18' starcraft CC Rebuild - 1978

starcrazy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 18' starcraft CC Rebuild - 1978

Sorry for the inproper description. I know that the spray foam will not help the sturcture of the transom, but will help in the over all structural support of the boat itself.

I don't think the boat is overpowered, it is rated for a 125 hp.

Sorry for not having any new pictures, but my hands were full this weekend.

Starcrazy

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

The slab foam, If installed properly will not be noisy, will provide adequate floatation and will be better in the long run. Pour in foam in a Tinner, is not my cup of tea. Others have done it, but Most use pool noodles or slab foam. Your boat, Your Choice!;)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I know that the spray foam will not help the sturcture of the transom, but will help in the over all structural support of the boat itself.

I agree with this.

Expanding urethane does offer a certain amount structural support in a boat. It not only unifies the boat, it's the reason manufacturers can get away with wide spans on deck framing and 1/2" plywood decking. It's also the reason a rotten deck can still feel solid in most places when it's supported by expanding foam. The heavier the density of the foam, the more support it will render. This is a misunderstood and/or ignored fact of expanding foam.

From the USComposites site:
4 LB Density Urethane Foam
Common Applications: This 4LB density foam is suited well for most flotation applications that require more support than the 2LB offers. This foam is recommended to be used when supporting gas tanks and some deck areas. Choose this density if you feel that the foam will be required to withstand minor to moderate loads.

starcrazy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Finally some more progress to report.

Floor has been completly sealed and will be ready to be installed. With any luck it will be completed on the weekend.

Ordered the new Nautolex Flooring, should be in next week.

Center Console have been pretty much layed out and cut. I have included a couple of photos of the new layout for the CC. I have yet to place the new Lowrance Elite 5 Fish Finder / Plotter, the VHF Radio,and the compass on the top. I am in no rush for those items just yet.

Last weekend I was able to finally get the boat sprayed with the closed foam. Had to wait a couple extra weeks, the poor guy doing it had issues with kidney stones.

I have also painted 90% of the rails and fastners.

A couple steps closer to giving it a spring splash :)

DSCN7542_zps0ba34e9b.jpg

DSCN7543_zps8055de6e.jpg

DSCN7545_zps18e92b1a.jpg

DSCN7546_zps0c63b12d.jpg

Port_zps51e85d3f.jpg

Last edited: