1976 Tom Boy Boat, 1976 40 HP Johnson Outboard and who knows what Trailer

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Way toooooooooooooooooo complicated for me.. Lost you at Raster Blaster Master Craster Lobster
Looks Great though.:)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Way toooooooooooooooooo complicated for me.. Lost you at Raster Blaster Master Craster Lobster
Looks Great though.:)

Oh not that difficult. You just design your panel like you want it to look with any program you like. Then print it out and take it to a trophy shop and they will do all the rest. I just happen to have all the items needed to do it at home. They is a long story behind why we have that equipment. But that is another story for some other time.

oldrem

Commander
I've been using Corel Draw since it first came out, though never upgraded past version 12. I never new that about it! Could have just given the engraver the file :blue:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I've been using Corel Draw since it first came out, though never upgraded past version 12. I never new that about it! Could have just given the engraver the file :blue:

Yea, we have Corel Draw X3. However, they decided to use a date as a stopping point for everybody, and if you didn't buy their new version, it became useless. However, the old desktop computer we used for that engraver, was so old anyway that I just went in and back dated the time and date and it still works. If I ever decided to do anymore production type work on the LASER engraver, I will up date everything including buying a new desktop and the latest Corel Draw version. But honestly, it hardly ever gets turned on anymore. I still make gaskets for vehicle usage and occasionally some label plates for around the shop and house, but that is maybe once a yard now if that.

I found out that if you need a gasket and can take the part and scan it on a flat bed scanner, you can then transfer that to the Corel Draw and run it to the LASER engraver and you have a perfect gasket. I've done that now for a lot of special gaskets that were hard to find. And you can even take the old gasket and piece it together on the scanner and do the same thing. When you transfer it to Corel Draw, you simply fill in the blank areas and it work great.

The LASER engraver still works great, but we just don't make much for others anymore because of the time and just don't want to do it now. Yea, getting older and really don't need deadlines and complaints.

I attached a picture of it. It is pretty large with a large bed capability for big projects.

Attachments

• photo302675.jpg
    photo302675.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
2jt4cv.jpg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Seriously though GM, those panels look absolutely awesome!

Ha, where did you get my picture?

Thanks for the kind words. I am beginning to think I made this little fishing boat too nice with all the extras I put on it. Being a mere stick steering setup, it is way over designed with fancy extras that honestly should have never been incorporated it such a simplistic setup boat. I could see all these extras on a really nice bass type boat, but really on this type boat, it is over kill. But that is now water under the bridge. See what I did there... :facepalm:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well today I get to clean up all the branches that came down as Hurricane Michael came through last night and throughout the early morning. Amazing how many branches decided they had enough hanging in the tree and let go. While I haven't seen any serious damage, I do have a ton of debris to clean up now. We got over 3 inches, almost 4 if my rain gauge is working right, along with some high winds. But doesn't seem like anything hit our house or the shop. So I guess I'll be working on clean up today. Yeah.... :facepalm:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yesterday, and even some of today, is storm cleanup time. And like usual, I pick up the chainsaw to help cut up and clear the branches, and it doesn't start. :facepalm:

So I picked up the branches that didn't need cutting and even mowed over the leafs and such. Pretty much cleaned most of the yard up good. But I still have to cut up the larger branches. So off comes the carb to see what's the problem. I changed all the fuel lines because one was leaking more fuel then it was passing to the carb. That fixed the leak, but not the "no start" issue. And it took some clever doing to get those fuel lines into the tank. The typical diagonal cut fuel line and some longer hemostats saved the day with them after many tries. :D Seems the chainsaw doesn't get used so much and when you do need to use it, it needs something done to it before it will run.:facepalm:

So I hope to get that chainsaw running and finish the storm clean up today. Maybe even get some work done on the boat... :bounce:

You all have a great day...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Glad to hear no big pines landed on the back fence this time .. :rolleyes:
You could always just leave them be and let the termites mulch em up for ya !
HaHa not a chance ! I’ve seen the yard ...Not a blade of grass out of place ! ;)
If you dont do much chainsawing you might by an electric one ... Then you could let it sit for as long as you want ...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I had to drive to Tallahassee to help ,my stranded son in law...Quincy to be exact, wasn't pretty, glad to hear you guys made it through ok besides some downed shrubbery:)

Tnstratofam

Commander
Been away a while myself GM. I am always impressed by your skills.You are moving along nicely.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Glad to hear no big pines landed on the back fence this time .. :rolleyes:
You could always just leave them be and let the termites mulch em up for ya !
HaHa not a chance ! I’ve seen the yard ...Not a blade of grass out of place ! ;)
If you dont do much chainsawing you might by an electric one ... Then you could let it sit for as long as you want ...

Well, After cleaning up some fallen branches and leaves, I did have a tree branch fall on the back fence. However, it wasn't from the golf course, like usual. It actually came off an old hardwood that the wind broke a larger branch and it had to hit the fence. But I am so familiar with repairing that fence now, that the fence and I are old buddies these days. :rolleyes:

I have to say life is so funny. I was using my old Poulan pro chainsaw and it stopped running and I couldn't get it to crank again. Sooooo I took the carb off and decided the carb AND the fuel lines needed cleaned and fuel lines replaced. Wow that was interesting. Changing those fuel lines is a project all in itself. Of course I cut the line diagonally and with some hemostats I eventually got them all changes. And I disassembled the carb, but couldn't see anything wrong. I used the usual carb spray and air and re-assembed it again. But that saw would not even think of cranking. So working on it for two days, on and off, I decided to check for spark. I know I should have checked that first, but I did have a fuel line leaking and thought that was the problem. And there was NO spark, not with the plug or a spark tester either. So I ohmed out the coil and it seem to read resistance like I though it should. But still no spark. :confused:

So I decided to buy a new coil at one of the local yard equipment places and they didn't have one or ever going to get one since it was a Poulan and they were a Stihl dealer. So I decided that since my old saw was a 2009 model and a Poulan, I bought a new Stihl chainsaw.

Oh I was excited to get it home and use it. Well that excited feeling dwindled pretty quick. I bet I pulled that rope at least 50 times (off and on, I am not as gung ho as I used to be) and not one sound of any firing. And the dealer actually filled it up with fuel and bar oil and fired it up at the store. I pulled some more, with the choke in every possible carb setting, with nothing. Then I read the owners manual and it stated that if it didn't crank, to remove the plug and dry it out and reinstall again. I did that and yes the plug was wet. I clean it off and put it back in and It fired up.

So the funny part is I couldn't get the Poulan to crank and bought a new Stihl and it didn't crank. Life is so strange somethings. :lol:

You just have to laugh some times! I mean what else can you do. :pound:

I even attached a couple pictures of my new lawn mower I got a few months back. An amazing machine...

Attachments

• photo302838.jpg
    photo302838.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo302839.jpg
    photo302839.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo302840.jpg
    photo302840.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0
  • photo302841.jpg
    photo302841.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0

oldrem

Commander
That's one reason my only gas chainsaw sits while I use my 3 electrics. Lots of torque, quiet, no gas and they always start :) Just use long extension cords when I'm cutting in my woods.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! Nice mower ! Basically a Gravely with a different name .. 52” ?
Zero turns are so much fun use !

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! Nice mower ! Basically a Gravely with a different name .. 52” ?
Zero turns are so much fun use !

Yes it is basically a Gravely. Or I should say Gravely's are Ariens. Seems Ariens makes Gravely. The only difference is the colors. How do I know that? Because the paperwork and user's manual stated both Zero Turn machines manufactured at the Ariens facility. Ariens is Orange while Gravely uses Red. We have a Gravely dealer in town, but their cost were almost a full $1000 dollars higher for the exact same Ariens machine. So you can guess which one we went for, and it is 52". I really like it and how easy it is to mow the yard now. We ordered it online. They shipped it straight from the manufacture to our house and then lowered it down with a hydraulic lift gate off the tractor trailer and wheeled it to our breeze way. Then I un-crated it and had to attach the handles and a foot plate and of course connect the battery. Pretty simple and for about a $1000 dollars cheaper, who wouldn't? I would have never thought such a mower could cut any smoother then my old Craftsman 42", but it does. The lawn looks like a flat level carpet now. :D

I actually cut the yard a lot quicker and sometimes look for the neighbor's yard to see if theirs needs cut. It really is fun to use. :laugh:

I ordered some more hardware to finish up the panels for the boat, and get that carpet installed. And now I got those parts in. Back at it tomorrow...I hope!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep I purchased a Gravely 42 couple years ago .. Same model ArIens was 300 bucks less .. Got it from a dealer that’s been doing business here for around 35 years with a good reputation for customer service . Just figured it was worth a little more for that . I liked the full engine guard and full rubber mat the Gravely had ..
But your right it takes so much less time to cut the grass now compared to the reg lawn tractor ..
Only draw back is it gets a little tricky cutting down the ditch line on a slope ..:eek:
Nearly put it in the ditch once ..