1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

And yes GA I got the big hole in the back filled in late yesterday afternoon.

Power plant in?? and no pics!!! Thought you were supposed to take it easy. Yea, soft water available sure does put some drive in a soul to get things done.

dozerII

Admiral

Be careful & enjoy the restorative benefits of the tin therapy

Thanks jb

I was expecting splash pics. :D Two more weeks, huh? I hope you survive the Admiral.
Careful moving the tin around, you aren't 100% yet.

No splash yet, but if the weathers stays the way it has been, soft water will be here before the end of the month, a little at a time.

Another two weeks off??!!

Awesome:encouragement:

Hey, can you swing down this way and wrench on this Islander for me a lil? I'm having a tough time getting traction buddy:concern:

No problem Jason , put the steaks on. :D If you were a 1000 miles closer I'd be all over that.

Power plant in?? and no pics!!! Thought you were supposed to take it easy. Yea, soft water available sure does put some drive in a soul to get things done.

Takin it easy all the way, no motor in yet, just the transom assembly, motor tomorrow, maybe. pics or it didn't happen.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

This boat is going to be awesome:joyous:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I can tell you're getting close. You put her name on her. :D

Weep'n Willy

Ah yes, thought it may just have been the transom assy. But with your motivation it could have been both. :eek: Lookin great!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Saaaweet! :encouragement:

Hey you better get that inline motor mount in there before dropping the iron pig in that hole.

barato2

Commander

beautiful! the Admiral just saw the pic and was awed; hope my boat don't disappoint her too much. in San Antonio taking care of parents this week; you'll have her splashed by time I get back to work.

dozerII

Admiral

This boat is going to be awesome:joyous:

I can tell you're getting close. You put her name on her. :D

Ah yes, thought it may just have been the transom assy. But with your motivation it could have been both. :eek: Lookin great!

Saaaweet! :encouragement:

Hey you better get that inline motor mount in there before dropping the iron pig in that hole.

Yep, looking great!

beautiful! the Admiral just saw the pic and was awed; hope my boat don't disappoint her too much. in San Antonio taking care of parents this week; you'll have her splashed by time I get back to work.

Thanks everyone,
Is it just me, or does the teak ski locker cover look totally out of place in her, it's the only visible wood. I'm thinking about making a new one with aluminum diamond plate to match the bow, what do you all think????

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks everyone,
Is it just me, or does the teak ski locker cover look totally out of place in her, it's the only visible wood. I'm thinking about making a new one with aluminum diamond plate to match the bow, what do you all think????

I've got the same situation going on. Doesn't really bother me as it's kinda just something typically made out of wood on boats. I guess now you just need a teak swim platform to balance it out ;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yup, I'm with the OB lover, team swim platform and you'll be set:thumb:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You have too much time on your hands right now, Dozer. :D Tell ya what - Leave it way it is for now, add a teak swim platform and after you splash change to diamond plate if you want. For you about a 17 minute effort. :joyous:

But I would rather walk on warm wood than blistering tin on a hot summer day - Maybe you're too far up there to get hot tin. And maybe not.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

Lookin real good Glen i like your idea off the checker plate for ski locker it will match the bow, we have the checker on our swim platform and i think it reflects the heat at least on are boat anyways.. Take it easy Glen docs keepin an eye on u....

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Well if you're not sure you could always make one and see how it looks, if you don't like it you could always go back to the teak, or maybe you could make one with the same vinyl flooring to match would blend in that way.

dozerII

Admiral

I've got the same situation going on. Doesn't really bother me as it's kinda just something typically made out of wood on boats. I guess now you just need a teak swim platform to balance it out ;)

I like Teak but not in this application.

Yup, I'm with the OB lover, team swim platform and you'll be set:thumb:

I can't believe you would side with and O/B lover SHEEESH

You have too much time on your hands right now, Dozer. Tell ya what - Leave it way it is for now, add a teak swim platform and after you splash change to diamond plate if you want. For you about a 17 minute effort. :joyous:

But I would rather walk on warm wood than blistering tin on a hot summer day - Maybe you're too far up there to get hot tin. And maybe not.

Shiny reflects the sun so it shouldn't be hot, and 17 minutes come on it took 25!!

Lookin real good Glen i like your idea off the checker plate for ski locker it will match the bow, we have the checker on our swim platform and i think it reflects the heat at least on are boat anyways.. Take it easy Glen docs keepin an eye on u....

I'm with you Bro

Well if you're not sure you could always make one and see how it looks, if you don't like it you could always go back to the teak, or maybe you could make one with the same vinyl flooring to match would blend in that way.

That's what I thought John, if I didn't like then I could go back to Teak.

Before

After

Now I'm really thinking the rear deck needs a piece of diamond plate in the center edged with black trim to follow through!!!

budski

Lieutenant Commander

That looks really sharp Glen way better than the teak I think. and I don't think it will get to hot in the summer being shiny it should deflect the suns rays.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

The diamond plate is 1-million times better!

I trust your vision for the rear deck...I don't recall you ever making a bad design choice! :thumb:

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.

I like it, I may have to steal this idea. how thick is it? looks like it has some thickness at the finger hole.

Last edited:

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

real nice revamp dozer. some plate on rear will make it all come together real well in my opinion

Weep'n Willy

Although I am not a real fan of plate it certainly does look sharp in your application and goes well with your theme.