1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Jas,...

I was looking at MAZILLAS tracker thread and it looks like he made his own homemade windscreen,...

He might have some pointers if yous decide to try to form your own,...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Looking great Jas! I just spent the last few hours reading the entire thread and anxiously await splash day.

Congrats on the two new beautiful girls in your life!

Maybe 'Kate' should be a part of the boat name...

Hey brewern, glad you are on board man! Yah, I'm really looking forward to that day to man:D

Jas,...

I was looking at MAZILLAS tracker thread and it looks like he made his own homemade windscreen,...

He might have some pointers if yous decide to try to form your own,...

I'll check that out. I've got a windshield on the way from one of the other iboats members. I'm not entirely sure it'll actually work till it gets here. I need to get that figured pretty quick though!

Great news this morning! The compressor works:D I dunno if it just wiggled loose and got unplugged or has some sort of overheat protection switch or what but it ran this morning. Cash saved, whew:redface:

Went to work on hatch covers this morning too. I'll get some photos up after I get a little further along.

Have a great weekend all:)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

So the "S"-word is sposed to be THIS WEEK...7/8...? or did I read it backwards...:rolleyes:

Looking at my timeline for Sea Trial, not realistic now, there's just no way. I think I need to bump it back by one week. So, the week of 7/8 is now my goal to get this boat tested.

Nope, didn't read it backwards...

Man, you are going to be one seriously busy hombre the next few days...:eek:...

Hmmmm...wiring, rigging, hanging the motor, finding a place for the batteries...and then some...

Awww, you can do it! Just stock up on coffee and give up sleeping...

bear_69cuda

Commander

Brutha Jas,

Frigging awesome dood! I love the milky finish!

Have a great weekend, I hope to have the Imperial painted by Sunday...

Peace!

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Please, please do not mention Battery's Do not have time for that discussion!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA, Keep it up bro!

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Looking good Jas'. can't believe what you been getting done in this heat. For the non-Michiganders, it's been 95-104 for like 3 weeks now, with no rain.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

So the "S"-word is sposed to be THIS WEEK...7/8...? or did I read it backwards...:rolleyes:

Nope, didn't read it backwards...

Man, you are going to be one seriously busy hombre the next few days...:eek:...

Hmmmm...wiring, rigging, hanging the motor, finding a place for the batteries...and then some...

Awww, you can do it! Just stock up on coffee and give up sleeping...

I was doing the same math yesterday as I was driving back to the yard only to see Jas already doubting himself. Went to quote something about sea trial the day before leaving but couldn't find it so maybe he manned up, edited, and is out rigging it with that fancy new Extreme so he can go for a ride on the promised 7/8. :D

Ok now for the serious,

Congrats on the new niece!

Nothing shows better progress than a fresh coat of white paint, looks good Jas. No more progress pics til tomorrow night. Then you can do the super post about all the rigging you did and finish with the splash pics from the trial. :p

GO JAS GO!!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Ah sheesh fellas, there is no way this thing is going to Sea Trial this week:redface::facepalm: I'm trying but like DJ said, the heat/humidity monkeyed with my schedule a little, I think it contributed some to my drips in my paint job too, rats! Family duties bumped me some.

Man I have so much to do!

I suppose if I had a few FULL days to work on er I could get there but, ah, yah, that aint happenen.

I think the best I can get is a Sea Trial the week of the 15th really. And that'll be just like bare bones functional boat. Hopefully just in time to take off for vacation.

I can see a lot of easier/quicker jobs that can be handled but the biggies I think are:

1) T&T swap job, general maintenance, clean/paint the Evinrude

2) All the rigging, electrical, plumb, yada - very time consuming

3) Splashwell mod and install

4) The whole stern deck/bench/hatch set up. This is going the crux of the whole project I think. I'm pretty sure this part will have to wait till after as I can see me fitting it in the schedule.

I only have two weeks:eek:

(by the way, batt placement will be easy on this rig:p:D)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh yah, I got a video for you guys.

Teleflex EXTREME Steering System

Step #1, secure the box, don't get eaten...

:D

Kroussin

Seaman

no new posts yet hope you didnt get eaten.

Awsome sense of humor. keeps things intresting

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

NO JAS DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!! They feed them at the factory before shipping how else do you think mere cardboard can contain them? Now that it's had a week to get hungry you'll never survive man.

Insert appropriate smiley here.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Now, that was good humor.... :D

Quit clowning and get back to work.... (assuming the honey badger didn't get you)...

jbcurt00

Staff member

:facepalm:

Nice camera work Felini, now as PMC said: "Get back to work!".

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good stuff Jas. Hope you're still alive.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks, I needed that...Good for about a 5 minute belly busting laugh...:D

dozerII

Admiral

That was freakin funny Jas, love it. keep on keepin on, you will make it.:D

BonairII

Commander

Oh yah, I got a video for you guys.

Teleflex EXTREME Steering System

Step #1, secure the box, don't get eaten...

:D

After seeing that video...........it's very apparent that you've been painting in an area without proper ventilation for an
EXTREMEly long time.

:p

s freud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That was wicked funny. You had me at "puma." I also like the cliffhanger ending.

jcupo6

Chief Petty Officer

Rumor has it the box was actually puma free, but JAS accidentally knocked over both ferns in the scuffle. Wife found out and JAS was never heard from again.... On iBoats that is....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Ok, I'm good guys. Box is secure, no Puma. I did end up trashing a fern but had some 5200 on hand for the repair so we are all set there too. Just don't tell Jen;)

And yah, way too much paint fumes lately! But I didn't need to tell you guys eh!

I had a marathon sanding session with hatch covers and moved 4 trailer loads of wood, I'm wiped.

Status
Not open for further replies.