1997 Starcraft Fishmaster 190CC Resto

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1997 Starcraft Fishmaster 190CC Resto

To be honest i havent had the boat out yet. Most of the work was done in my garage, i dont think it will get to hot in the sun considering it is a light color. My only recomendation would be to buy the glue the manufacturer of the material sells, its called like Vinyl Glue 88 or something 88. Nautolux is the manufacturer.

Have roller of sorts ready to role out bubles and have someone around to give you a hand. The manufacturer recomends using an 80 pound roller but i used a pizza dough roller with my weight on it. I have a couple of bubles that i could not get out.

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys, took the boat out yesterday and today. It still leaks but is probably about 60% better. Im still going to do some more investigating maybe something i can slow down more with some gluvit on the outside. The boat goes 6mph facter now that the water logged deck and foam is removed, Tops out with two people around 44mph. Fishing is just getting good !!

I am having problems with the switch for my live wells, there are little circuit breakers wired into the switches and i think one has failed. If i tap on it and mess with it i can get the pump to come on but 98% of the time it doesnt work. Should i just bypass this little relay or circuit breaker or try to find a new one. Ill post a pic of it if i need to.

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Chad

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looks real good. Sucks you still have leaks though. Maybe a plumbing issue.

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

chad
looks great leaks can/will drive you crazy. if your like me if you do nothing it will keep you up at nights thinking about it. how bad is it? how long before thr bilge turns on? i'ld buy a new breaker and do new conections on the well

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys, you are correct about the leaking keeping you up at night. Its not as bad as it used to be but it still really bothers me, especially after all of the work. I thought maybe the plumbing but i put a plug in the drain for the livewell, the pump is new, all plumbing new, im 90% sure its not the plumbing.

In a 4 hour trip the bilge kicks on about 3-4 times for about 20 seconds. It is pretty significant. I considered replumbing the livewell pump to pull water from bilge, lol, just kiddiing, it did cross my mind though.

Im also going to tackle tuning these carbs in. Im not sure if they need to be taken apart or cleaned. Runs pretty rough at idle but i hear these motors run rough. it also seems to load up at idle for a litle while. Starts with touch of key though. Will keep you posted, this leak is killing me.

Chad

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

try some seafoam in the gas for the carbs.

also is your reg # missing the ct for the state

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey,

Ya, i was in a rush yesterday to bring it out and did not have time to make it to the store for the CT. I had the other letters from when i registered it originally, im going to put the CT on tomorow.

Hey if any of you guys are at all familiar with Merc Outboards can you take a look at this thread. I dont think the engine repair forumns are as popular as the boat restoration, ive been having a hard time getting responses.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=395660

Let me know what you think.

Chad

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Actually the sad part Chad is the I/O and Johnson/Evinrude forums here are very popular, but for whatever reason we just don't have as many good Mercury techs. We do have some really great ones but they don't post as often.

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

getting some responses now, i just did compression check, only 100 psi across the board, pretty depressing considering, im gonna see if i can make it idle better, it starts right up, runs good at high speed, just idles rough and smokes to much, gonna try some adjusting tomorow.

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well its nice to have the boat together, i think the compression tester i was using was a little off, im not sure what the true reading is but adjusting the carbs and oil mix made a big difference. Considering a rebuild over the winter but also considering selling to get something i can leave in the water, this thing leaks like a motha....either way bilge pumps work good and it seems reliable.

If your reading this you should probably go and work on finishing yours!!!

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello,

Well it was a good summer of use. Probably tooker her out 20-30 times. Still leaks but i have located the area of the leak, not an easy fix.

I have purchased a new boat because i found a good deal on something larger I can leave in the water. I have also found that this boat is a little to light for the conditions i prefer to fish. Aluminum boat apparently get tossed around in the ocean.

I paid 4k for this boat, i probably put 800-1000 into the restoration last winter. How much do you guys think I can sell this for with the known leak? I only paid 5k for my new one, 1994 Proline 240 Walk Around Cabin with volvo penta I/O.

Chad

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well given that it has such a terrible leak in it I figure I'll give you $100 for it shipped to Michigan.

There is no selling on iboats so PM me your PayPal address and we can get this deal done pronto;)

:D:D

That is such a sweet boat!

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do you guys think i can get 4k for it?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yes and I wouldn't take a penny less.

Well, there goes my offer, rats.

Yah, that boat is well worth that kind of money especially up in the NE.

Bummer to see it go! What a great rig!:D