1972 Silverline Grand Bahama

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1972 Silverline Grand Bahama

Im getting ready to head out and start grinding. It has been raining pretty much every day for the last week and is supposed to continue through the weekend. All the rain makes it really humid and the tyvek sweatsuit is just going to make it worse. I guess it's all part of the fun :D

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Tyvek? Real men wear shorts and t shirts!

I prefer not to itch all day.

I did about 10 minutes of grinding before the rain started to come down. I did grind through the transom skin in one spot. I was trying to grind down to roving like I had found on the rest of the hull only to not find any. It looks like the transom was laid up with csm. I will probably put a layer of 1708 for some added strength. If the rain lets up I will do a little more grinding before its time to get ready for work.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I got the Silverline back home and started grinding again. It's going pretty well. If I can keep up the progress I should have everything prepped in the next few weeks.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Welcome back, bn...glad to see you are still "grinding' away...
Hope all is well...
gt:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Welcome back, also good to hear you're back at it again :watermelon:

Have a good end of the week

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Looking forward to it bn74!!! :wave:
That's a cool boat!!!

southkogs

Staff member

Welcome back! I've been waiting to see that big ole' thing finished!

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Good to hear you are back and up and running. Looking forward to your progress :)

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for stopping by fellas. I didn't work on it at all last week due to rain and work. I'm hoping to work on it yet this evening. I picked up a Makita 7" grinder hoping to speed things up a little. As soon as the grinding is done I can start putting new wood in.

Decker83

Commander

With that Makita and some 24 or 36 grit, you can do some real grinding.. Be careful with it.. It can eat its way through the hull..:facepalm:

Have a great hump day..

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

With that Makita and some 24 or 36 grit, you can do some real grinding.. Be careful with it.. It can eat its way through the hull..:facepalm:

Have a great hump day..

I gave it a try and it works good even though its 4000 rpm slower than my small dewalt. Its a little heavy but should really cut down my grinding time.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Its still a little warm to do any grinding but the forecast is looking better for next week.

I did pick up some motor and drive parts today for cheap.

Ill try to put up a post later this evening with more details and pics of a few things ive been doing to the boat.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I need to update my photobucket account so I can upload some pics. Ill try to get some progress pics up here soon. The weather is looking tolerable for the next week so Im hoping I can get most of the grinding done. After that all I need to do is fertilize the money tree so I can get some supplies.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Photo update would be great, welcome back

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
It seems I have been away from the forums for far to long. I havn't been able to work on the Silverline for several months now. I have been working 2 jobs for the majority of the summer so time has been very limited.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
It seems I have been away from the forums for far to long. I havn't been able to work on the Silverline for several months now. I have been working 2 jobs for the majority of the summer so time has been very limited.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yeah, challenging summer.... I hear rumor that you've been boating and are happy w/ the added Nautlis tabs ;)

The forum software update has lingering problems, erroneous error messages when posting and pix are 2 of the bigguns.....

IF you get an error message, click OK and hit F5 to refresh the page. Normally, the reply will have been posted and the error message WAS in error. If you want to play it safe, click OK and copy the text of your reply, then hit F5. If your post isn't shown, then paste the copied text into a new reply. But often the Restore feature will have captured your text and stored it if it didn't post.

Welcome back, again :)