1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

sprintst

Commander
Re: 1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

Yo Dexter... Nice paint booth.

Good luck on the interviews...

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guys!!! If I get this job I can pay off all my debt, and finally afford to work on the boat again. Will have to sacrifice time of course. Also would very much like to buy an M1A Scout.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

M1A Scout, hummmmmmm, That would be a nice addition. I really like the M14 myself but but almost the same thing.
Once again good luck on the job search.
Bob

thrillhouse700

So I posted in the hijack thread, but Ill put it here too. I finally got a job so my next unemployment check will be my last hopefully for a long time. So My boat restoring days will be allocated to weekends only. Hopefully once it stops raining we can get another couple of coats of primer on this and then some paint.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey thrillhouse700,
Congratulations on the new job. Sorry to hear the boat may slow down but it's great to be working too.
Once again congrats.
Bob

redfury

Commander

Getting a job in this economy is great. Getting a good paying job in this economy is AWESOME. Good luck with it Thrill, hope it works out for you in all the ways you hope for.;)

thrillhouse700

thanks for all the great comments guys!

Here is our paint job, the pressure regulator broke half way through and gave it some unwanted texture............. not too happy about that but our time frame for painting is pretty much over :(

Anyone know if rustoleum is wet sandable? Will it ruin the gloss much like interlux? Any info would be nice thanks guys.

2010-03-08145133.jpg

redfury

Commander

Now you need to paint a big gold star on the sides of the boat! ;)

thrillhouse700

HAHAHAHA we are going to wreak havoc at the river with all the drunks, prob get beat up too!!!

sprintst

Commander

You can confiscate booze :)

thrillhouse700

I know it looks very plain right now, we are thinking possibly tinted windshield to match with the black?

Maybe a black stripe on the engine cover?

Black bimini frame (already have the white top)?

We already have black speakers, steering wheel :)

If we can do it nicely maybe a black pin stripe down the side of the cap?

Any other ideas?

jcsercsa

Captain

thanks for all the great comments guys!

Here is our paint job, the pressure regulator broke half way through and gave it some unwanted texture............. not too happy about that but our time frame for painting is pretty much over :(

Anyone know if rustoleum is wet sandable? Will it ruin the gloss much like interlux? Any info would be nice thanks guys.

2010-03-08145133.jpg

HAy guys

Yea it sure is wet sandable !! it will shine so much it like looking in a mirror , think I started with 800 and went to 2000 grit !!! once you get past the orange peel stop and start getting the wax on her !! by the was she is looking sharp now !!!! John

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The only word that comes to mind is KILLER!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Thrill Shamu looks awsome! lol

seriously tho...WOW....SHARP

...and sweet paintbooth! hope you killed the flame in your water heater before you painted....could make for a big boom eh? lol

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on the job! now you're working for the weekends! :p

thrillhouse700

indeed I am, bout to go in for my first 4 hours of training. I'm nervous! Its been 8 months since I have wrenched hahahaha. Anyways no we had the water heater going, but the outside of the paint booth had a lot of fresh air flowing.

It looks good in that pic, but the truth is the paint needs some serious finishing. Do you guys think 2 coats of rustoleum would be enough for some wet sanding? Or would that make it too thin after wet sanding?

jcsercsa

Captain

it depends no how well it covered ?? you can allways try it and see !! John

redfury

Commander

Depends on how bad it orange peeled as to how much you have to worry about. Gotta figure you are going to have anchor lines over the sides and the in and out abuse from coolers, etc. You'll want good thickness up there.

As far as an accent, you could paint the raised portion that the windshield sits on and bring that down to the bottoms of the bow seat backs in black, or flat black, or even just bring in some black part of the way ( so as to not create hot spots on the upper hull for people to get toasted on )

thrillhouse700

Yeah red, I was thinking maybe a black bimini frame might look cool. We wanted to keep any black off the top just so it doesn't get super hot and possibly crack the fiberglass. The hull will be in the water and not have toooo much sun exposure. Especially with the trihulls waterline being somewhat high on the sides.

We did realize that the old seats that were redone 2 years ago are going to look awful compared to the new paint. They are dirty as hell and I fear we wont be able to get them to look bright white again. Can anyone think of some super amazing vinyl cleaner?