16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now won't it be satisfying to put something on that you do not have to take back off!!!:D

Now what about the seats??? Where are the fenders we read about for weeks??:D:D

Just cause the topside paint is on, you are not off of the update and pics hook!!

Great job Arch, your work is outstanding!!!

Darren Nemeth

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore "Miss Morgan"

Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore "Miss Morgan"

Sorry for asking this. I can't find it readily in this thread.

What brand of paint did you use?

I hope the Batboat turns out as good as yours did!!

jbjennings

Captain

That paint job looks just awful to me.............but I'd be willing to send you my boat to practice on. I'm always willing to help. :)

Really, Archbuilder, are you a painter by trade? It looks just too good for someone who isn't a professional. The reflections are really straight. I suspect this "restoration" isn't very accurate, because it looks much better than it would have come from the factory. ;) That "orange peel" you refer to on the dash would be far better than anything I could spray. Are you going to have some pinstripes between the silver and red? I also really like your booth you fixed. I'd like to build one like that myself. I tried to paint my '53 gmc but just don't have anyone to show me how to lay the paint down so it comes out slick.
Very impressive,
JBJ

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys..the fenders are in my living room, yes I am not married! I couldn't think of any other place to put them where they wouldn't get damaged! :D Haven't tried the videos on photobucket, does it work better? I boats should have a calender, there are a lot of awesome projects on here. I still remember my Dad saying " you paid him for that....is he still laughing!" Of course today he had a different attitude, lol! By the way Bob, I posted Buck the wonder dog outside the shop to fend off Murphy and the gremlins....if they looked anything like a hotdog, they were done for!

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats centerfold material right there!! :D WOWZA!!! Amazing job arch!!! You'll definetly be turnin heads on the water, and enroute!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Sorry I missed a couple of questions. I did work in a body shop in high school about a million years ago.....and yes that helps a ton....but the new paints are different and I'm out of practice! If you look at it close you can see that, but I'm really happy with it. But a pro painter could do circles around me! All the paint on the boat is DuPont, the red is $100+ a quart, but man it looks sexy! The paint is the DuPont automotive urethane system.

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guys..the fenders are in my living room, yes I am not married! I couldn't think of any other place to put them where they wouldn't get damaged! :D Haven't tried the videos on photobucket, does it work better? I boats should have a calender, there are a lot of awesome projects on here. I still remember my Dad saying " you paid him for that....is he still laughing!" Of course today he had a different attitude, lol! By the way Bob, I posted Buck the wonder dog outside the shop to fend off Murphy and the gremlins....if they looked anything like a hotdog, they were done for!

Here ya go! :D;)
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=383187&highlight=calender

ECVCHAMP

Seaman

Amazing, simply amazing. Great work. You are "The Man":cool:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Wow didn't know there was such a thing! Very cool!

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

Arch, that looks like @#$%, im sure your very dissappointed, just to reileve you of all your stress, ill come get her and she can live here in sunny FL,

all kidding aside,
that looks awesome, that paint layed down very nice, and that little bit of op is no big deal, like you said a little buffer time its gone
who would have ever thought a boat with a tree growing in it would turn out so nice, altho, you have put your blood/sweat/tears into her.
i am readying my trailer for a trip to OK so you can help me finish mine.
guess the next big moment/s for you will be hanging Max and the sea trials
good job, and good luck, D

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Arch- Looks Awesome! All the hard work definitely paid off in the end:D

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, she looks awesome! can't wait to see the video where she's booking it across the lake!

Friscoboater

Captain

Now I am jealous!!! That paint is just perfect.

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

That is one beautiful boat. Just got done watching the video. Love your work. Keeps me motivated.

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like the color combo. Going to look sweet once it is all back together. Good work!

Which clear did you use? I have never used Dupont's clears before. What did you use for a gun and tip?

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

OK, so the withdrawal is already setting in. :D What's next on your list arch and when can we see some more work posted? Toy install? Max repaint? How's that upholstry company coming? Maybe drop by and take some pics and bug them to get a move on! :)

tallcanadian

Captain

That is one sick looking boat. I cannot wait to see it on the water. What a masterpiece.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks for all the comments guys! Tonight I moved her to my garage, and took Max out to the paint booth...all nice and tucked in waiting for fresh paint! Here is a shot of Miss Morgan in the sun tonight!

IMG_0083.jpg

The plan is to get Max prepped on Saturday, and painted on Monday. Then break down the paint booth and get started putting her together! This will be the fun part!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Coostv, I will have to check on my gun....its just a gravity feed Devilibis, typical automotive gun. The clear is a DuPont, urethane mulit-use panel clear. I can get the number if you want it.

NetMatrix

Petty Officer 1st Class

Arch your boat looks really good in the sun light. It brings a beautiful shine to her. Although the shin is worse than in your paint booth. lol. Awesome work thus far though with your boat. I really like how well it is turning out. However, your trailer does need some fenders though. Just saying...