1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

sprintst

Commander
Re: 1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

I never noticed the dash redo. Show off :)

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

2010-05-24134359_NorthCoast_Califor.jpg

Dude..I'm totally diggin the boat..Gonna be a really sweet rig when its done. The seat bases..NICE! I'm seeing them more and more around here! I love the way mine turned out.
newcarpet2.jpg

BTW..I grew up in Orange, Ca..and one of my best friends lived in Huntington Beach off of Bolsa Chica. One of my favorite family memories growing up was going to the Balboa Island Boat parade at Christmas..You should rig up your boat with lights a cruise the harbor!!:D:p

thrillhouse700

Dude..I'm totally diggin the boat..Gonna be a really sweet rig when its done. The seat bases..NICE! I'm seeing them more and more around here! I love the way mine turned out.
newcarpet2.jpg

BTW..I grew up in Orange, Ca..and one of my best friends lived in Huntington Beach off of Bolsa Chica. One of my favorite family memories growing up was going to the Balboa Island Boat parade at Christmas..You should rig up your boat with lights a cruise the harbor!!:D:p

HAHA I wish, we would get run down by the 10 million dollar yachts! It is fun to go down there tho. I grew up here my whole life, and sometimes think about moving to AZ. Kind of getting sick of SOCAL. Lots of Dbags, trashy women and stuck up yahoos.

Regardless, the seat bases seem super sturdy we are hoping for the best :) We elongated them to take up more of the tilting force during accel. Its paper and pencil engineering at its best.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. We still have to finish the sun deck so we can get better pics, in that pic its just a piece of vinyl laying on top of the base just to give a feel of what it will look like. We still need to find foam to make that seating pad, still need a bimini frame, some motor parts, throttle or mercontrol, steering cables then the wiring, eff me the wiring.......

At least the stereo bangs, Ill try to get a video of it although I doubt it will sound decent seeing as how its just a digital camera video.

MTribe08

HAHA I wish, we would get run down by the 10 million dollar yachts!

Heck No! I remember seeing Santa Claus himself, rowing his sorry ***** in a kayak!:p:D

It is fun to go down there tho. I grew up here my whole life, and sometimes think about moving to AZ. Kind of getting sick of SOCAL. Lots of Dbags, trashy women and stuck up yahoos.
Well, its just not what it used to be..thats foresure. The standards, values and general respect that I grew up with are all but gone. Its the age of entitlement!! Isn't it grand!

Regardless, the seat bases seem super sturdy we are hoping for the best :) We elongated them to take up more of the tilting force during accel. Its paper and pencil engineering at its best.
Not sure how you secured the bases to your deck, but mine isn't going anywhere, unless a 500lb gorilla decides he doesn't like the seat. I bonded the bottom of the base to the deck with a peanut butter Resin mix..after that dried, I covered the whole thing with fiberglass and ran it off the edges about 4". But I don't have a single screw into the deck and that was the goal.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. We still have to finish the sun deck so we can get better pics, in that pic its just a piece of vinyl laying on top of the base just to give a feel of what it will look like. We still need to find foam to make that seating pad, still need a bimini frame, some motor parts, throttle or mercontrol, steering cables then the wiring, eff me the wiring.......

At least the stereo bangs, Ill try to get a video of it although I doubt it will sound decent seeing as how its just a digital camera video.

I'm sure it will turn out good...grind it out, and you'll be stoked when its done.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Ok Thrillhouse and Lost Cause.....youve had 2 moths...count em, 2 months to post the SPLASH video and pics WHERE IS IT! you have hundreds of die hard Thrill/Lost fans out there waiting to see MORE!!!!!!!!!!

BTW the carpet/seat base is the cats meow! :D

looks stupendous on the trailer, I know you guyus have been on the water by now...so post that splash! ROCK ON!

ps we splashed Jezebel memorial weekend! it was awsome! cant wait to hear from you guys!

sprintst

Commander

How's the Kiwigrip curing up? Is it still holding up well. Not sure if that stuff is soft or brittle.

Maybe you can Kiwigrip your wang and not have to worry about the trashy women :) You just have to find one good woman and they are not as plentiful as they used to be it seems.

thrillhouse700

HAHAHAHA sorry. It has been busy. Lost cause has been busy on the boat. the money kind of stopped rolling in. I have been really busy with work and my roomy is moving out so I have to pay the entire rent. But lost sewed up our front pad and finished up our sun pad on the open bow.

2010-07-02165720.jpg

He got the steering wheel on and the new steering cable and helm.

2010-07-09114704_NorthCoast_Califor.jpg

He then welded up the trailer posts so we don't miss.

2010-07-09170007.jpg

And last but not least our buddy brought us a new horn!
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/thrillhouse700/2010-07-09170100_NorthCoast_Califor.jpg

We are hoping to splash very soon but not sure if we can get the motor lined up. We may have built the motor mount too tall.

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Everything looks great! Love that sunpad. Excellent work. That dash is awesome especially with the new wheel. Look forward to hearing you splash.

giterdone72

Seaman

Excellent work you guys! Boat looks amazing. Waiting to hear how the Kiwigrip is holding up. Looking forward to possibly using it instead of carpet on my restore project I emailed them and they said I don't even need to use any primer after I glassed my deck. Let us know!

thrillhouse700

Well today was judgment day.........
DSC01228.jpg

getting the chum dumpster ready.
DSC01230.jpg

few last tweaks on the prop.
DSC01231.jpg

Thats lost cause.

Pic of the inside.
DSC01232.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

Backing it in.

and finally............... after almost exactly one year from the beginning of this awesome journey.
DSC01234.jpg

I will remember this day for the rest of my life. Even if I win the lotto and buy a billion dollar yacht. What we accomplished with this boat with the help of you guys blows me away every time I look at the pictures.

thrillhouse700

DSC01247.jpg

That is me(left) our friend Anish who got us the stereo set up and the horn and Lost cause (right).

BTW the stereo is freaking epic.

It was an overcast day but we don't have our bimini frame yet so it was prob for the better. It has been really hot lately.

DSC01244.jpg

Me driving.

DSC01241.jpg

Lost cause and his Captain hat.

We still have work to do but its in working condition. A few things that need to be worked out. Rebuild the rod holders, a few touch ups with the Kiwi grip, build the stairs, and bimini top.

As for the kiwi grip, it got dirty quick due to it being white and everyone jumping in after walking on asphalt. The stuff is pretty amazing tho. It dried hard but still easy on the feet. I was standing at an angle on the wet deck and I did not move. Got it back to the fab shop (garage) and scrubbed it down and hosed it off. Kiwi grip cleans up like brand new. Only warning about kiwi grip is don't grind metal on top of it the metal gets walked on and ends up in the kiwi grip :).

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I can't believe how awesome that thing turned out. I really like the bow and stern rails and the slight window tint. That is one classy tri-hull. Great work guys and congrats on your maiden voyage.

Huron Angler

Admiral

That's gotta be the finest tri-hull in Cali, nice works fellas.:)

I love all the rails, just needs a sweet wakeboard tower now to go with it:p

thrillhouse700

Thanks guys, could not have done it without all of Iboats. We started not knowing anything about boat construction. Now we are well versed in the construction of a mid 70's boat :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Thrill Congratulations to you and Lost Cause That is Awesome :)

That calls for a BIG chicken dance :D

chickendance.gif
chickendance.gif
chickendance.gif

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Very nice restore Guys! Looks great, love the dash!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey guys,
The boat looks great. I'm really glad to see out enjoying your work so much.
Great job gentlemen.
Bob

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Awesome job Thrillhouse and Lost! Enjoy...