Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Gee whiz that huge Johnson you have hanging there sure looks mighty fine, indeed!:watermelon::lol:

Great job on the decaling and very happy to hear that the electrical gremlins have been suppressed...

Now get this puppy rigged out and wet, already!:eek:;)

PS- I know you are far from an electrical guru, but if you don't already have a 10$ test light, get one...awesome for finding silly things like blown fuses...:rolleyes:...
:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Alright fellas..update time... First of all, I will say that the sub-deck fuel tank has been the most challenging part of this build - BY FAR.

First the vent issue; finally got it resolved this way (through the port side console and gunwale):

Then, I had to resolve the gaping hole for my fuel filler (and also the fact that fuel fitting would not fit flush - it want to kick at an angle unless I raised it a bit). that was resolved this way (piece of wood -- cut, sanded, epoxied, primed and painted):

Then, I had to run the fuel filler line (EXPENSIVE stuff) under the deck, then jog it laterally for a couple of feet, then a sharp (almost 90 degree) turn down to the fitting on the tank... That absolutely worked me... The angle was so sharp that fuel line wanted to kink on me like a garden hose (not good obviously)... So, I had to put some clamps in the turn to keep that from happening:

Happier updates in posts to follow:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

So, once I got the fuel vent line run through the port console, I installed my new glove box:

Cup-holder mode:

Storage Mode:

Like the way that worked out... the fuel filler line is hidden behind there and I still have plenty of storage for keys, wallet, etc..

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Other random updates:

Bilge pump, aerator pump and live-well drain all installed:

Transom fittings:

Used some left-over drain hose as a loom for my main electrical lines to keep them out of the splashwell - going to hide the wires running in through the deck with a clam-shell vent (on order).

I am about half-way done wiring the boat. I have just about everything I need except my 3 30 amp circuit breakers (which should arrive Tuesday). I had some really nice (off shore) style seats on ebay from a Wellcraft that would have been perfect. Seller was in Memphis and I could drive up there and save shipping... I got real busy at work and forgot to put in my final bid as the auction wound down... They ended up going for 15.50.... RATS! I hate it when work trumps boat stuff. Oh well, I'll find another good deal I'm sure.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I saw those seats, DEAL for $15.50, add the 3" pedestal mounts & really a deal.

Good work wrangling the fuel fill & vent.

All else looks great!

Getting close :thumb: Awesome

Trooper82

Commander

Getting to the fine details I see...and looking mighty fine too!

bummer missing out on the seats...

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Looks great,...

Make sure you stand at the nozzle when you fuel,....

It might want to "burp" fuel back at you as it fills,.........

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice work pm ! I can smell the fish frying already !

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Wow, you are getting soooooooooooooo close...
Love all the nitty-gritty detail work...:)
Especially that custom made fuel filler support piece...:thumb:
Nice re-purpose of the hose for a wiring sleeve...
Multi-use glove box...sweet!
General plumbing looks "ship shape"...
JIC & FYI; for that super tight bend on the fuel fill hose, you could splice in a section of this stuff to possibly avoid a kink down the road...Trident Marine: Fuel Hose...You just need the right sized double ended barb fitting...
I can almost picture the trailer getting backed down the ramp...:rolleyes:
:D:D:D

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Final stretch pmc!

I don't think anyone will hold it against you if you splashed her using lawn chairs :lol:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, That glove box door is very cool,..............

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

I saw those seats, DEAL for $15.50, add the 3" pedestal mounts & really a deal.

Good work wrangling the fuel fill & vent.

All else looks great!

Getting close :thumb: Awesome

Thanks JBC - Appreciate it.. Yeah, I was bummed about missing out on these seats...

Getting to the fine details I see...and looking mighty fine too!

bummer missing out on the seats...

Thanks Troop.. Trying to get there...

Looks great,...

Make sure you stand at the nozzle when you fuel,....

It might want to "burp" fuel back at you as it fills,.........

Yes, definitely a little concerned about it... I blew in the fuel filler cap and put my hand under the vent outlet... A nice little stream of warm air came screaming out of the vent... So, I know "air" is not "gas", but that was a good sign that I'm not all jammed up down there...

Nice work pm ! I can smell the fish frying already !

I wish... Much more work to do, but I'm getting close... Wrapped up in a birds nest of wire right now..

Wow, you are getting soooooooooooooo close...
Love all the nitty-gritty detail work...
Especially that custom made fuel filler support piece...
Nice re-purpose of the hose for a wiring sleeve...
Multi-use glove box...sweet!
General plumbing looks "ship shape"...
JIC & FYI; for that super tight bend on the fuel fill hose, you could splice in a section of this stuff to possibly avoid a kink down the road...Trident Marine: Fuel Hose...You just need the right sized double ended barb fitting...
I can almost picture the trailer getting backed down the ramp...:rolleyes:
:D:D:D

Thanks Gus - appreciate your kind words on the details... You were a big help in getting some of these issues resolved... Also appreciate the link on flex fuel line... I may definitely do that as a winter project... I even thought about relocating the fuel cap to my front casting deck, but for now I'd really like to keep it on the gunwale for ease of fueling, etc..

Final stretch pmc!

I don't think anyone will hold it against you if you splashed her using lawn chairs :lol:

Believe me - I've thought about it - bean bags perhaps??? Couldn't have gotten this far without your help Blue Fin - appreciate it.

Yeah, That glove box door is very cool,..............

Yes, Teamster, I thought it was a pretty cool gadget. It only cost about 20 bucks on ebay... Seller was good.. quick shipping, etc..

Thanks again, I'll report back later today...

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

PMC

It is a real pleasure to watch your work. Pics of launch and in the water will be welcome by all I am sure.

Beauty !

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Nice to see the pieces coming together. Looking good and I'm sure feeling good.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

Everything looks to be turning out just perfect. You can really see the great though processes and planning coming through in your work! Can't wait to see the video of the splash and the first catch on the new deck.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

thanks fellas... little electrical update for you... Don't judge the messiness... It will cleaned up nice and tight once a few more circuits are run... Although I am not anywhere close to done (and still not 100% that all of this is right), I owe a special thanks to the folks over the electrical and Johnny-Rude forums who helped me a ton in getting this mapped out and trouble-shooting some issues I have encountered thus far...

Quick pic of getting the battery switch and ACR wired up:

Last edited:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

I think I finally got the video issue resolved (again, don't judge the messiness) - it will get it buttoned up nice and tight once I finish running a few more circuits (horn, nav/anchor + gauge lights, courtesy, etc..).

Going to register the boat today;

Also, going to put some gas in her and crank it on the muffs (wish me luck)...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Nice electrical work so far, Sir!
I can almost smell the 2 stroke getting fired up...mmmmmm....
:thumb:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Much luck with the muff running !!:cool: