1997 Starcraft Fishmaster 190CC Resto

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1997 Starcraft Fishmaster 190CC Resto

You can do it right on photobucket with a single click on each picture. You won't even have to update anything on here.

PaulyV

Chief Petty Officer

Chad,
I applied Gluvit to the exterior...I used rustoleum aluminum latex primer. The prob I had had nothing to do with the primer..it was due to my impatience and temp fluctuation. I did not let the gluvit fully cure. In my case it took 4 days..maybe 5. After it was cured the primer and paint held up just fine. Just dont rush it.

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Greetings,

Ok so its time to start thinking about buying some paint. I want to do black on the bottum and white up top. Could you guys tell me what type of paint i should get, i would like to order it online because im sure it will be cheaper.

Most of the paint on the boat is original and still sticking reallly well, i just plan to scuff this paint. Bare aluminum will be primed with zinc chromate and epoxy areas (gluvit) will be primed with epoxy primer.

Could someone please tell me what a good paint would be just to spary over everything. I have a buddy that paints cars for a living, he is awesome but has never done an aluminum boat. He recomended using car paint since there was already good paint on the boat.

I have been working on the sticker removal and prep. Alot of rivets !!!!

http://s884.photobucket.com/home/cc190cc/index

Chad
IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_0551.jpg

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Pettit Easy Poxy paint is real good stuff. I used it on mine with great results.
Can be rolled and tipped or sprayed, either way.
1 qt of each color will be more than enough. They also offer primer and thinners for either application.
This was done with a foam roller and no tipping with a brush
DSCN0863.jpg

2 coats with a "scuff" and wipe down between coats. Seems very hard now.

Just my opinion, good luck!

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey that looks awesome, did you use anything speacial for the bottum or same as the topside?

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey that looks awesome, did you use anything speacial for the bottum or same as the topside?

Same paint top and bottom. The boat will be trailered when not in use, so no need for "bottom" paint.

Also, I had fairly good paint on the hull to start with, I just sanded with 220 to rough it up, hit the bare spots with ZC, let it dry and went to town with color.

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine is trailered also, thanks alot man, huge help. A few people now have told me to use that paint.

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Greetings,

Ok, so paint is almost complete. I have painted the center console and the boat last night. Here are some photos of my custom paint booth ventilation system (figured people on here would appreciate) and the paint job. I still have to do some work on the back, it is going to be solid white.

Hopefully i will have this thing upright this weekend and back together by next weekend. My floor boards and what not are already made and sealed ready to go. More pics to come.

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg
photo-1.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg
IMG_0617.jpg

Sorry for the size, i will work on resizing a bit later. By the way, i plumbed the vetilation into a bucket of water covered with a tarp, worked fairley well, at least the neighbors havent complained yet.

Chad

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That paint job is CLASSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

That paintjob looks great! what kind of paint did you end up going with?

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

PPG - My buddy works at a boddy shop, he told the paint rep what we were doing and he sold me the appropriate PPG paint. I am unsure of the model or line ot PPG paint as I am at work.

There are a few imperfections and a few bugs but all in all its good. It is just a fishing boat.

"STRIPER SLAYER" vinyl on the way!!!

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

That paint is stunning!!! Terrific job!

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

well it looks great, I guess it pays to have a buddy like that!

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for all of the feedback, im glad you like. It does pay to have a buddy that paints for a living, he two toaned my car for me and did a phenom job.

In the situation of the boat, he really needed to use the garage to put an engine in his car so.....the quicker the boat got done, the sooner the garage is open!!!!

I plan on having plumbing (livewell, bilge pumps) , wiring harness, foam and deck installed by the weekend. Also the transom painted.

Should be in the water within a week or two.

See pics of the entire resto to date at :

http://s884.photobucket.com/home/cc190cc

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just wanted to get this post back to the top so people could see my paint job :). Check out the photobucket page also.

Lots of pics coming this weekend, boat is getting flipped back over tonight or in morning. Deck should be in by tomorow evening.

HHHAHAAA

Chad

Huron Angler

Admiral

The striping on that paint job turned out very nice...well done:)

That hull is a very deep V, it looks like it has a sharper angle of deadrise than the older ones.

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

paint looks to nice for a fishin boat:D looks really nice hope things continue as well for you. youve made nice progress
D

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Super paint job...two thumbs up here :cool::cool:

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Greetings,

OK...so i see the light at the end of the tunnel. I installed all foam and the deck this weekend, the material to cover the floor should be here this week. I went with Nautolex Deco Dot (Taupe). It is basically a rubber material, easy to wash fish guts etc. etc.

I replaced all live well hoses, going to be working on getting the bilge and livewell pump wiring straight until the floor material gets hear. Also i want to seal the screw holes.

I cant wait for this to be done, i enjoy it for sure (love of labor) its just a large project that has taken some time (not as large when compared to people like OOPS!!).

My next boat resto is going to be something smaller, which will probably begin shortly after this one is finished in the next week or two.

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

All Restoration Pics -

Fishing is getting hot around here!!!! Im shooting for the weekend after next as maiden voyage!

Chad