justice, whatever that may or may not be. Iraq DOES have jurisdiction over the US hired contractors in this…that is not at question.<br /><br />There is no better way to lead than by example. It seems we are always demanding that Islamic states hand over the people we claim have committed crimes against us, to our government for trial and punishment. Let’s spin this to our advantage and seize this as and opportunity to lead by example.<br /><br />This will accomplish two things; first, the guilty will be punished, as they should be. And second, it will help to appease the (now clearly justified!) increasing distain the otherwise passive Islamic community is developing toward the US’s involvement in Iraq.

PW2

Commander

The Short answer, Fly Rod, is that this was a preemtive war to change the society that the Iraqis live in.<br /><br />As Colin Powell is said to have said, this is "Pottery Barn Rules" in that you break it, you own it, and you have to fix it.<br /><br />We broke it, and now we have to fix it. And this ain't the way to go about it. I am not sure how many Iraqis we have to kill before we win over their hearts and minds, and I guess we will have to wait to find out how many American soldiers will have to die before we finally realize this democracy thing is a hopeless, Quixotic goal for those people.<br /><br />I have frankly stated from long before the war began that this nation building excersise was a hopeless task, and nothing has happened to change my mind.<br /><br />I guess we find out more when we give over the keys on June 30, but I will be curious whose side we are going to choose to be on once the civil war starts.

ob

Admiral

Not a bad theory 18rabbit.If we don't practice what we expect ,can we ever hope to win trust.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree MY, so thats 2 forms of major abuse that I have read as facts. This apparently is being blown way out of proportion by the usual suspects.<br /><br />Has there ever been a war without prisoner abuses? Nope, never has, never will. It's part of war. The only diff. now is the pictures are being broadcast. If there were no pictures, there whould not be this emotional reaction I hear/read about.<br /><br />The reaction of some of the anti war crowd disgusts me more than the abuses.

SoulWinner

Commander

Pw2, Thanks for singleing me out for your earlier attack. Without returning the favor I hope and pray that you never endure the fear and alarm of combat. I hope you live all of your precious days in peace and comfort, and that you come to have compassion for those who maintain and insure your peace; the military. <br /><br />Ok, we broke Iraq. We, the United States of America "broke Iraq." You said it, but maybe you want to check out the factual reality of the past 20+ years of Iraqi history before you want to own that statement. We freed a civilization from tyranny. We defeated a mass murdering, mass raping mad man and his protégé sons. What a mistake :eek: I wish I could screw up that big every day :D We may never agree on the politics of this. We may never agree on the color of the sky, but, to quote a truely Godly man, "I would wet a line with you any day."<br /><br />Shalom

streadway

Seaman

has anybody seen the pics that were not shown on 60 min.there are a few of them posted on<br /><br />URL DELETED. Xrated links are not permitted.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Here is a post that should be comprehended, and not just read...<br />If you do not get it after doing so, just strap a bomb to yourself, try to blow yourself up in a crowded McDonnalds, and join your comrads with Ala.<br /><br />
Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> mattt,<br /><br />There is all this outrage over this. Someone took some stupid pictures.....wow. Where is the outrage over Ruby Ridge.......what about Waco Texas.....Elian GOnzales? I see you your point Matttt, but in a war...in any combat situation you are the loser. Your high and mighty principals are the invitation to defeat, victory is vicious. The only ones who don't know this are those who haven't had to fight for life.
We are at war with people who find females in combat a disgrace. For one of these mutant "insurgients" (as the world likes to call them---sounds better than "terrorist" to them for reasons I do not need to define), to be nude in the presence of other men is considered to be the most humiliating thing. And to be leashed by a female----in uniform---nude, with your nude comrads---and her in uniform of the ememy---SMOKING A CIGARETTE NO LESS!!!<br />Does anyone doubt these photos were produced on purpose? That pupose has nothing to do with the world comunity (you and I). Nobody knows for sure yet, but I'll garauntee you, they were non-leathal weapons of war! Nothing more. Nothing less.<br />I think those responable should come forward for medals of honor,instead of court's marshall.<br />Na....One of them just may end-up throwing it over the gate of the White House in protest some day.<br />God Bless our troops. Even the ones charged with the unpleasantness of destroying combatant mutants without firing a shot!!!!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Interesting insight 12footer. I love how reading this board is always a learning experience.