96 Bayliner 2050 - The Dirty Rotten Baystard

Timr71

Petty Officer 1st Class
Plus, I'm getting to the point where I really gotta start finishing things up if I wanna splash this summer. Pre-made things are just going to plain save me time now.

YES! Splash this summer...because playing with boats at the lake is actually more fun that working (restoring) on them! Great idea!

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
YES! Splash this summer...because playing with boats at the lake is actually more fun that working (restoring) on them! Great idea!

If it doesn't meet the water this summer, I'm gonna blow my brains out lol... I'm so ready to go boating!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Just another patch job for the next guy I guess. Small little hole. :eek: I feel the same way. I might just get oars if I have too!

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Honestly, my biggest fear at this point is I put the boat in the water and I find a bunch of water pouring into the bilge... I can deal with tweaks and tuning on the motor or other electrical stuff... but if I have to pull the whole transom assembly back out, I'll lose it lol

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
When we gonna get some boat prono???? I enjoy the vids. You do a good job on them.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
When we gonna get some boat prono???? I enjoy the vids. You do a good job on them.

For now my version of boat "prono" is going to have to be my new video lol.. I don't have any good pics of stuff to share otherwise... Finished up the majority of the wiring with the exception of the headunit and the front speakers... Other than that, it should be 100% ready to fire up.

Also, just hit 300 subscribers! Woohoo! lol

Enjoy!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
For now my version of boat "prono" is going to have to be my new video lol.. I don't have any good pics of stuff to share otherwise... Finished up the majority of the wiring with the exception of the headunit and the front speakers... Other than that, it should be 100% ready to fire up.

Also, just hit 300 subscribers! Woohoo! lol

Enjoy!

That's 299 too many!;)

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
I'm officially the worst at remembering pictures... I took the day off work and spent about 6 hours on the boat... got some wiring oopsies straightened out, installed some edge trim in the bow and on the back seat.. really cleans up the edges of the plywood... I also built new panels to upholster and install in front of the captain's seats.. these will get the fancy new glove box / cup holders lol... I also started building the new side panels...

Gonna rain all day tomorrow so no pics for a couple days...

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
New panels are done and "waterproofed".. now need to apply foam and new vinyl. I also installed the new pleated vinyl on the hull sides. After that decided to cut 2 new holes in the boat for front speakers.

Got some pictures this time.
20200314_213441_copy_800x600.jpg20200315_173212_copy_800x600.jpg

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
More boat pron! Finally made my first sewn panels for dash areas... Pretty happy with how the stitching went... It definitely needs help being pushed along when going thru 4 layers of vinyl but the needle goes thru no problems without any bogging down. I went with a flat felled seam with the fold going upward so water cant get behind the seam.

I also got two new holes cut in the walkway to the bow seating and installed two speakers.

Then I decided to make some "plate washers" to help distribute the clamping force where the top cap bolts to the base in the helm area since this is the only support in that area. Just made them from some aluminum plate I had lying around.

I wanted to install the new vinyl on the wood last night but my hand stapler was not having it... I ran out to harbor freight this morning and picked up a wide crown stapler which supposedly works with my T50 stainless staples.

20200315_173250_copy_600x800.jpg

Attachments

• 20200317_215554_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200317_215554_copy_600x800.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200316_182348_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200316_182348_copy_600x800.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 7

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Looking real nice! So where did you find the edging? I need to find some of that for my drift boat project. I can only seem to find it in 25' or 250' rolls. I need to find a continuous chunk about 30' and then some smaller odds and ends for the seats and what-not.

Oh and BTW you're nowhere close to the worst about remembering pictures! I think I have that distinction sewn up.

Cheers................Todd

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Looking real nice! So where did you find the edging? I need to find some of that for my drift boat project. I can only seem to find it in 25' or 250' rolls. I need to find a continuous chunk about 30' and then some smaller odds and ends for the seats and what-not.

Oh and BTW you're nowhere close to the worst about remembering pictures! I think I have that distinction sewn up.

Cheers................Todd

I got mine from mcmaster carr, you can get it by the foot.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Sweet! Thanks! I need to order some constant tension hose clamps from them any way. I'll check it out.

Cheers.................Todd