FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Pulling my hair out here, haven't had the boat out much last few seasons. Because my launch and rpms are not acting right. First off I hit something in the water and destroy my outdrive. I replaced the out drive. with A used craigslist unit. It has V8 stamped on it. But with my old trusty...
I have a custom boat, with a custom built 350. Long block is a new gm Goodwrench pre 85 350 has Volvo Penta manifolds, Edelbrock 4 brrl. 750 cfm DUI ignition bolted to a mercuismer out drive. Runs good but I want more. My auluminum prop now has a nick. It's a 19p full throttle with the 4 brrl...
I have a 9.8 Four stroke Tohatsu I ordered 1 impeller from iboats my fault wrong one don't fit. So I ordered the supposed to be right one part number 3B2-65021-1 this one says its for 9.8all its the only one I can find that fits my engine, but it don't fit. will not slide down shaft. what gives...
Over the weekend I hit a rock, the scrape is small and under boat at tail end of transom area. (what ever that part is called?) I am thinking some thickend gel coat should take care of it or should I do somthing else? for repair
With my new motor im going to need some serious fuel. Drank down 6 gallons in no time. If I put tanks starboard and port on the gunwalls. If I run the out put fuel lines. dual into the fuel filter would it suck on both tanks at the same time and keep them evan?
I have about got it back together guys its as you may know the mercuiser 898 new gm long block frankenstein, Thing will go together alot cleaner and easier if I just take the power steering cooler out of the loop. Can some one tell me why I should not?
Ok guys I boght one of theese bad boys to replace the old worn oem points distributers from the 70's http://performancedistributors.com/product/marine-dui-distributors/ The problem is this new DUI unite is huge, I aleady got lift the doghouse a little to acomadate for the new 4brrl carb . With...
its a gm goodwrench base 190hp mated up to mercruiser modded with volvo parts, and 4 brrl carb.... GM says 5sae30 mercruiser says 30sa i heard guys here using 20 40 or something why not use Honda 10 40 sj like I put in the smaller four stroke outboard and motorcycle engines?
My setup is modified,- when I put it together I used bolts on the manifolds (Volvo) Should I switch to studs? why do I see studs for mounting these?
also taking it apart I found lots of rust in them scaled up, how could I flush out the cooling system periodically to slow or stop this?
alpha bell housing near shift cable, their is like what seams to be a plastic part. It is cracked and was pulling away at the seem? I used a rubber hammer and smacked it back into place. is this some kind of insert or damage or what. could I fix with jb weld or am I screwed with this housing...
I have about 1/2 to 3/4 play in the gimbal ring pre alpha.
But Luckily A while back I picked up a complete gimbal housing Alpha came of a v6 I have V8, It seems to mount up fine... The steering is nice and tight on the alpha ! should I go forward with using this other housing or try and repair...
I got this bad boy on ebay, its not really what I thought I was getting ad said. Great performing Carb just needs cleaned. When I received it It smelled like very potent bad gas. I cant really find any info on it exept its a 750 cfm Holley. its missing the spacer so it dont fit my manifold. Im...