1996 Century Boats 1800 Center Console Refit and Modernization

zool

Captain
Yesterday, me and the admiral spent the day on the SR, de-winterizing the water system and stocking supplies. It was a rainy day, but nice and calm. The port engine alarm went off on the way to the dock, so had to bring her in on one engine. Gonna have a tech come over to see whats going on.

1655039596990.jpeg

1655039630875.jpeg

Lot of boats in the water, but not many people around, it was nice.

1655039680314.jpeg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Larry,
You have soooo many sweet rides! Always a pleasure to watch your work. Glad you bought a nice camera.

zool

Captain
Got a few more things off the checklist.

Installed the radar dome.
Installed the vhf in the t-top box
Installed a fuse panel to power the gps, sonar, vhf
Installed an am/fm antenna. I order a vhf ant too, but they sent two am/fm instead, so I got to wait on that
I was gonna put the clear on the cowling, but one can of color wasnt enough, so I got to wait on more too

bought bearing buddies for the trailer
1655525787655.jpeg

1655525900822.jpeg

Gonna put the barrier coat and anti fouling paint on the bottom next week, then drag it up to the lake. and finish some stuff up there. still waiting on the reg numbers too.

Hoping to launch before the 4th.

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi zool !
Just wondering .... that boat looks a bit big for that single axle, short trailer.
Is that a factory matched arrangement ?
Thanks.

zool

Captain
Hi zool !
Just wondering .... that boat looks a bit big for that single axle, short trailer.
Is that a factory matched arrangement ?
Thanks.
Yeah, when I got the paperwork, it was all sold as a package, even with the small 85hp, most came with the 115hp yammie. The boats only 1800 lbs

tpenfield

Staff member
I envy the space (land) you have to work on your boats . . . (y)

The Sea Ray interior looks great, as does all the work you did on the Century CC. :D

zool

Captain
Cool zool, looks heavier than that, thanks !
yea it does, even the little 16 Donzi weighs 800 lbs more. I think is got to do with having the composite structure hull and small OB.

zool

Captain
I envy the space (land) you have to work on your boats . . . (y)

The Sea Ray interior looks great, as does all the work you did on the Century CC. :D
Thanks Ted. Its good and bad, theres always too much work to do around here, and too many projects! ;)

Sometimes I envy just having a newer big boat like your new one, and just sipping cocktails at the dock instead of digging out tools!

zool

Captain
Update:

Towed the boat up to the lake. Still have a few details to finish, waiting on more grey paint of the cowling. There was a hint of tiger striping, when I started to clear, so when the paint comes in, ill finish that up here and put the stickers on.

I still have to install the vhf antenna, fix the fuel gauge issue and some other electrical.

1656301764799.jpeg

1656301791148.jpeg

I launched today, it ran fine at slow speed, no stalling when shifting or anything. Starts instantly. Couldnt get it over 1800 rpm, so I thing I have a fuel issue since I cleaned the carbs but didnt link and sync. Maybe the timing advance level is gunked up, or the throttle cable isnt pushing full in sync. It wil rev up high manually with the cowling off on muffs, but not with the controls. So Ill have to work that out.
Still had a nice cruise about a mile to the dock.

1656302075134.jpeg

1656302097381.jpeg

It was windy and rough when docking, with a lot of boat traffic, and I broke off the rear mooring whip base and bottom, which fell into the lake. Ill try to retrieve it when they draw down the water level, but I ordered new parts for now.

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
I love this thread ! Excellent work throughout !
BTW, what lake is that ?
Thanks for sharing the good work,
W.

zool

Captain
Nice looking lake there, 5700 acres, good size too !
I can see it getting very busy there at times.
Thanks.
Yeah, it was a small river town back in the 20's, then they dammed it as a hydro plant and formed the lake, like in Deliverance. If u listen closely into the wood at night, you can hear KCassells squealing like Ned Beatty :D

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yeah, it was a small river town back in the 20's, then they dammed it as a hydro plant and formed the lake, like in Deliverance. If u listen closely into the wood at night, you can hear KCassells squealing like Ned Beatty :D
God that got a great laugh out of me. And today I surely needed it.
Thank you!
Still laughing.....

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Zool coming for me...

Zool says the fishys are still biting
1656357165909.png

Last edited: