RDBwF41.jpg

picked up this model for 700 with a tri axle trailer
5SfcEN2.jpg

need to make a hatch cover for these.
Rdy2BoJ.jpg

MvoY4uX.jpg

guessing thats one way to quit a 3.0 down :) lol
H3rXAUU.jpg

stringers and transom are solid , looks like more cosmetic work on this then anything and of course going over the drive system :0
says was made in 8 89 but think its a 90 model year because where the cutouts for the ventilation are, in top section not on bottom of the boat,self bailing hull reallly saved the stringers imho and the fact it appears boat was stored under cover .

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hmmmm whats that smell??? Hmm, hmm.....Oh yea A TOTAL REHAB! Not..."stringers and transom are solid"
We'll have to get Inspector Gadget in there to take some lookies!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Hmmmm whats that smell??? Hmm, hmm.....Oh yea A TOTAL REHAB! Not..."stringers and transom are solid"
hahaha well i do have to yank a waterlogged engine :) looks as if someone left the air cleaner off or something but the thing was full of water, so i took the hose from outdrive and ran garden hose into that, kept checking oil pan and no water so not sure..... if i cant free it up its gone and maybe a v8 implant :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Sam could come and see, however , i have decided to remove the outdrive and stuff anyways so we will get a closer inspection, but if you saw how big the transom wood was you would be callin that cheating too rofl its a 2ft x2 foot area ! i know these originally had omc/volvo engines/stringer outdrives at some point but id not even looked at it if this one had one.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Boat looks like a mighty comfortable ride ! I would most certainly install some form of air conditioning for the summer ....

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I know right? , I have been trying to finish bow rider, from cabin cruizer lol, almost finished am biting at the bit to get this bayliner back on the property and do some investigative discovery's! i even debated opening its own forum post for the conversion back but figured id just keep posting along on old post till i went full on to this one!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well..... you got half right.

believe it or not stringers good the transom had a leak around bolt holes so that was wet to stringers but the stringers were sealed to the outer skin so no water penetrated them and wood was wet not rotted yet so that wasn't so bad came out hard had black mold of course but wood still showed strength . :).

guessing how it was built they layed up stringers to outer hull then cut a piece of wood to fit in that area above them and sealed that in ill post a few pics after i clean mess up to show what i mean.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
is ok kc looks like i might be de capping anyways.... i want to get to the sides and there is no way i can figure out how to be ab le to replace hoses and outlets on the sides without de capping ....even just the back area would be helpful not a full cap off because the stringers i drilled looked great :0

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
No Title

Attachments

• photo281952.jpg
    photo281952.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photo281953.jpg
    photo281953.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 16
  • photo281954.jpg
    photo281954.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 15

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
No Title

well today i was unattended so i went for a partial decap :)_ used structural foam to make sure it was safe for me to climb around in

Attachments

• photo282065.jpg
    photo282065.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 28
  • photo282066.jpg
    photo282066.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 29
  • photo282067.jpg
    photo282067.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 29