1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Dozer, that's a good, clean looking structure, I'm always amazed at the speed you move on the rebuilds. Nice work!

Gibbles

Commander

Bow looks super solid, and nice looking seat!

I have a bunch of cabalas seats (clearance @ $25 ea), they suck...

Decent enough, but the frame/hinge is soft... and on my Jet I messed up with the seat mounting... very hard to swap them out now :facepalm:

dozerII

Admiral

I've thought the Tempress seats looked better, but I never see them locally to to sit in them. We'll need a seat of the pants review, Glen. :)

Soft water will be here soon enough, for the butt test.

Dozer, that's a good, clean looking structure, I'm always amazed at the speed you move on the rebuilds. Nice work!

Thanks astor, lots of thinking and planning then Git R Done.

Bow looks super solid, and nice looking seat!

I have a bunch of cabalas seats (clearance @ $25 ea), they suck...

Decent enough, but the frame/hinge is soft... and on my Jet I messed up with the seat mounting... very hard to swap them out now :facepalm:

Thanks Chris, so far I really like the Tempress seats, they have plastic frames so we will see how they stand up.

barato2

Commander

Glan, you're flying along as usual. you truly are El Maestro.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

You certainly should like the new seats. I have the same style (in my glasser) that I bought 3 years ago or so and they are pretty comfortable and very durable. Considering I am on the big lake almost every weekend during the season they have more than paid for themselves. I will be getting the same for the cheiftain.

dozerII

Admiral

Glan, you're flying along as usual. you truly are El Maestro.

Thanks B2 , soft water is coming.

You certainly should like the new seats. I have the same style (in my glasser) that I bought 3 years ago or so and they are pretty comfortable and very durable. Considering I am on the big lake almost every weekend during the season they have more than paid for themselves. I will be getting the same for the cheiftain.

That's good news, some actual information on there butt-ablity LOl

barato2

Commander

El Maestro at work. on the "boring block", you can even use a hunk of scrap pine but you have to be careful to hold the drill so it doesn't hog out your guide holes. i used 2x6 but will do hardwood on the "next" transom.

you realize you're a REALLY hard core tin resto guy when you have specialized tools for boring transoms?

dozerII

Admiral

El Maestro at work. on the "boring block", you can even use a hunk of scrap pine but you have to be careful to hold the drill so it doesn't hog out your guide holes. i used 2x6 but will do hardwood on the "next" transom.

you realize you're a REALLY hard core tin resto guy when you have specialized tools for boring transoms?

Forum is screwing up big time here with double posts and such.

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral

I tried using a wood block to begin with but they wear out real fast and leave you with a crooked hole, so when I found the steel plate I knew it had a real good purpose in the hanger.

dozerII

Admiral

Some progress today, flotation foam in and the floor installed up to the bow. I didn't what to bore everyone with all the details so just the finished project. I still have the last piece of floor to install in the bow after I fit the last of the foam.

The other day I was doing some searching on a Canadian for sale site called Kijiji, and found a wireless Motorguide trolling motor brand new for sale for $400 bucks less than any other place. I contacted them and purchased it with $40. shipping. So the Holiday is going to have a bowmount.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How in the heck can we learn from you if you don't show pics/video of you cutting and fitting foam. :facepalm: :joyous:

Nice find on the wireless TM. Perfect for a freshly reinforced, closed bow Holiday. :D

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Man-On-Fire! :target: Lookin' good Glen!

Wireless BMTM is just what the doctor ordered for a Holiday!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Great looking deck work. W/out pix, I guess the foam didn't happen :rolleyes:

Nice score on the trolling motor.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Coming along really good Glen you'll be in no time.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks guys, jb, I'll take pictures of the mess of foam trim bits all over the shop that should prove the foam is in there.:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work! If you can't trust a SOTY winner, who can you trust? :confused: :watermelon:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Nice PhotoShop work, Glen. :laugh: BTW - I did believe you. :rolleyes: