1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

JDA, now you need a loom so next year all your iBoats buddies can get Skeeter xmas socks! :D Thunderbirds & Mustangs are good too..... If ya really get antsy to sew this winter, I'm sure my wife would LOVE a red & white Glastron FireFlite set!:eek: I'd have to fill it w/ shiny baubles, precious metals & gemstones but...........................

What my crew really want to know is how are you at flameless firestarting & how many hot dogs can you cook at 1 time w/ no ash drops-ies?

You sir, are officially now a multi-talented boat restoration ex-pert! Exactly what does a former pert like yourself like to do when he's not 'glassing, fabbing, or sewing...... If it's quilting or home redecorating, don't feel obligated to reply:rolleyes:......

Have a good week & look forward to seeing your 1st post of some upholstery work! Check w/ WOG, but I think a quick pass w/ a heat gun will help w/ some wrinkles. His is the last upholstery info I read, but it may have been another's post.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

lol JB, I am far from anything expert....I like to learn new things, so have a lot of skills, but far from expert...I say Jack of all trades, but master of none...I can get by with my work, but wouldn't pass the professional test. This is my first time doing this stuff so a lot of mistakes will be made along the way lol.

Wood thanks, I did find the thread there, found some forest green color too, which I will need in some areas...again with plans that I am not sure will work lol

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

JDA...been lurking on your resto...very awesome, that boat is turning out great! I just wanted to add some input on the interior vinyl as I just purchased new helm seats and vinyl from www.veada.com they are great to work with and have everything you'll need (+ free shipping).

I am a hands on guy and after watching hours of youtube vidoes and getting quotes for a new interior I decided to do it all my self...I have never sewed and have never cut patterns!

I posted and inserted a link rather than "hi-jack" your post!

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=529009&p=3599013#post3599013

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Thanks for the link, and taking the time to add your input to my thread. I did absolutely nothing on the boat today, the old man that lives across the street had asked me to install some software on his computer...software was on DVD and he only had a CD-ROM, apon further examination I found he was using a 750MHZ pentium, with 256 MB RAM and a 13 Gig hard drive....broke the news that this wont work! He knew I built my own machines so asked me to build him one, went and bought the parts and now he has himself a dual core 3 GHZ with 8 Gig of RAM and a TB of Hard disk space...poor guy is gonna be bored now because what took him an hour to browse before will only take 10 seconds! so he will have to find something to do for the other 59 minutes and 50 seconds....

jbcurt00

Staff member

I have that chat w/ my father-in-law about his machine crashing regularly. But he's not 'ready'...:confused: to upgrade to a modern 1TB 8GB ram anything..... LOVES his VCR.... Can't understand why nobody still rents VHS movies... Anyway....

I'm sure the Skeeter & you can come up with a good 59 minute project you maight need an extra hand or 2....:)

Have a good end to the week. I look forward to some quality time between me, the grinder & the FireFlite this weekend!:cool:

fmjnax

Chief Petty Officer

A bit off topic here, but how is your license plate attached to your trailer Judge? Mine was jury rigged with some aluminum brackets to the vertical post of the side bunks. I was never a fan of it and I'm trying to figure out what other options I might have. So far a Google search hasn't been of much help, and with our rigs quite similar I figured maybe I could get some ideas based on how yours is set up. :)

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

I?m shocked to find you did not work on the boat. I figured the way you have been working, she would already have the new vinyl installed and your first; (well second actually) cold one sitting in the cup holder.:D
dave:D

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I used the plate bracket that came with the tail lights, one of the tail lights will have the plate light on the bottom and put the bracket on that one...I reversed them and put the plate light facing up because with the plate under it was scratching my trailer rail....

you can see it in this picture

IMG_3836.jpg

I am not real sure I like the bracket because it is made of plastic, and I would hate to lose my plate, Arkansas is a permanent plate state on trailers so 50 bucks and its done for life...unless you lose your plate then its another 50 bucks lol

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I better not do any work today...it is Friday the 13th, and it started out so well...had my monthly infusion this morning, when I got to hospital, it was so cold my wheel chair lift in the back of my truck was frozen and wouldn't move, so I hobbled in with the crutches, My nurse was playing rookie, and missed 3 perfectly good veins in her attempt to start my IV...this is like my 30th infusion with her, and she never misses! Then on the way home the check engine light in my truck turned on....18K miles...WTF lol....Anyhow with my luck I better not be picking up any power tools!

bear_69cuda

Commander

I better not do any work today...it is Friday the 13th, and it started out so well...had my monthly infusion this morning, when I got to hospital, it was so cold my wheel chair lift in the back of my truck was frozen and wouldn't move, so I hobbled in with the crutches, My nurse was playing rookie, and missed 3 perfectly good veins in her attempt to start my IV...this is like my 30th infusion with her, and she never misses! Then on the way home the check engine light in my truck turned on....18K miles...WTF lol....Anyhow with my luck I better not be picking up any power tools!

Sorry you had a bad day my brutha...

Tomorrow is a new day, and I hope you'll be able to make some progress... Check engine lights are usually simple things like O2 sensors...

Peace bro~

jbcurt00

Staff member

My wife's vehicle took 3 attempts to resolve the check engine light, turned out to be a 'bad' seal on the gas cap. Didn't even have to replace the cap, just remove it & reinstall making sure to rotate through 3 'clicks'......:facepalm:

Bitter cold here too.

Looks like a great day to view the world from inside in a comfortable chair, near a real wood fireplace w/ your favorite kid, critter or significant other!

Have a great weekend...

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Vinyl, thread and needles all on their way...160 bucks isn't too bad to redo all my seats, and it should keep me pretty busy for a bit waiting for weather to warm up

jbcurt00

Staff member

Especially when that's about what you'd pay someone else to do 1! Hang a shingle & we'll all send you our seats to be recovered. Congrats! Forward ho for progress!

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Especially when that's about what you'd pay someone else to do 1! Hang a shingle & we'll all send you our seats to be recovered. Congrats! Forward ho for progress!

I think it would cost me more than 160 bucks to have someone else do a full set of customs seats....or I hope so anyways because if not I shoulda had someone else do them lol

Finished dry fitting the foam, small modifications but overall fit good

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

And it is pretty comfy to boot!

IMG_3869.jpg

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Nevermind....I misread your comment JB...you said to do 1! I thought ya meant the whole shabang lol

jbcurt00

Staff member

Cable internet's slower in the snow?!?!?!:confused:

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hope you are feelin less bad...
definitely a great price for a boat interior... I've been seeing guys gettin estimates in the thousand PLUS ++ range to get their interiors done...most assuredly a bargain Basement price for what I am sure will be top drawer workmanship...
And a huge PLUS 1 on jb's suggestion to check your gas cap 1st!!! Make sure its on tight...
As Always, best regards...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hey who's that Good Lookin guy in Judge's boat?????:eek: