• Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Thanks guys!

WoG: I used the Majic hardener catalyst from Tractor Supply (I have an Advance Auto 2 blocks from my house, but they didn't carry the ACME 1 hardener)... I'm glad I went to Tractor supply, though, because they have "light ford gray" which is just about the exact same color as Rusto's light machine gray (that I couldn't find and was going to try and mix)... So, I picked up a gallon of that while I was there..

Decker83

Commander

Great job on the painting.. She is looking GOOOD...

Have a great week..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Super clean look to her, very nice indeed!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys! So... I've been thinking (very dangerous) about maybe adding a little splash of color to the top coat...

So, our options are:

1. All business: Leave it white (simple) and throw a Sea Nymph logo on aft sides.
2. A little cutaway to show off the logo (something like this):

PaintScheme_Option1.jpg

3. Tracker-like theme with a little third color graphic:

sideviewboat_Painted_option2.jpg

4. Classic Sea Nymph pattern - similar to factory (with or without dark gray accent stripe):

sideviewboat_painted_option3.jpg

I know, I know, its my boat, and this is a personal choice, etc... ,but just curious if anything jumps out as heinous, fugly, etc..

P.S. the color is showing up as purple (not intended).. Its basically just a dark, royal blue... (not navy, just dark blue)...

thanks

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I like #4 . maybe instead of gray stripe around the blue make it red or black ..
What ever ya come up with I know it will look sweet !

Trooper82

Commander

I like #3....and agree with sp..anything is gonna look fantastic when you finish it!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks, S.P. and Troop - appreciate the feedback...

Another quick update: Put down the "light ford gray" this morning... It was dry when I got home from work so I pulled up the tape...

5_20_13_pulledtapebowview.jpg

I think this might actually work:

5_20_13_tapepulled.jpg

The bare areas will get shot with some primer and then painted rusto white... Then, I will touch up the gray again to bring it back to a straight edge with these lines...

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

I think I would leave it white and get it on the water and fishing faster,......

Looking good,.........

Trooper82

Commander

I was wondering why you had the tape on there earlier...that will look nice with the accent...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Lets make it official, 1 vote each: #2 w/ the cut away. All the blue outlined w/ a 1" stripe of the light Ford gray, spaced 1/2" away, exposing a little of the white.

Of course, really, it ought to be the all white to be fishing soon. Then in Nov slide it into the garage for some winter paint prep. Paint & back in service for the start of the 2014 Spring season......

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

I like the tracker-esque red stripe. Kinda sets the blue and white off. Excuse me.. my slip was showing! Anything you decide will be good. Its your boat...make it be yours. You've done a great job so far!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys! So... I've been thinking (very dangerous) about maybe adding a little splash of color to the top coat...

So, our options are:

1. All business: Leave it white (simple) and throw a Sea Nymph logo on aft sides.
2. A little cutaway to show off the logo (something like this):

PaintScheme_Option1.jpg

3. Tracker-like theme with a little third color graphic:

sideviewboat_Painted_option2.jpg

4. Classic Sea Nymph pattern - similar to factory (with or without dark gray accent stripe):

sideviewboat_painted_option3.jpg

I know, I know, its my boat, and this is a personal choice, etc... ,but just curious if anything jumps out as heinous, fugly, etc..

P.S. the color is showing up as purple (not intended).. Its basically just a dark, royal blue... (not navy, just dark blue)...

thanks

I think you are just trying to show off how cool you are with your fancyschmancy graphic art skilz:rolleyes:

Whatever man. I know I'm good at other stuff. I don't need to prove anything to anybody. And yes, I am a winner:pride:

(my mother told me that once)

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

My pick is for #4. But that is just me I like to keep things as original looking as I can though.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

The decking is looking super sweet! Nice job!
BTW, I couldn't help myself...option 5...:rolleyes:

Maybe add a little black trim around the edges...:)

Decker83

Commander

Well I think there is 2 sides on this hull.. I would pick the best 2 of 5 and paint the port side with #1 and the starboard side with #2..:facepalm::der:

All kidding aside your doing a great job.. Like the highlight around the hatches..

I kinda like the Tracker like theme..:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

thanks Guys; Gus: I love your color... I originally wanted to do light blue, but can't find it stock... The design looks great, but maybe a little "fast" for my simple fishing rig... (although most like the Tracker theme, it might be too much (or too much for an amateur hack like me to do right)... Still mulling it over... Appreciate the feedback, it helps me a lot.

Should have the inside painting done by tonight; I will post up some pics.

Later,
Patrick

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

4 oz Valspar (about a cup) White and 1.5 oz (3 Tablespoons) of Ford Blue and you'll have Sky Blue/Light Blue Paint. Easy Smeazy!!!!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Okay guys: burned the midnight oil a bit last night and got about 95% of the interior paint done... I few touch-ups still needed (particularly around the low hatch on the stern deck), but here it is:

5_25_13_interiorpaint_3.jpg

Here is the gunwale with a little accent:

5_25_13_interiorpaint.jpg

Rear-view (splashwell is not painted yet):

5_25_13_PAINT-REARVIEW.jpg

Hope to have some time to make good progress over the memorial day weekend... Hope everyone has a blessed weekend, and for those that are traveling, be safe!

PMC