1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

Cool thanks 92excel Ill have to try that out. I had some vinyl cleaner from my old shop and it didn't help much.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i've had real good luck with wiping down the seats with diluted bleach and then cleaning them with the bathroom scrubbing bubble cleaner

BobsGlasstream

Commander

A friend of mine used magi eraser and the seats looked new after he was done. I was very impressed with that product.
Bob

thrillhouse700

Quick update, we tried wet sanding and it looked awful! So we are now re painting parts of it but not all. Also polishing up the grab rails and fixing cleaning seats.

redfury

Commander

Get a box of magic erasers. They are cheap and do amazing things...they really are magic!:D

72seastar

Seaman
Re: 1975 Omega Rot, Don't know where to start.

Re: 1975 Omega Rot, Don't know where to start.

OK, sorry to say this, but you are throwing good money after bad to go very far with this. Everything you are talking about is hard work and very important to the safety of the boat.

This boat is not worth much in perfect condition. You need to calcuate what you will spend here versus buying a boat in good condition.

have you not noticed this is the restoration forum? this is where you spend money to make old seemingly destroyed boats into good ones.....

giterdone72

Seaman

Fellow Cali iboater here. Work keeps getting in the way from me doin too much on my boat, but I guess i'm blessed in that I even have a job in this economy. Nice progress on the boat so far looking really good. Alot of great ideas esp the pole holders. Nice:D looking forward to seeing it all come together. finish up.:cool: oh and are going to be lake/river only or are you going to go ocean? my prob is that i'm only 5 min from the ocean and it's free to go out there vs 25.00+ for the local lakes ea time.:mad: so i'm still undecided for when mine is done. keep up the great work!

thrillhouse700

we polished up the rub rails, and some of the grab rails. Problem we are having is the old rub rail insert has some stupid rock hard spots. anyone have a repair for this?

thrillhouse700

we are trying to name our boat, we are torn between "Lost Cause" or "Chum Guzzler"

thrillhouse700

this weekend we will try to get the motor mount finished up and possibly paint the bilge. Will try to remember my damn camera too

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey thrill,
Good luck this weekend and make sure you don't forget the pic's.
Bob

redfury

Commander

I vote against "Chum Guzzler" for reasons that may or may not be apparent to some of the other members here.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I vote against "Chum Guzzler" for reasons that may or may not be apparent to some of the other members here.

lol..I kinda like it....Be great on a 6 pack Tuna Charter boat...Or a Shark boat like the Bongos out of Newport Beach (Cali)..You can burn buckets and buckets of chum on some days

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hey 'ol pal 'ol chum...maybe change that to - Chum 'Chucker' ;)

Wow, been awhile since I peeked in....super work!

redfury

Commander

Yeah, I haven't said it in a while...the boat is looking nice. When are we going to see it in the water?

thrillhouse700

Water? whats that?

Just ordered the kiwi grip for the deck, still gotta finish up all the aluminum and the front bow seat and stereo and motor mount and need a plate of alum for the transom/motor/drive spacing. The list goes on you guys know how that is:)

redfury

Commander

Yeah, mine is more of a land yacht than a boat and will be that way for another summer I suspect....ah, time, money and energy...3 things needed for a project.