14 ft. Tri-hull Boat Total Rebuild

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: 14 ft. Tri-hull Boat Total Rebuild

Yep the Drewpster nailed it also it looks orange in the seethrough container which will remind you of oranges which is citrus :D.

Rick

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey tonight I got the second coat of primer finished on my boat! Now I'm ready to paint it. Also got my console finished fiberglassed (finally) and did a few other odds and ends on the interior.

Also got the trailer back from the welding shop. Not sure if I'll get it sandblasted and painted before vacation or not. At least its servicable now. The cosmetics can always wait for later! :)

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

First coat of Interlux paint down! I think it looks pretty gud! Can't wait to check it tomorrow morn after its dry! Then if everything goes as planned, I'll put the final coat on Monday eve. Tomorrow I want to get some supplies I need yet, and also pick up the parts for the outboard and get that fixed.

Its comin.....lol:)

Rickairmedic

Commander

Good deal sounds like you'll be splashin her soon.

Rick

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yup! ;) I basically got 2 weeks yet and it's gotta be done enough to be able to use. So I'm runnin hammer down! :)

Gonna order some final supplies maybe tomorrow morn and that should pretty much have me covered besides labor. I'm getting excited! I've never had this boat in the water PERIOD so when it first gets wet its gonna be a big deal!:D

escapade

Petty Officer 1st Class

lets see some pictures of how the paint turned out.

wish it would stop raining here so I could get moving along on my project everytime i go outside with the sander or plywood I hear the thunder:(

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

K this not a real cool pic but it'll do for now....

0724092319.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

Looks awesome. Are you going with all white for your colour?

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah I think I'm gonna do it in all white and then just get some graphics/decals for the sides. I'm thinking of doing something in yellow with a dash of black maybe.

slvrwolf1

Seaman

lets see some pictures of how the paint turned out.

wish it would stop raining here so I could get moving along on my project everytime i go outside with the sander or plywood I hear the thunder:(

Sounds like Indiana LOL. I had to take a break on my boat cause of all the rain also.

tlovelandka

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looking good man... I'm working on a Tri-Hull myself, so it's nice to see that it can be done :D

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got the first coat sanded and ready for the final coat. Didn't get around to getting it painted tho. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow night.

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good man... I'm working on a Tri-Hull myself, so it's nice to see that it can be done :D

Yeah man, hang in there! The road looks pretty long sometimes but patience and determination are definately good virtues to possess! :);)

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey! Got my final coat of paint on the boat!

And to all you guyz who have been hounding me about sealing my wood....well, I got it half done tonite!! Toot toot!! lol! I ran out of resin. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow eve.

Also got my console primed. Mite be able to get that painted tomorrow.

pinecrestwoods

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I can't figger out how to post a pic to show you what I mean, but is there just 1 screw that carries the center support of your bow seating? (make sense?) You can just see it in this pic, above your cordless drill (I suppose 6 or 8" above it).

Thunderhawk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I used Home Cheepo ext grade carpet in my boat. Been 6 yrs no problem, It'll
hold up well. Only thing is it grabs hooks being a closed loop carpet. Nice job good luck.:D

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

K this not a real cool pic but it'll do for now....

0724092319.jpg

Man, that paint is SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUweeeeeeeeeet! Looks awesome! I think I am going to HAVE to paint mine. That just looks too good! You are using interlux topside right? What is the cost on that? Roll and tipping, no?

I wasnt trying to give you a hard time, just reading through your thread you seemed to be against it. I just cant see going through all the work that you, myself and all the other nuts on here and NOT sealing the wood to the best of your abilities. You know what I mean? I am glad you changed your mind. Now you will have a beautiful boat for as long as you want to keep it. I would be proud of that boat! God, look at where you started and look at it all shiny and new looking now! You are doing a heck of a good job!

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't figger out how to post a pic to show you what I mean, but is there just 1 screw that carries the center support of your bow seating? (make sense?) You can just see it in this pic, above your cordless drill (I suppose 6 or 8" above it).

Ok yeah I see where you're talking about. That whole front framework is kinda interlocking and no one piece is exactly carrying all the weight. The framework is going to be covered with a 3/4" piece of plywood for my casting deck. If you look on the very first page of my thread you can see a close-up of that deck and framework. It might not be dumb to put a second fastener on there tho. Hadn't noticed it before. Thanx for the suggestion!

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used Home Cheepo ext grade carpet in my boat. Been 6 yrs no problem, It'll
hold up well. Only thing is it grabs hooks being a closed loop carpet. Nice job good luck.:D

Cool! Yeah I got gray exterior carpet at Lowes on Saturday. I think I should be installing that tomorrow eve! ;)

Today I got the rest of the boat sealed and got my lids finished and ready to install.

Feeling a bit like Christmas in July! Got my first shipment of "stuff" I ordered last week. Got the SS handrails for the front, hatch pulls, U bolts for the back trailer tie-downs and some other stuff. Should be bout 2 more shipments yet.