18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Hey EZ she is looking good, sucks about the seat but they look comfortable.

I want a set for my SS.

Jeff

fshngho

Lieutenant

EZ, out of curiosity, your first boat was painted with Rustoleum and this one with Petit EasyPoxy, which one is better in your opinion? With out a doubt they both look great. But you da man with experience.:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Can't really do a fair comparison as I sprayed the Rusto from rattle cans which was a disaster. However it did have good adhesion and was still all there 4 years later :) I went looking for alternatives because Rusto didn't have the colors I wanted. But the Easypoxy is fantastic and I recommend it. I like that it's a true "marine" paint. Rusto has a marine paint but their colors are pretty limited.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

ezmobee,
Where are the pic's without the green pinstripe???? :p
Bob

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

well ..... that does it ... you are gonna make me drive to york to see that friggin paint job arent you ???? LOL i deff. have to come over and see that grey .... looks sooooo white in the pics. now its driving me crazy ... lol

p.s. the paint looks awesome

Pap's SuperSport

Seaman Apprentice

EZ, what are your plans for seating? Earlier you had two lounge and two jump seats. Now you have two bucket seats? What are you keeping? We're trying to decide if we want the lounge seats or 4 seats on a pedestal.

BTW, definitely drooling when I saw the blue paint. Looks awesome! The shine is impressive.

Bill

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sorry about the lack of pics of it with the tape off. I've been real busy working on a freelance development project (which is going to go a long way toward paying for all this). Thanks again for the compliments.

For the seating I'm going with 2 jump seats in the stern and two buckets at the helm. There was not room for the loungers and the jump seats. I really like the jumps and my wife though it would look silly without any stern seating so that's why I returned the loungers. There will be a raised box in the stern that will have a removable fishing chair as well as one in the bow. I have all these seats on-hand now (though I have to get a replacement for the one that came with a hole in it).

BobsGlasstream

Commander

EZ,
Sounds pretty cool, look forward to seeing the pic's. :cool:
Overall great job. :D
Bob

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

iboatds surprised me today and said they are sending me a whole new seat and I don't even have to send the old one back. I sure wasn't expecting that!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

ezmobee
Great to hear,
It's great to hear that there are still some places that do business the way it should be. That's rare today. :cool:
Bob

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hey thats super EZ, way above & beyond...way to go iboats!!! thats Class with a capitol 'C'

Andy in NY

Commander

Jeremy... congrats on the score with the trolling motor and second set of seats!

the paint looks AMAZING!

the only thing i would worry about coverage wise is when you get it out in the sun, you may see some spots where you thought it covered but end up seeing pinholes of white underneath.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Ez,

Paint looks great dude!

Blue is close to the color of my Hurricane...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

the only thing i would worry about coverage wise is when you get it out in the sun, you may see some spots where you thought it covered but end up seeing pinholes of white underneath.

It's dark underneath for the most part except for some overlap areas so hopefully I'll be ok. I can always put another coat on at a later date if necessary. As long as the bottom of the boat is 100% done and I can get it put back on the trailer.

gunner1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey thats super EZ, way above & beyond...way to go iboats!!! thats Class with a capitol 'C'

You're right- it's VERY classy of them. . Iboats probably had to eat the price of the seat since they don't have it to return to Wise. Thumbs up, guys!

sprintst

Commander

That is really cool of Iboats. I'm going to try to get them to do combined shipping on a bunch of stuff I'm looking at ordering. I'm trying to support them as well :)

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

You're right- it's VERY classy of them. The pessimistic side of me wonders if they would do the same for a non board member, much less a non moderator. Don't cut me up too bad- EVERYTHING I hear about the business side of iboats has been ALL posistive, I'm just a glass half empty type. I guess that seeing the right thing being done by a big business, especially internet based,, is a real nice surprise. It's little things like this that creates return customers and future customers due to word of mouth. Iboats probably had to eat the price of the seat since they don't have it to return to Wise. Thumbs up, guys!

Hey gunner1, you could of stopped after the first 7 words of your post. What on earth makes someone post such negative dribble? No I won't cut you up too bad as you requested, but it irks me to no end when that "green monster of envy" shows through whinning about how come, what if or why not...blah blah blah. Who cares where he/she rates? Iboats did what they felt was right to someone they value as a customer. Quit looking through the bottom of that half empty glass and see the beauty in the fresh glass they just poured.

Sorry for the rant, and yes I did read your whole post...at least some of it was worth reading, albeit the half empty sarcastic pessimistic approach was uncalled for IMO! So again...cheers to iboats and boo to the questioning of something rare in the world of business today.

As my Grandfather used to say...life is a personal race, never feel as though your being left behind, for when you do, you'll end up looking at your backend leading the way!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The seats come shipped right from Wise. Wise shipped me a seat with a hole in it. To be completely honest, it might have been them who decided to just send me a new one. It probably wasn't worth it to them to process the return just to have to repair the seat to resell. They'd prolly just toss it anyway. I'm also kinda doubting a big HE'S A MOD flashed up on the screen when they processed my RMA.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Personaly, I don't think being a MOD had a darn thing to do with it. You being a good customer does. By iboats or Wise treating you the right way they just got more good advertisement and future customers ( including me). Thats how you stay in business. And yes, crunch the numbers, it would make more sense to just send a new seat and not spend more money to get one returned that they would have to repair or throw away. Like I said, just good business. Congrats EZ, and way to go iboats/Wise:)

86 century

Ensign

Good to here they are taken care of you. Your paint looks good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.