1982 GW, 24' Project (UPDATED W/PICS)

LX Kid

Ensign
Re: 1982 GW, 24' Project (UPDATED W/PICS)

My new fuse holders, eye bolt and in-line blower, (for the engine compartment), came yesterday. Hope I can squeeze in a little time today to do a few things to my "vortex drain hole that only gobbles money in $100 bill denominations!" LoL Well my three week project in now on it's seventh week and keeps on tricking me into thinking the end is near. Still all considered, without my son's help this would have been a three to six month job. In the anticipation of the moment of launch, I did find a couple of Penn Sennator 6/0 Rod combo's that followed me home. My gandaughter and I sit on the bow and dream of the "slimmy scaled creatures" that are going to find their way into the cooler! Ha Ron

FreeBeeTony

Captain

When are you going to launch???

I saw your post on iboats also.............looking forward to comparing notes on our performance.

Good luck...........really looks great!

LX Kid

Ensign

Well, I thought I'd launch about three weeks ago! I found out that with boats it's not when "you" want to launch, it's when the "boat" decides you've put enough money into it's bilges and "she" will let you know when to take "her" to the boat ramp!!!!!! Just one more house mortgage should do it! Oh yeh, I just thought I'd let ya'll know that I have not even begun to do the inside cudy cabin yet. Oh well, you really don't do any fishing from inside there anyhow! LoL Ron

FreeBeeTony

Captain

At least you're in Fla and don't have to worry about the weather!

And the other post I saw of yours was on GreatGrady..........:)

LX Kid

Ensign

Yes "FBT" I answered your last post to me on the other forum and also asked for more info on your boat. The other forum is a good one but there is very little activity there and sometimes I forget to check for replies. Thanks, Ron

LX Kid

Ensign

"WOULD'NT YOU KNOW IT!" Today I could have devoted all day to work on the boat and now it's supposed to rain all day! Sure would be nice if I had a place to work that is covered. Guess I could start reworking the switch/fuse panel though. Have correct fuse holders to switch out from the other new ones that won't work.

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hi there boat is looking good and I been trying to start my little paint project but lately the weather dont help I have everything ready as soon I start I will post pictures, by the way try to fix the cabin because when you out there fishing you can seat and relax and hide from the sun keep the good work.

LX Kid

Ensign

Hello Betayv. Thanks for the support. Did you get your steering problem resolved? Ron

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

"WOULD'NT YOU KNOW IT!" Today I could have devoted all day to work on the boat and now it's supposed to rain all day! Sure would be nice if I had a place to work that is covered. Guess I could start reworking the switch/fuse panel though. Have correct fuse holders to switch out from the other new ones that won't work.
Sure would be nice if I had a place to work that is covered also! I never wanted a garage until I started my boat project. Well at least the temp is on your side down there in Tampa, up here in VA I'm trying to hurry to fix my motor before it freezes up.

LX Kid

Ensign

Just keeping this post alive. Been "sooooooo coooooold!" Can you imagine, it got "way down in the upper 40's" the last couple of nights and in the "70's" during the days! How's a guy going to get anything done in those artic temperatures? LoL Did a little of "this and that" and as a matter of fact I can't even remember what they were. Been very busy, all week, taking my pa-in-law to doctor appointments and no real time to start working on the boat. "What's a guy to do?" I did find time to go fishing a couple of hours though. Really like my new Penn 113HLW. It cast better than my level winds with no back lashes! Ron

BigJ08

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just keeping this post alive. Been "sooooooo coooooold!" Can you imagine, it got "way down in the upper 40's" the last couple of nights and in the "70's" during the days! How's a guy going to get anything done in those artic temperatures? LoL Did a little of "this and that" and as a matter of fact I can't even remember what they were. Been very busy, all week, taking my pa-in-law to doctor appointments and no real time to start working on the boat. "What's a guy to do?" I did find time to go fishing a couple of hours though. Really like my new Penn 113HLW. It cast better than my level winds with no back lashes! Ron

I Know what you mean about the weather. I'm about and hour east and south of you in Highlands county. I've also had a hard time getting out on the boat (tend to get wet loading and unloading:D). By the way I like your boat, been following it for a while. Just waiting to see pics of it out on the water.:)
PS. What did you use to paint the topside? Thanks.

jcsercsa

Captain

Hahaha sorry guys ,but i will trade yea ,going to 28 tonight here and a high of 55 tomorrow !!! John

LX Kid

Ensign

Thanks John and BigJ08. I used Rust-Oleum "Topside" for the gunwale, bow, floor and cudy cabin. Ron

BigJ08

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's the paint I was considering to do my boat this winter. It seems like it has worked pretty good for you, so I think I go ahead and get some. Just curious, did you use the primer or just sand and paint. Thanks for the information. :)

Never mind about the primer, I just read back in the thread and realized that you didn't use the primer.:D

LX Kid

Ensign

Hey BigJ08! I just sent you a private mail about painting. Ron

BigJ08

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey BigJ08! I just sent you a private mail about painting. Ron

Uh, I think your pm might have gotten lost somewhere along the line, as I haven't received it yet. Though I don't know much about the private message system.:confused:

MERIT6419

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wheres The Pics Guys I Would Love To See Some Updated Pics Of What You Got Done So Far

LX Kid

Ensign

Just finished sanding, preping and painting the "dash," if that's what you call it. Thought I would post a couple of pics but the forum won't allow pictures
of my file size???????? My camera is set at it's lowest setting (VGA) and has taken them before but not now! Hmmmmmmmm! What's sup with dat? Or is that "Wat's sup?" Either way, what's wrong with my efforts to post pictures? Guess I'll never be very "Hip." Ron

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/LX_Kid/Boat/S6001182.jpg

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

Just finished sanding, preping and painting the "dash," if that's what you call it. Thought I would post a couple of pics but the forum won't allow pictures
of my file size???????? My camera is set at it's lowest setting (VGA) and has taken them before but not now! Hmmmmmmmm! What's sup with dat? Or is that "Wat's sup?" Either way, what's wrong with my efforts to post pictures? Guess I'll never be very "Hip." Ron

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/LX_Kid/Boat/S6001182.jpg

S6001182.jpg

ur picts up, das was up Ron!

Looks good, nice work. :)