96 Bayliner 2050 - The Dirty Rotten Baystard

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
That's a lot to say kev..... or r u gettin put in the corner again 😆

Who knows Froggy? Seams like you can't use the word sex in conversation or joke. I have a nun with an issue on me back ya see.
You fill in the name; Sister _ _ _ _ _ _.
Trying to rack up some views for ya MADPROPS

Last edited:

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Well, I ordered a can of power tune which should get here today, so last night I turned a tool on the lathe for seating the bellows retainer ring.

I noticed that my bell housing has quite a bit of left/ right play on the hinge pins... I ordered new synthane washers hoping that the old ones were just worn down but I can't find any info on how thick they are.. once they arrive I'll get a better idea of what's going on.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Been a little slow on the boat lately cuz my priorities have moved to some demo work at the house, however the other night I did finish up the bellows job and reinstalled my power steering actuator... I think next, i will install the trim pump and possibly install the motor... baby steps lol

20191104_224504-800x600.jpg20191104_224515-800x600.jpg20191104_224625-600x800.jpg20191105_223703-600x800.jpg

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
I'm still alive! Been quiet for me here still because I'm just finishing up the demo work around the house.. Should be officially done with the new framing this weekend.. then the contractors are taking over on reassembly on Monday. In addition to that, I just bought a new-to-me old Clausing 12x36 lathe that I'm working on cleaning up and setting up a VFD/control panel. Just debating whether I want to just get it going or do a full restoration/paint/etc... I'm also still messing around with the new welder and building a cart for it.
So I have a lot of irons in the fire lol

That being said... I did get the motor back in the boat and moved it out of the garage... At this point I'll basically be waiting on warmer days to get some work done. Fortunately nothing really requires warm weather any more since the glassing/painting is all done with the exception of a few minor things like filling old holes. Still need to get the trim pump and batteries installed. Then I can start putting the interior back in but thats going to be slow going because I think I might try reupholstering stuff over the winter.

I'll get some pictures to make THOSE people happy.. I also bought some 1/2" PVC and fittings to make a nice frame to go under the cover and help support the cover so it doesn't puddle with water/snow. It was dirt cheap and actually worked really well.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Happy new year everyone! Hopefully with the new year here I will back at it! Got many updates to share but I got some champagne to drink right now... goodnight!

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
So now that I'm back to work on the boat, I'm tackling several things at once... first, I reinstalled the trim pump, the starting and deep cycle batteries, and laying out the new wiring from the batteries to all the accessories (amp, fuse block, bilge pump, etc...)
I also got the trim rams rebuilt and reinstalled along with the outdrive.

That being said, I ran into a bit of a hiccup on getting the engine aligned... I thought I had it pretty good but the drive kinda jammed up while putting it on... so ita just sitting there half on until I finish up the wiring so I can use the trim rams to push it back off...

I also started on reupholstering and took out about a billion staples on the first side panel then ran into a hiccup and it looks like they kinda interweaves foam and fabric and there is no way to remove it without ruining some of the foam... I think I'm just going to redo the plywood and foam for the side panels... it was in decent shape but there was some soft spots on the very edge.

That's where I'm at... lots of stuff left to do tho

20200101_165759-600x800.jpg20200101_165755-600x800.jpg20200102_222133-600x800.jpg

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Snuck out today in the heatwave and got some battery cables installed, mounted the new fuse block and amplifier, and bleed the trim pump system and got my outdrive popped back off...
gonna be toasty again tomorrow so hope to get more checked off the list!

Also wanna run and get some new plywood for side panels tomorrow after the rain let's up

Slow but steady!

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Thinking about my side panel reupholstery project and now I'm kind of wondering if I want to rebuild the way it was designed from factory, but then I started wondering if I should take advantage and redesign the side panels with any features I might want that weren't there, like cupholders/speakers/lighting/etc....

Looking for ideas or opinions on this... downsides are, I have nothing to go from other than ideas and no templates to use...

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
I personally never think the factory built it to fit my need... yur mileage may vary :) I say go full tilt custom built to as you will use it.
Great vid series BTW, watched all of it last weekend, love the "dad humor"

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Thinking about my side panel reupholstery project and now I'm kind of wondering if I want to rebuild the way it was designed from factory, but then I started wondering if I should take advantage and redesign the side panels with any features I might want that weren't there, like cupholders/speakers/lighting/etc....

Looking for ideas or opinions on this... downsides are, I have nothing to go from other than ideas and no templates to use...

always build the way you like , these aren't collectors items and typically when you do your own designs they are more useful compared to just getting it out the door as cheaply and efficiently as possible, only time id ever worry about original is if it was a collector boat with heritage that was worth the money with a concourse resto.