1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Nice job on the trailer Glen the boat sits in it really nice and should make it easy to tow and climb in and out.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

wow does that ever look nice on the trailer just about makes that trailer shine, looks like it fits real nice on there too, you must be getting excited, was on another site the other day and a guy just got his new boat and first day he had it in the gradge he sat there till midnight admiring it your getting to do lots off that lately... Enjoy..:cool:

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks everyone, another big job out of the way. I will probably touch up the paint on the cross members and fenders, jut cuz they look so bad.
Today is on to trim pump and wiring.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

just another day slaving away, hard for you to even get up in the morning and have to go work on your art project...:focus: if your like me nobody is even sick off hearing about the boat LOL...

Last edited:

InMotion

Commander

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! Man that looks great up on the trailer ---- some serious bling there man!!!! Nice work on getting the engine back in there and on to the last little bits!!!

Soft water should be here by June... so you will have plenty of time to admire and chill!!!!

Have a great day!

Jim

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Are you for real dude???? do you by chance have an adamantium-plated skeletal structure? :noidea:

Onthetrailer012_zps06f8dcd3.jpg

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks guys, with the next warm up scheduled for the weather we should have some soft water in a couple of weeks. I'm kinda thinking I would like to be ready, we will see.
BF, no abnormal skeletal make up here, just lots of time pre-planning over a wobbly pop or two and then a day or so to implement. I'm pretty sure from experience though the key is to shut off the wobbly pops prior to the point I can't remember what I planned.:facepalm:

dozerII

Admiral

A little more progress, there were trim strips on the side panels that covered the rivets that hold them to the shelf. The inserts in these were wood grain and looked like carp. I painted them red to match the rest and much better.

Also started on the pin stripping.

InMotion

Commander

Really like the red accents man and pinstiping... wicked!

Really is getting close isn't it?!!! :D

J.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Nice details right there buddy:encouragement:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Wonderful work Glen, wish I had half your abilities! Some of us just schulb along doing the best we can and then there's guys like you who rise above the rank and file average tin heads.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Dang Glen! You're making the rest of us look like mentally challenged turtles! :wacko:

The only thing missing is the reflection of an Islander on her hull :biggrin1:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

:thumb: :D :thumb: :D :thumb: :D I can't come up with words.

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Looks fantastic! Its all about the skills, and you have them. Nice shop too! I see splash happening soon.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks again everyone, a little here and a little there. Working on the dog house today, thought I could reuse the old one, ya right stapled together with no glue real cheap ply with tons of voids. I guess we will start again.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Can't wait to see the finished product. Be sure to share some tips and how to's on the pup tent, my iron is going to be poking it's head out of the deck pretty soon. I will be needed some ideas and help on that, never done one before.

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

excellent bling dozer. the trim on sides and pinstripe really look great, and yet not to much. you sir are a tough act to follow , but give a guy great inspiration, and the need to go the distance on my own project. doin a good job on the barley pops and planning part, not so sure on how the execution is going to go. i may have missed it but what did you decide on the rear end. more plate?

dozerII

Admiral

Can't wait to see the finished product. Be sure to share some tips and how to's on the pup tent, my iron is going to be poking it's head out of the deck pretty soon. I will be needed some ideas and help on that, never done one before.

Thanks H2O, ideas to follow.

excellent bling dozer. the trim on sides and pinstripe really look great, and yet not to much. you sir are a tough act to follow , but give a guy great inspiration, and the need to go the distance on my own project. doin a good job on the barley pops and planning part, not so sure on how the execution is going to go. i may have missed it but what did you decide on the rear end. more plate?

Thanks cc. Not sure on the Diamond plate for the rear deck till after the doghouse is installed.

Here's the new dog house waiting for the glue to dry so I can final sand and spar varnish. I used 1/2"Arucca with 3/4" 15 ply Baltic Birch for the shelf and joint reinforcement, Gorilla glue and brads for the joints.

Clearance check.

The horizontal area in the front will have 3 rod holders and two cup holders.