1962 Chris Craft Holiday 20’ bucket list resto

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I got the outer chines all cleaned sealed and re-fastened on . I bedded all the joints in with Mahogany 5200 . Had to install the lift ring at the transom along with the support boards for the rudder and shaft strut bracket .
I had to order some more large SB screws for different things . Most of the bolts and nuts/washers I was able to clean up and reuse .
While waiting on the fasteners I need to build a cradle to lift it up high enough to climb under it . I'll need access when I start the bottom ..
I really need to clean and organize a bit also .. The place is a mess . LOL !
Hope everyone had a nice Labor day weekend !

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hope everyone had a nice Labor day weekend !
Very nice, thank you !
Happily following your progress.
Super interesting project.
I wish I had the time, knowledge, space, tools and $ to embark on such an endeavor.
Carry on, my friend ...... thanks for the postings,
W

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I got her jacked up in the air for access .. broke out the the laser and got it set up nice and level front to back and side to side . Started the clean up . Hope to get that done tomorrow.. We had our annual Heart Association heart walk this morning . Bigger crowd than I thought we would get . All our water stations ran out of water before it was done unfortunately.
A successful event none the less !
Cheers everyone!
1CFEA6BF-5A7A-4EFD-9363-5BFD713498D9.jpeg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The bow sections I’m gunna have to think about with the compound curves and all …

flashback

Captain
I hear ya, I probably would get some cheap masonite peg board and rough cut it then pull it down to the frames using the holes, to conform it to fit with small screws and make a template unless you can source a piece of cardboard..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I hear ya, I probably would get some cheap masonite peg board and rough cut it then pull it down to the frames using the holes, to conform it to fit with small screws and make a template unless you can source a piece of cardboard..
I like that idea .

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Flashback , I appreciate all the help and ideas from the Iboats crew !
So yeah these restorations belong to all of us . I had some cardboard laying around . I knew saving it from recycling was a good idea ..
So I see no reason I couldn’t just lay this on my plywood . Trace and cut maybe a tad proud . Seems like it would work ti me .. 503E115B-905E-440D-AF4A-CF467E8E1BA6.jpeg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Door skins from the box stores work. 1/8 cheap plywood.

For critical forms, a sheet of clear plastic drop cloth works

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I had a pile of thin Masonite we use for dust partitions and covering floors at work . I should have thrown some in the truck .. I’m just doing a few things before I head to Michigan for 3 days of training for work . I am really excited though getting to the point of actually putting the skin on the hull !
Still have a few little things I want to tidy up before we install the ply .