Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Quick update to keep the mob happy... I've been working hard; its just the work is hard to see:

First I basically "bondo-d" out my big dents with marine tex... This was a lot of work (sanding); hence, not many updates lately:

4_27_13_MarineTexsanded.jpg

You can see from this pic that I dis-assembled the very front bow piece... The deck support under there was rotten, so I'm glad I did this; You will also see a coat of expoy down on the decks; you will also see how I sanded the snot out of hatches to make them nice and level with the deck surface.

4_27_13_facingstern.jpg

Putting it back together:

4_27_13_Bowframebeginningreassembly.jpg

Clean up the nose piece and putting some rust inhibitor on the underside:

4_27_13_NosePiecewithrustguard.jpg

All done:

4_27_13_nosepiecefinished.jpg

See next post for more updates..

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

On to other stuff:

Starting to assemble those stern-side gunwale extensions; here is the starboard side; went ahead and installed the bilge exit, because it's a tight squeeze behind there.

4_27_13_Starboardgunwalewithbilge.jpg

Starboard side's done:

4_27_13_Portsidegunwalefinished.jpg

Another view of that (if you look real closely you can see the fiberglass cloth covering the countersunk deck fasteners)

4_27_13_starboardgunwaleview.jpg

Here is the port side

4_27_13_portgunwalefinishedview.jpg

...And here is the view of the boat as she sits tonight:

4_27_13_viewfromfront.jpg

Trooper82

Commander

I say it was worth the wait...great progress update PMC.....work is looking stellar!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Your rolling now Pm ! Looks super good and plenty fish-able !
What's the paint your using on the deck ? The white stuff under the gunwales ? I must have missed it ..

Decker83

Commander

I feel your pain about the sanding.. The hull looks great and when you put on the finish coat it will all be worth it..
The rest of your work is nothing less than fantastic.. Everything looks great..:peace:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Looks great Patrick! You better hurry summer is almost here!

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Lookin good PMC. I really like how your gunwale extensions and splash well worked out. Nice job.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Luuuuuu-KING-guuuuuuD! , Brutha
A few more items to check off the punch list and you can get to some fishing, then start working on that long forgotten go-kart...;)

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

I am enjoying the progress you are making. Very nice work you have going on there :)

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you everyone for stopping by and cheering me on. I really appreciate it. I was I was finished already (the weather is nice and the bite is on), but I just can't rush my way through this...

What's the paint your using on the deck ? The white stuff under the gunwales ? I must have missed it ..

S.P. I am using Rustoeleum gloss white as my base color on the deck. I am going to do some accents with light machine gray (color scheme will look similar to what sleeper-6 did on his runabout conversion). I went ahead and primed and painted those areas under the gunwale extensions, because I knew I was not going to be able to get behind there (at least not easily) once they were installed and I wanted a coating over the epoxy for U.V. reasons, appearance, etc...

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Update time:

So, I washed the boat down and gave her a little bath with diet coke and vinegar solution... (it works):

5_5_13_vinegarbath.jpg

That was followed by a light dusting with etch coat (sorry forgot to snap a pic).

Then, I got busy with some tape on the interior; to explain - I went ahead and taped these areas because they are going to be smooth (no non-skid)... Little accents if you will. These areas will also be a slightly different color when its all said and done.

5_5_13_hatchestaped.jpg

Then, I rolled on some primer with a heavy dose of non-skid on all the flat surfaces; Vertical surfaces will get primed later without non-skid:

5_5_13_nonskidrearview.jpg

Here is another view:

5_5_13_nonskid.jpg

Then, I sprayed on some primer on the exterior of the hull:

5_5_13_primeronhull.jpg

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

As an aside: I am pretty pleased with the way I was able to fair out some of the dock dents with Marine Tex:

We went from this:

4_27_13_MarineTexsanded.jpg

To this:

5_5_13_primerhull2.jpg

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Awesome job on that deck!!!!