77' 16ft Starcraftt ss

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
I know I should use gloves, I havnt learned yet. I was toying with the Idea of the splashwell going back on and I would rather have that space in the back. I made the transom higher than the original to "help" reduce water from coming over the back.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
On a serious note, I need new data stickers and what not. I find places online for those. If you have a reputable prefered place shoot it to me. I think i remember seeing something about Gonzo's earlier in my thread.

I also need to redo my Hin tags. Is there a easiest prefered method of engraving this? I have aluminum on hand, just not an engraver. I can get one though. Just looking for lessons learned on this. Should I just engrave the the actual boat or rivet in plates?

The boat isnt here and my brain is racking for something to do.Started cutting grass but lightning got too close for comfort.....

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
A top of the line bilge pump should be on your list. :rolleyes:

Garzon studios does the repop cap decals but there's a place JB posted that does them printed on AL. I would have someone stamp the HIN #s on a piece of AL and rivet, screw or glue it on.

jbcurt00

Staff member
For the HIN, if you have aluminum, and can cut a small plate, I'd suggest getting a metal stamp set. Harbor Freight has 'em for not too much.

I get aluminum plates printed via sublimation for the capacity plates. Here's one I had made recently, this is a proof
My%20Clipper%20ID%20tag_zpsjjl5exif.jpg

And actual plates I had made for someone else:
Davidsplates_zpsa9c47800.jpg

If you can provide camera ready artwork, many trophy/engraving/printing shops can make the plates if they have the equipment for sublimation printing. Call a few and ask about sublimation.

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
That's really nice! My plate is very faded, still readable though, just looks bad.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I read this..:pound:
Thanks for making my evening..

Glad I could help Decker!

Thanks for the info JB and Wmann, Ordered the plate from gorzon and picked up a punch set from HF. Time to play.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Could have done it cleaner, But its hot out and I dont like cutting this aluminum with a jigsaw.

20150604_144050_resized.jpg

hayko1971

I could see a set like that getting me in trouble lol, I'd stamp everything in sight haha.
Great idea

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
A house with out a boat at it is not a fun house. So on another fishing forum someone posted pics of some old lures they just scored. This made me pull out a box of old ones I bought when I was 15 or so, 17-18 years ago. 20150605_165819_resized.jpg 20150605_170042_resized.jpg

My dad found the old antler looking one when he was a kid. Thats my coolest one I think. Im gonna have to pull all these out tomorrow and give them a wipedown.

20150605_170056_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20150605_170042_resized.jpg
    20150605_170042_resized.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 5

hayko1971

Those are cool. There's something magical about old lures... Like they've survived some great battle and have never become lost lures. Then again, I'm sure I have some lures that have never been wet lol.

Decker83

Commander
Those are cool lures.. The Admiral loves to collect old lures.. She has all of her Dads old lures and likes to buy them..

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Those are cool lures.. The Admiral loves to collect old lures.. She has all of her Dads old lures and likes to buy them..

Ive bought some old reels that I put in one of my parents display like coffee tables that looks pretty cool, but other than that this is all i got. I pulled them out again tonight and took some more pics. I have to find an old lure forum to put these to see if there is a diamond in there somewhere. As far as I know they are all sorta common older ones except quite a few have their boxes and papers.

Here is a bunch of pics just because I dont have a boat to play with..... Sorry not for sale decker :yield:If your admiral has any specific questions though shoot me a PM. I only know what I have from Google.

Mods I hope this is allowed, havnt broke the rules in awhile....:argue:

20150605_232601_resized.jpg 20150605_232608_resized.jpg 20150605_232613_resized.jpg 20150605_232630_resized.jpg 20150605_232732_resized.jpg 20150605_232705_resized.jpg 20150605_232748_resized.jpg

This piece is kinda really cool because I think its a homemade de-hooker kinda thing?

20150605_232812_resized.jpg

Close up of old antler lure

20150605_232758_resized.jpg 20150605_232621_resized.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
This is your topic, if you wanna talk lures and fishing, have at it, lets just agree that it wont be the primary discussion ;)

Boating and fishing go together, IMO, others may disagree.

And being NFS, keeps the buying and selling talk at bay, so you're good there too.....

FYI for anyone needing HIN plates for the transom, a trophy/engraving shop should be able to engrave the HIN too if you dont want to go the hand stamping route.

For a couple of mine, I just stamped it onto the hull, no plate. Now that I can cut thin stock w a shear, I can make small 1/2 X 3 strips for the HIN, more like the original.

Edit: i like the antler lure, may be your diamond. :cool:

Last edited:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
This is your topic, if you wanna talk lures and fishing, have at it, lets just agree that it wont be the primary discussion ;)

Boating and fishing go together, IMO, others may disagree.

And being NFS, keeps the buying and selling talk at bay, so you're good there too.....

FYI for anyone needing HIN plates for the transom, a trophy/engraving shop should be able to engrave the HIN too if you dont want to go the hand stamping route.

For a couple of mine, I just stamped it onto the hull, no plate. Now that I can cut thin stock w a shear, I can make small 1/2 X 3 strips for the HIN, more like the original.

Edit: i like the antler lure, may be your diamond. :cool:

Someone in another place said the antler one may be an old Ice fishing jig. which is pretty cool.

Got ya covered JB, wont be main discussion, just time passing till I get the boat back. Im about to bring the splashwell outfront and strip the paint off it for something to do. Still need to figure out if I will use it or not. I really dont want to hack it up smaller and would rather see it go to someone that needs one eventually. I did make some new HIN plates already, just need to attach them. I did stop by one trophy shop and asked a few questions about how weather proof they would be and I wasnt satisfied with the answers so HF stamp kit worked much better than I had thought it would in the hard aluminum surface.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Back to work this week, 4am wake ups and 8pm bed times.... im hoping to swing by the tomorrow to see how the cap is comming along too. Hopefully they atleast started it. I dont think they got to it last week.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Ok well if my boat isnt ready by the mid to end of this week, Im giving up on that place and bringing her home to get the floor started. On their part the guy did just add to his family with a new baby girl born last week so I know how that goes and im not mad at that fact. But I need something to work on and fathers day gift for me is wood, sealer or paint, and hopefully carpet to put down. Admiral said lawn toys or boat stuff. Ofcoarse im goin with the boat stuff!