1966 MFG Rebuild

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Went over this morning to add some csm over those engine mounting holes and all the other holes from that metal plate. I kinda wanted the ozzy out the back to make some PB rivets but with so many holes I would be chasing and dripping PB all over my feet. I forgot to get another board for the back of the transom so I had to run home.1721569436379.png

The dam mosquitos are ficking terrible over there. Every time I had my hands full doing something they buzz all around my face and I am the type of person that constantly feel like there is a bug on me start to wipe the areas. I wear long sleeves and sweat pants over to work but dam. I then found the best solution to get them bastards off of me. Such a simple thing keeps their asses moving.
1721570047197.png

Heading back over to for the big squeeze.

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Got the transom glued in not without having a few issues that I had to improvise on. First as I am working alone I mixed up 2 16 oz of resin with about 6 oz fumed silica and 4 oz of .25 inch fibers at 1/2 2.5 cc mekp for slower working time. For maximum ozzy 3 16 oz would have gave me enough ozzy to cap over inside of the board with the ozzy. Now I will need to mix up some thicken go back and lock it in around the corners and bottom. My ozzy squeezed out the sides but did not run. So it was just enough PB mix but could have used a little more to lock around the sides and bottom. Oh well still worked out. The image show about how much ozzy I got all around. Most of the ozzy came out with chopped fibers so I know the bond was good.
1721648251072.png
1721648414085.png
I was tightening the clamps I made with my impact wrench trying to work fast since alone. Ended up clamping to tight and the clamp spilt at the top. I was using 3 clamps and made 4 but did not bring the other. The clamp that snapped was the weakest one I had and I place it on the port side. So I had to break out the screws or either run home and get the other clamp.
Ended up using some boards on the back and inside to get the squeeze on the port side. Driving screws in on both sides of the boards.

1721647828429.png

1721648373640.png

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
You were asking me the thickness of the fooring, 6MM on the flooring.
View attachment 400348
Little off topic, but you out up a link for EVA on Temu......Isn't that site full of cheap items......and therefore, poor quality items? If I am wrong, and they are carrying good quality boat accessories, then I need to start looking into that!

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
@kcassells went back over in the evening yesterday after a heavy rain, I had a couple swimming pools on the roof. Geez. I will be going to purchase some of these
was hoping I did not have to spend another $200 on the cover but I will have too.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
@kcassells went back over in the evening yesterday after a heavy rain, I had a couple swimming pools on the roof. Geez. I will be going to purchase some of these
was hoping I did not have to spend another $200 on the cover but I will have too.
Wow, that's cheap! Thats your best bet there. Now for some hanging planters.