77 Skeeter Restoration

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 77 Skeeter Restoration

Take #2 last night... I did 2 coats of primer followed within 30 mins by the bedliner - I ended up redoing 10 parts and think I may have to do one for a third try, but the others look fine so far!

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Put the second coat of bedliner on ... Looking much better:)

sevanseriesta

Petty Officer 1st Class

Interesting, I did not know about the primer being porous. I primed my trailer 6 months ago, will that effect the paint also or is it only a problem with the bedliner product?

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Interesting, I did not know about the primer being porous. I primed my trailer 6 months ago, will that effect the paint also or is it only a problem with the bedliner product?

My understanding was that it only a problem if you leave it in a humid environment for too long before top coating... If you didn't have a prob with blistering, you're fine:) jbcurt - please correct me if I'm off track!

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got out and re-did the last 2 parts... Pulled out all the stops - I wire-brushed, sanded, and did 2 wipe-downs with mineral spirits before priming - here's hoping it did the trick!

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Victory! Put the last coat of bedliner on tonight!

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Started reassembling the trailer today! Will post pics when done..,

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ran into a couple more hiccups with the trailer - I got it mostly reassembled and realized that I needed to rebuild one of the bunks because my bolt-spacing was wrong. So, currently waiting for some bunk carpet , but I built the replacement bunk and fit it, so I should be good this time.

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Still waiting on carpet for the 4th bunk, but got the rest of the trailer put together:

Planning on putting the hull back on the trailer on Monday, will put the rest of the keel rollers on then!

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also go out to clean up my casting platform and lay some glass... Will need to pick some more up after the holiday weekend to finish...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Trailer looks fantastic! Very nice!

The casting deck ain't too shabby either...;)
:D

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Trailer looks fantastic! Very nice!

The casting deck ain't too shabby either...;)
:D

Thanks GT! It's nice to have the trailer done:). Was bummed that I ran out of glass, but I'll get the casting deck done this week!

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got the hull flipped back over and back on the trailer, and tucked back in the garage!

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Carpet came in the mail today for the last bunk - will be putting that together this weekend!

I also bought a stainless scuff-plate to put around the bow-eye and protect the paint from getting beat up against that roller during towing, so I'll be installing that.

I also went ahead and ordered some retractable tie-downs to bolt to the trailer - I was a little nervous towing with nylon ropes for tie-downs when I brought the hull back home, but I didn't want my rachet-straps to be banging up against the transom as I went down the road:facepalm: These tie-downs look like they should be better...

Going to try and pick up some more glass for the casting deck tomorrow.

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

So, I've been thinking of repainting the motor - any recommendations for a good, durable topcoat paint?

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not much progress over the weekend - but hopefully will get out today or tomorrow. In the meantime, I've been reading through different pages in iboats, and gathering more ideas:)

fishbone77

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got out and installed the livewell aerator pump - seated it with 5200. Also a couple of pics with the new fuel tank approximately in place relative to the pump. I'll still have to install the bilge pump before dropping on the cap.