1968 StarCraft Holiday restoration

jdvasher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looing good for just a coat of primer. Got to hand to you guys who sand boats, for me it's avoided at all costs with my one day paint jobs. :)
Think I would rather strip paint and feel the burn than sand it. 😆
honestly I really should have just had a paint shop do this. Painting without a proper booth or just a clean area in general is such a PITA.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
First coat of Interlux Flag Blue down.

I like that darker blue, looking forward to seeing it out in the sunlight.

flag-blue-jpg.360821

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Beautiful!

I also used the interlux system including the Perfection topcoat.

I continue to be amazed at the finish and resilience of it!

I did get 1 tiny blemish when a buddy drove/ground the metal-jaw from a cutting board into my red side panel while fighting & releasing a big Striper...the fish was worth it :LOL:!

jdvasher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Beautiful!

I also used the interlux system including the Perfection topcoat.

I continue to be amazed at the finish and resilience of it!

I did get 1 tiny blemish when a buddy drove/ground the metal-jaw from a cutting board into my red side panel while fighting & releasing a big Striper...the fish was worth it :LOL:!
I'm really surprised how far a little paint goes a long way. I was really getting worried that I did not buy enough because its nowhere to be found not. has been out of stock for months. 10oz of paint did that side with one coat and about an ounce to spare.

jdvasher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just removed the bunks and in process of converting to a roller trailer. Was kind of wondering if I need to add additional rollers to the back two pivot arms. They come setup for up to 4 sets per arm. Thinking this to account for the additional weight of the motor. Thoughts?
PXL_20220525_173926029.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
You have plans to address the trailer frame rust? When it was stripped down would have been a good time to remove the rust and put some primer/paint on it. Rust is considered corrosion of the steel and as said "rust never sleeps".

How heavy is the motor and what else do you plan on adding for weight to the stern area?

jdvasher

Petty Officer 1st Class
You have plans to address the trailer frame rust? When it was stripped down would have been a good time to remove the rust and put some primer/paint on it. Rust is considered corrosion of the steel and as said "rust never sleeps".

How heavy is the motor and what else do you plan on adding for weight to the stern area?
Yes, I'm going to do some modifications to the trailer, once every is the way I want, going to have the whole thing blasted and will paint to match the boat.

jdvasher

Petty Officer 1st Class

The trailer is actually very solid. If I don't find a better candidate soon I think it will work great. would like for it to look like a custom fitted trailer when finished.

classiccat

Just removed the bunks and in process of converting to a roller trailer. Was kind of wondering if I need to add additional rollers to the back two pivot arms. They come setup for up to 4 sets per arm. Thinking this to account for the additional weight of the motor. Thoughts?
Most of us tinheads go the other way to avoid those rollers denting the hull.

I wonder if you'll also have to move your axle since more load is shifted to the rear cross member. Another consideration is view-ability of your tail lights.

jdvasher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Any one have recommendations for custom vinyl. I need to get the starcraft logos but I also want to get my registration numbers in the matching font/style. also want something custom done for the back.

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
I got my logos off of etsy. It wasnt custom, but there are plenty of people that do custom work on there. If you cant find someone to do it locally, thats what I would try next.

classiccat

Stripes! adds at least another 8.9 horsepower!

regarding vinyl decals...i grabbed whatever i could off of ebay and etsy.

Here's a recommendation from outside-the-box...this guy (Midwest Custom Graphics) helped me w/ some custom "stock" decals for my wheelhorse tractor. If you send him what you want he may be able to help. https://www.redoyourhorse.com/