1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey LL need to check your PM.
I discovered a real Kool way to make your own Decals. You can order Water Slide Paper for your Ink Jet Printer on eBay for about $1.00 a sheet (8.5x11)
You then print out what ever design you want. You then use Clear Acrylic Spray and give it 5-6 light coats until it gets glossy. The stuff dries quickly so you can do this in about 2 hours. A hair dryer speeds it up too!!! I let mine cure over night. Then cut out the shape leaving about a 1/8 to 1/16" border and place it face down in a pan of cool water for 60 secs till the backing paper absorbs some water. You can then slide the clear decal right off and use a foam brush to brush it on your desired surface and remove any air bubbles. It's quick easy and works GREAT. 3-4 more coats of Clear and it's permanently in place. I used Rustoleum High Gloss Acrylic Clear.
image_9811.jpg

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Verrrrry interesting. Is this an original Woodonglass idea? I never would have thought of that.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
When I was a kid, I built a Lot of model airplanes and they always had waterslide decals. When I was restoring my motor I got the idea that I might make my own decals but then I found a guy in Canada that made em pretty cheap so I bought em. I kept on thinking about it and finally found the paper and then there was a guy that said to spray em with clear acrylic and voila' they'd work and so I thought for $10 bucks it would be worth a try. Soooo I bought the paper and gave it a shot. I really works GREAT!!!! Just like I remembered when I was a kid only bigger!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Very cool on the decals Woody ! :cool:
Now how bout something in orange and blue ! :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
When I was a kid, I built a Lot of model airplanes and they always had waterslide decals. When I was restoring my motor I got the idea that I might make my own decals but then I found a guy in Canada that made em pretty cheap so I bought em. I kept on thinking about it and finally found the paper and then there was a guy that said to spray em with clear acrylic and voila' they'd work and so I thought for $10 bucks it would be worth a try. Soooo I bought the paper and gave it a shot. I really works GREAT!!!! Just like I remembered when I was a kid only bigger!!!

When you were a kid?

0227101157a.jpg

0227101203a.jpg

View attachment GOOD SPECS AND BUILD ERATIX EFLITE.pdf
Heck these planes today fly on electric engines and batteries......Wing span on the top pic is @ 4'.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I still have a Goldman Sport Cub I built in High school from stick plans with an 049 that I never fired up.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Who the heck would want an Orange and Blue Chair!!!! Oh... Oh yeah a GATOR FAN!!!!!

WI tell ya what Sam I'll make ya one like this and send it to ya!!! PM me your address again. The recent Forum improvements Wiped Out all the addresses I had.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
OSU Chair set turned out great, nice work

I like the decal idea. I wonder if there's any other printers that work w/ the decal paper. I don't know what type I have at work, but it does AWESOME quality printing, significantly better the inkjet we have at home...........

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
y
That right there is a MASTER PIECE!!!! Norm Abrams would be proud!!!! BOOMER SOONER Brother!!!

Who didn't know from the logo they were coming to you? LOL..But Mike made a mistake with the logo and should have used Notre Dame and shipped them to me!! When do they get here Mike?

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
y

Who didn't know from the logo they were coming to you? LOL..But Mike made a mistake with the logo and should have used Notre Dame and shipped them to me!! When do they get here Mike?

HAHA, actually they are not coming to me, but who ever it is, they have fantastic tastes in football teams!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Nope, they're for a Co-Worker here in the Tulsa Area. I'm thinkin it Might be a bit pricey to ship a set of chairs like these. I guess I should check that out just in case somebody ever wants me too. In case you guys are interested. You can check out my WoodWorking website here...Facebook too!!! (From the WebPage)

2nd Chance Wood Designs

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Happy Thanksgiving iBoaters!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Happy Thanksgiving right back to you, and to all the other folks here, on & off the iboats map!

turkeydance_1.gif