1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Oh man that looks great! :thumb:

You do know that boat will be far better than anyone could hope to get brand new from the factory.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Showoff! :):D And I don't blame you. :joyous:

Gonna look great with the cup and rod holders. You're really gettin' good with this upholstery stuff, too. :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral

Well that sure turned out good Glen. 1 day closer to open water:eagerness:

real classy there doz, gonna look great on the water

Oh man that looks great! :thumb:

You do know that boat will be far better than anyone could hope to get brand new from the factory.

Showoff! :):D And I don't blame you. :joyous:

Gonna look great with the cup and rod holders. You're really gettin' good with this upholstery stuff, too. :thumb:

Thanks Guys it's far from perfect, I don't know how many boats it takes to learn this upholstery stuff, it is definitely the most challenging part of the build. I had some real issues with the black piping on the edges, as I don't have the proper attachment for the sewing machine..
I'm thinking with the Diamond plate in the dog house putting some on the rear deck would be just too much???

GA_Boater

Any more of the shiny diamond plate and you better update your cup holder order to add a new pair of Foster Grants. :D

I agree the rear deck plate might be over the top. She's just right as she sits IMHO.

dozerII

Admiral

Any more of the shiny diamond plate and you better update your cup holder order to add a new pair of Foster Grants. :D

I agree the rear deck plate might be over the top. She's just right as she sits IMHO.

Thanks GA, my opinion as well, as it is with the sun in the wrong spot and a guys going to need an auto darkening welding helmet :laugh:

InMotion

Commander

Looks wicked.... if you have an extra piece of diamond plate lying around... place it on top and snap a picture... I'd be curious to see what it looks like for giggles! :)

Looks awesome. This one's a keeper for sure...

J.

GA_Boater

Thanks GA, my opinion as well, as it is with the sun in the wrong spot and a guys going to need an auto darkening welding helmet :laugh:

Now that's thinkin'. And you won't need as much sun screen on your nose. LOL

Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Really nice Glen, you really followed through with the diamond plate beautifully.

fogducker1

Cadet

Amazing I check every morning for your updates and send the pics to the Admiral. You should give up the propane and go work for Starcraft engineering. You never mentioned a livewell?? If you were to put one in where would you put it?? Just fishin :)

dozerII

Admiral

Looks wicked.... if you have an extra piece of diamond plate lying around... place it on top and snap a picture... I'd be curious to see what it looks like for giggles! :)

Looks awesome. This one's a keeper for sure...

J.

Thanks Jim, Keeper for sure, this one I already know how it performs.

Now that's thinkin'. And you won't need as much sun screen on your nose. LOL

Never thought of the sunscreen angle. :rolleyes:

Really nice Glen, you really followed through with the diamond plate beautifully.

Thanks John

Amazing I check every morning for your updates and send the pics to the Admiral. You should give up the propane and go work for Starcraft engineering. You never mentioned a livewell?? If you were to put one in where would you put it?? Just fishin :)

Thanks FD, can't leave where I'm at I'd never be able to afford another hanger. LOL, Livewell well is removable. I have Coleman cooler with an 8"round hole cut in the top off to one side with a hinged cutting board lid over it. I use a Mr Bubbles to aerate the water, works great. When we get back to camp we just lift the cooler out and haul the fish right to the cleaning station, no trying to catch them in the live well.

InMotion

Commander

Livewell well is removable. I have Coleman cooler with an 8"round hole cut in the top off to one side with a hinged cutting board lid over it. I use a Mr Bubbles to aerate the water, works great. When we get back to camp we just lift the cooler out and haul the fish right to the cleaning station, no trying to catch them in the live well.

Great way to do it... that way if any bear come around, they only tear apart an $80 cooler not a $5 million dollar boat!!!! :D
Good idea though... nice and easy.

J.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Who knew, all we had to do was let him win the SOTY one year, and have him lose a close neck & neck SOTY w/ another Canadian the next year & BAM!!,

He pulls ALL THE STOPS.........

May be an awfully high mark to beat. And of course we'll only expect even better on the next one Glen.

During recovery from a cardiac event no less :facepalm:

Looks great, extremely nice work! Well done sir, exceptionally well done.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Tons of complicated work done buddy, awesome!:encouragement:

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Stellar my man. Definitely got the the eyeballs drooling.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

SHUT

UP!

doghousefinished005_zps28abdafe.jpg

You've got MAD SKILZ Glen...MAD SKILZ!

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I gotta ask how you did your bilge air plumbing. It looks like you used 2 blower motors on the transom and 2 fresh air ducts on the rear gunnels.

dozerII

Admiral

Great way to do it... that way if any bear come around, they only tear apart an $80 cooler not a $5 million dollar boat!!!! :D
Good idea though... nice and easy.

J.

Who knew, all we had to do was let him win the SOTY one year, and have him lose a close neck & neck SOTY w/ another Canadian the next year & BAM!!,

He pulls ALL THE STOPS.........

May be an awfully high mark to beat. And of course we'll only expect even better on the next one Glen.

During recovery from a cardiac event no less :facepalm:

Looks great, extremely nice work! Well done sir, exceptionally well done.

Tons of complicated work done buddy, awesome!:encouragement:

Stellar my man. Definitely got the the eyeballs drooling.

SHUT

UP!

You've got MAD SKILZ Glen...MAD SKILZ!

Thanks again everyone.

I gotta ask how you did your bilge air plumbing. It looks like you used 2 blower motors on the transom and 2 fresh air ducts on the rear gunnels.

Not done with the venting yet but I have a plan. I started another thread on blowers in the "boat topics forum" that turned into a bit of a debate, but I did the answers I needed. The two that face front will just be ducted to the top of the transom. The two rear facing ones, the Starboard side will get an inline blower and ducted down to the bilge and the Port side will just get ducted down to the bilge.

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

AWESOME Work dood!!!!! this thing looks like a new dern boat!!!! Let me know when your are done.. I'll come help take it off your hands!! hehe!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

How about a mock up with the plate on the cover and snapping an overall shot for us foaming at the mouth tin junkies?

dozerII

Admiral

AWESOME Work dood!!!!! this thing looks like a new dern boat!!!! Let me know when your are done.. I'll come help take it off your hands!! hehe!

Thanks SMG

How about a mock up with the plate on the cover and snapping an overall shot for us foaming at the mouth tin junkies?

Okay H2O, just to keep the mob at bay. Let me have the opinions.

I also got the rear seat boxes done and ready for spar.