18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

They were doing system maintenance this weekend and apparently the admin took time to make me a new ranking image (they didn't have one for moderators under 5k posts). I really appreciate it.

Scott, yeah don't have those side panel pieces. I was thinking about just buying some aluminum anggle or something to secure them to the floor.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

a new ranking image, beats a rank image anyday {PB ring a bell LOL} ;) .....Congrats btw!

Nice progress as well EZ

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Got the 2nd and final coat of the light gray on over the weekend. It looks great. I hope to throw some blue on it this week.

DSCF2269-1.jpg

DSCF2270-1.jpg

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Mmmmm..reflections....what color blue?{sorry if I missed it earlier}

fshngho

Lieutenant

Its looking good EZ. The shine on yours gives me inspiration to keep sanding mine. Congrats on the promotion.

PaulyV

Chief Petty Officer

Looking good EZ..Did you use the full quart for this area?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Little over. I have about 2/3rds of a quart left of my 2 quarts of the gray. I expect that to be enough to finish my topsides painting (with luck).

Andy in NY

Commander

maybe i missed it, but did you do anything between coats?

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hot damn EZ!!!! Nice paint. Are those harbor freight dollys?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys. HSF, the blue is Ocean Blue on this chart http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/images/Multi/Pettit/large/1329s.jpg

fshngho, the pics don't do it justice, it's even shinier than it looks. It's going to be awesome with the blue on it.

maybe if ya used something other than candles to light your freeekin garage up with..lol

That pull chain 60 watt incandescant aint gonna show that great paint job off!!!:eek:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Andy, I thoroughly scuffed with those scotch brite type pads labeled "imitation steel wool" from the sandpaper section of HD. The paint can recommended sanding with 220 between coats. I bought a couple 220 sanding sponges but they loaded up pretty quick. The pads did a great job and didn't load up.

thrillhouse, those are indeed HF dollies which cost like $10 a piece and they're nice!

Kev, you are a tool :)

Rickairmedic

Commander

Hot damn EZ!!!! Nice paint. Are those harbor freight dollys?

Yes they are :D I highly recomend them . I have actually used them as wheel dollies to move vehicles around the garage :eek: They actually work better than the $39 a pair wheel dollies HF sells :D.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

EZ the paint is looking great although those pictures look strikingly familiar ;). I am looking forward to your second color and use of " Green tape " :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I just scored a MotorGuide bow mount trolling motor (foot controlled) for $75 off of CL. Best I can tell you can't get one of these new for less than $4-500 at the cheapest. I don't know what pound thrust it is but for my needs I'm sure it will be fine. I pick it up tomorrow. My new bucket seats are also scheduled to arrive tomorrow. And tonight.....PAINT! (it's practically 60 friggin' degrees here today so I gotta take advantage of it)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Nice....go team go....that blue will look sharp....

Im jeleous! you get an early Christmas present! (seats coming in AND trolling motor deal) I love getting stuff in the mail! delivery... UPS etc (not bills tho)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out EvilDocs restore on your next break....him and his pops are busy as heck on thier 21ft star

Huron Angler

Admiral

Nice score on the troller EZ...If I'm not mistaken I believe that all bow-mount trolling motors are at least 45lbs of thrust which would certainly move your 18' SS around.

Is it 24v or 12v? If it's 24v it is probably 55lbs or more, at least that's how Minn Kotas are made.

Can't wait to see the blue on there, are you doing a pinstripe? Or possibly the arrow scheme as advocated by CheapBoatKev?

fshngho

Lieutenant

Actually HA, bow mount do come in smaller thrust ratings. But I have a 12 v, 36lb thrust on my 16ft fiberglass bass boat and it does fine. You know EZ, they say a little roughness on the bottom of a boat is a good thing, for speed anyway. Something about texture on the bottom causing bubbles, which in turn helps 'lift' the boat. Me, I like smooth and purty. And you got it going on. Can't wait till the blue is on, may have to hire you to do mine.:D Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.