Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Hey Patrick, great work! You always liked coke in an aluminum can when you were a kid didn't you? :D Me, I liked the glass bottle, lol!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice job on the front and rear decking pmc ! Are they going to get screwed in place or just the pl ? The gunwale solution looks like it should be good and strong !

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I really appreciate the kind words...Its good motivation (to go along with the weather turning and the fish starting to bite).

Everything I've done to date has been influenced in some form or fashion from someone else's work on here...

S.P. to answer your question, the decks are fastened with both P.L. and counter-sunk stainless steel screws.

Thanks again...

Decker83

Commander

Great looking work PMC.. It's good to see how far your getting on the boat..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Oh, I forgot - I also changed the water pump and impeller:

That really is it, for now.

Awesome work! Very good idea to replace impeller and any water pump parts that look worn. Once my water pump was off I couldn't stand it and had to replace the drive shaft seals as well. Interesting stand you have there for your lower unit. I borrowed a workmate from a friend and clamped it in.

rrumba

Ensign

Hey Patrick,
Nice progress on the sled. Glad to see your water pump and leak are taken care of. Deck is looking good. Keep up the great work and progress my friend.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Hey guys:

Thanks again for the kind words. Not much to report... Been doing a lot of sanding to the deck surfaces, hatches, etc... in preparation for final epoxy and paint... same thing on outside of hull...

This past weekend was more "r & r" than boat work... Little man and I participated in a "fishing rodeo" at the lake where my parents live:

For this:

Robert-Catfish.jpg

He hauled in this bounty:

robert-awards.jpg

I won a little something too, which was icing on the cake...

Hopefully, I'll post up some progress this week.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Jr's face is classic, looks like he's hoisting up a Toyota, awesome, congrats to the both of ya!:first:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Congrats to the both of you!
That there looks like he hauled up a monster, from here it looks like it musta weighed 12-15 pounds!:eek:
What is that a channel cat...?
Awesome score on the prize package!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Congrats to you both on the WIN! :cool:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Wow ! Nice Catfish ! It,s bigger than the trout in your avatar . :D That,s one your son will always remember.
Now ya got me itchin to go wet a line !:fish2:

Trooper82

Commander

Nice catch!

One of my favorite types of fish to catch...

glad you had a good weekend!

Decker83

Commander

WOW what awesome pics of you and your son.. It doesn't get much better than this..:clap2:
Make sure you hang onto the pics for when he gets older..
Have a great week..
BTW don't you love the sanding..:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys... It was a fun time for sure...
Gus, I think it was a "blue" cat... The channels (best table fare of the group) are a little lighter (with spots)... Its amazing how something so ugly can taste so good...

I am excited about trying to finish up this boat project and hope to be able to show you guys some good progress in the next couple of weeks...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

:flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

yeah, yeah, I hear you Mr. Flying Pigs...

Progress has been slow - I've epoxied all the deck surfaces and covered the joints (and countersunk deck screws) with fiberglass cloth... If anyone ever wants to remove this deck in the future, they are going to cuss me (good luck finding the screws) :).

I'll post up a couple of pics tonight.

Later,
rpm

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Just got caught up on your thread. Doing some really good work. Looking forward to following along and borrowing some of your ideas for my project. The fishing derby pictures are worth a million bucks. Now get back to work!:lol:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I've epoxied all the deck surfaces and covered the joints (and countersunk deck screws) with fiberglass cloth... If anyone ever wants to remove this deck in the future, they are going to cuss me (good luck finding the screws) :).

There's a guy named Murphy that likes to come around and visit people that do things like this to themselves yanno.:faint2:

Surely you won't scrap this one too if that happens eh?