16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore

then you can add a chain link steering wheel, neon lights, and maybe some dingleberrys from the top of the windshield. You would be the only one to have to brush your boat.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Does this mean I have to use shag carpet? Does anyone know where I can get one of those carpet rakes? Can you get curb feelers for a boat?

BobsGlasstream

Commander

archbuilder,
I'm not sure you can buy them but I'll bet we can come up with them if you really want them. :D
I read an article once where a guy had a winged goddess on the bottom of his airplane and used his neighbors wife's picture for the face. I always wondered how that went over at his house? It really didn't cover that in the article. :confused:
Take care.
Bob

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Lucky for me she has only looked at my thread so no, she has no clue about the Morgan pictures! She did some skimpy shoots back in the day. I just googled her name and clicked on images- no harm in that:D

Last edited:

micks110

What the???? All the way back to Page 2? Did you take a day off:confused:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Geez you guys are hard to work for! I have a couple of things going on in the evening this week, so no progress till the weekend! I am planning on going by a upholstery shop this week to get some input on the seats. After talking with my friends seamstress....I'm not sure she is the one for a "new construction" project.....I bet she would be fine a redo.....but I want to pick someones brain who has built seats from the ground up.

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

IMG_2761.jpg

I would like to know where you got those bunk supports.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I got them at Bass Pro. Academy also carries them, but only in the 10" version, I used the 8". I think Atwood's was the brand...but I wouldn't swear too it.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

No, now that I think about it, they are Ship shape brand.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Well I headed over to a upholstery shop today that specializes in boats. We talked through what I was thinking about doing and how to go about it. So it looks like this weekend I will be working on making a mock up out of MDF of the seat frames. Once I have that done I'm going to run that over to the upholster to make sure I am headed in the right direction. Once we work out the kinks, I'm going to make the actual frames out of plywood using the mock up MDF pieces as patterns. The MDF is cheap, and I figure its a good way to cut, fit, tweak, cut, fit, tweak until I have it right.

Mick you will be very disappointed to hear that they don't offer leopard skin marine vinyl......they did have some really cool "carbon graphite" looking stuff.

I'm also working with one of my electrical engineers to develop "dock feelers"....they will be all the rage on "pimped" boats next summer. Mick, I'll make sure you get one of the first sets, just send me your credit card info :D

micks110

That's a shame on the leopard print. I thought that would be cool:confused:

Glad to hear you are making progress on the seats.

If it ain't free it ain't for me- "dock feelers"??? what the?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Here is a seat I found online, what do you guys think? I was thinking of doing the main body of the seat in red and the accents in the middle as gray? I thought the shape wasn't bad for the boat.....not perfect but not bad... a little over stuffed.

254-6-lg.jpg

Friscoboater

Captain

I like that seat alot.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

archbuilder,
I really like the style and your color choice sounds good.
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Archbuilder, are you making the frames for bucket seats or are you buying the one in the pic to recover? If you are building the frames please make sure you post lots of pics as you build the frames. I want to build my own very similar to the one in the pic but they all look like the back is curved and made of plastic. I would love to save the money of building my own from plywood and coating them in fiberglass.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Skibum, I was looking at buying the chair just like you see it, with a different color scheme. You can get it for about $200, which is cheaper than I can build the frame and have it covered. You could probably do pretty good on your price if you can sew the cover too. Sewing is one of those things I have yet to figure out, so one way or another I'm going to pay someone to do the sewing. I may still make the seats to get a different look.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I really like that seat. I agree with the over stuffed part, but I really like the curves. Reading this thread has me thinking. I wanted pedistal seats but never thought about building them and covering them. Now that I have found a good upho;sterer, that might be an option. Plywood is not that hard to bend with kerfs.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks Ezmobee, I really liked the Wise seat you used, but I think its a little too angular for my boat. I think the more horseshoe shaped / curved seats will "look" right in the boat.