1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

Guys, I messed up and forgot my camera again!!!!! We didn't really do allll that much tho. Painted the bilge with bilgekote and wired up a crappy radio. Next weekend the pics should be up because next weekend we will kiwigrip the deck.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Thrill, Just peeking in to say hello She is really looking good Hope all is well with the new job

thrillhouse700

Ok fellas!!! We finally got enough work done to show some pics.

Here are some shots of the boat with the polished chrome and aluminum.

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1256.jpg

DSCF1257.jpg

DSCF1261.jpg

Painted the bilge with bilgekote and prepped the deck for Kiwigrip.
Prep consisted of sanding down with 60 grit, and scrubbing the deck with degreaser and water then let it sit in the sun for 2 hours.

DSCF1258.jpg

DSCF1259.jpg

thrillhouse700

And now the after pics!!

Kiwi grip is great stuff so far. It spreads evenly, and textures great. We will see about durability. Here is the chum dumpster with a fresh coat of kiwigrip.

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1264.jpg

DSCF1262.jpg

Here is the bilge, sorry for the pic it has all the water and soap residue in it.
DSCF1263.jpg

Tomorrow we shall install the hatch cover, and do some wiring. Install the rear seats, and the engine cover. Im so excited.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Wow Thrill and Lost Cause, She is really looking great!!!!!! Hows the new job going thrill? I can't wait to see the splashdown pics :D. Must be gettin hot in Cali Keep up the great work

Regards,
Bill

thrillhouse700

Thanks bill, job is going great so far. It bought the Kiwigrip haha. Splash down wont be for a while still needs all the engine and drive work done.

sprintst

Commander

Sweet. What did the Kiwigrip work out to. Is that a couple o' gallons on there.

thrillhouse700

One gallon, to do the sides of the hull and the deck and the bow, still have about half a cup left. The kiwi grip + rollers + aluminum protector = 165 bux.

redfury

Commander

that boat is looking just smashing!:D

How did you like how the kiwigrip painted out? Did it flow well? Recommend it to others here dependent on how well it holds up?

Amazing what the boat looks like now compared to the shape you got it in originally.

thrillhouse700

that boat is looking just smashing!:D

How did you like how the kiwigrip painted out? Did it flow well? Recommend it to others here dependent on how well it holds up?

Amazing what the boat looks like now compared to the shape you got it in originally.

Well kiwi grip is not a paint so it does not flow at all :) It is the consistency of pudding. You trowel it on then roll it with the special kiwi grip texture rollers. We will have to wait the 2 week until fully cured time to see how durable it is. I will for sure keep you updated.

Im gunna do some wiring today but will tread very lightly on the deck in case there are some soft spots.

Thanks for all the kind words you guys!

sprintst

Commander

Well the Kiwigrip looks great. It's something that I can get locally now so I'll have to check on what I can get it in for for.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That's gotta be the sharpest looking tri-hull I've ever seen. Nice work. Like the kiwi grip.

thrillhouse700

OK update on the kiwi grip for sprint and anyone else that's looking to use it. We spread it kind of thin in some places because we thought it was too thick in spots. DON'T DO THIS!!! The thinner spots shrunk when it dried and now we have a few spots where there are noticeable gaps. The thicker spots are freaking amazing. So we will do a slight re coat on the thinner spots with what we have left. Possibly buy a quart full to do the stairs and top of the cap where the stairs are.

I did some custom etching on the sub woofer today. Figured if we shouldn't put the name "Chum dumpster" on the back of the boat we had to put it somewhere.

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

We got the rear seats in, the rear braces back in permanently, engine cover back in, seat pedestals finally bolted down permanently and ran the wiring under the gunwales for the stereo and bow light. 5200'ed the center hatch in. In the pictures you cant tell that the seats are filthy but they are. You can't be in the boat without sunglasses its so bright hahahaha.

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

thrillhouse700

Here is the rear seats we built ALMOST done, need to drill some drain holes that we forgot DOH! and obviously the seats need to be cleaned heavily.

DSC00700.jpg

And here is the over all sexiness of the boat as it sits now. Still a lot to do but all such small and tedious things its hard to photograph them all.
DSC00702.jpg

Still on the list, Build new stairs, touch up the kiwi grip, polish the rest of the rails, more wiring, finish the windshield, find a new throttle control or used mercontrol, find new steering cables, figure out what the hell the two wires coming out of the drive go to :)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey thrillhouse700,
The boat sure has come a long ways. Nice job by both of you, it looks great.
One question on the kiwi grip, How thick do you apply it?
Once again,Very nice job.
Bob

thrillhouse700

It says 1/4" trowel, so we did that but thought it was WAAAAY too thick, turns out its correct, totally our fault.

sprintst

Commander

Looking damn nice man. The black and white color scheme is slick.

The white will keep you from burning yo a** but I'm trying to determine the right mix as well. I'll probably just wear shades all the time.

thrillhouse700

Thanks guys!!! Frisco I really dig yours too, I can't wait to be able to put it in the water. That must have felt nice for you!